IWRG’s usual Thursday show is replaced by an AAA sponsored show in Arena Naucalpan tonight. Main event is billed as the first Cibernetico/Perro meeting since TripleMania, though this time in a trios. Not a taping as far as we can figure, though highlights might turn up on Tercera Caida. CMLL luchadors are working a show in Arena Aficion.
Ricky Marvin will be at Arena Coliseo San Luis Potosi this Sunday. That post says Virus is on the card too, but it’s unclear if the old rivals are facing each other. A note in the WON mentions Ricky’s trying to get in to the WWE. That’s still a tough path.
The WON also reported TripleMania had 20,000 iPPV buys. That number does not seem plausible to me, unless it’s accidentally the conventional PPV buys. There’s also a mention of the Goyito Perez situation (UFC at fault with flight issues) and a plan to have done something with Perez and Daga. I don’t know if it would been so useful for Daga going for guy trading blows with a UFC fighter to setting up furniture for Perro Aguayo and pinballing for Cibernetico – it’d better at another show where AAA can’t accidental undo what they’ve done.
Titan wants a title match with Averno because he never actually lost the title in the ring, just had it stripped from him due to injury. He’d also like to get Polvora’s mask. Titan was also the guest on this week’s Tercera Caida.
Porra Fresa’s recap of Puebla’s Monday show mentions Pegasso was put in a neck brace after taking the Skandalo Driver. That may just be emphasizing the power of the move and not an injury. Pegasso’s due on Friday’s card.
El Hijo del Santo identifies the moment lucha libre turned into a circus: the first ever 2 vs 1 handicap match in 1941. Now, eight sided rings, mixed tags and extreme matches are apparently killing the business. I think the attempt at dig of the week is claiming someone other than AAA came up with a non-four sided ring (but also he hates it, so not sure why he cares.)
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
- Perro Aguayo Jr. said he had a clear win over Cibernetico and Cibernetico should stop complaining.
- Cronicas y Leyendas looks back at Gran Hamada vs Rene Guajarado, 1981 debuts (and not debuts), and King Haku singles matches.
- More on Abogado del Diablo‘s attempt to return to lucha libre.
- CMLL Puebla reairs on TVC Deportes on Saturday at 1pm. Bet the feed is tuned to a soccer game on another channel.
CMLL (TUE) 07/02/2013 Arena Mexico
1) Molotov & Oro Jr. vs Apocalipsis & Camorra
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Soberano Jr., Súper Halcón Jr. vs Disturbio, Hijo del Signo, Nosferatu
3) Hijo del Fantasma, Sagrado, Tritón vs Misterioso Jr., Puma, Sangre Azteca
4) Bushiroad vs Virus [lightning]
5) Fuego, Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr. vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Tiger
6) Máscara Dorada, Titán, Valiente vs Averno, Pierroth, Volador Jr.
So close. If Pierroth was any good, the main event might be great. Lightning match could be a lot of fun, but they never air the lightning match. Semimain may be best possible match, though it’s 3 days before Fuego & Stuka have their En Busca de un Idolo match and that may play into things.
Wonder who Comandante will be with on this show. She’s been back with TRT lately after ditching them for Pierroth.