AAA IWL (SAT) 06/08/2013 Atras del Teatro, Atizapan de Zaragoza, Estado de Mexico [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), R de Rudo]
2) Atomic Star, Payaso Carroña, Payaso Terror, Peirko b Infierno Kid Jr., Ojo Diabólico Jr., Sepulturero I, Último Vampiro and Ángel Del Amor, Chucho el Roto, Iron Love, Yakuza and Centinela, Quimico, Samael, Tormento
Perico moonsaulted Samael and Centinela
3) Oficial AK47, Pantera I, Slash, Suicida b Camikaze, Freelance, Super Boing, Super Pascual
Super Boing, Super Pascual, and Camikaze are Las Frutas. AK-47 beat Super Boing.
4) Fresero Jr., Lolita, Ninja de Fuego b Pasion Kristal, Pentagón Jr., Sexy Lady
Pentagon beat Fresero
5) Ludark Shaitan b Crazy Mary [Copa Femenil Extrema IWL]
expected hardcore match.
6) Carta Brava I, Cerebro Negro, Fantasma de la Ópera b Cíclope, Niko, Pagano and Epitafio, Leviatham, Rocky Santana and Scorpio Jr., Tony Rivera, Zumbudo and Black Terry, Dinamic Black, Dr. Cerebro and Drastik Boy, Paranoiko, Super Mega and Eterno, Súper Nova, X-Fly and Argenis, Drago, Fénix
Ultimo Gladiador replaced Super Nova. Ciclope was the mystery luchador on his team. Preshow press conference had built up the AULL/IWL rivarlry, and team IWL won.
7) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown b Ángel o Demonio, León Rojo, Ovett [IWL TRIOS]
Clowns won the trios titles back with a distraction from Rocky Santana
The opener, who’s names I’m sure of so no listed here, was the only match to get money thrown in. Luchador count: 62! There looks to be so many people standing on the apron during the 4 way atomicos, I don’t know how anyone saw the match. Outdoor arena looked about a 1/4 full (and also looked like it would be a great venue if full.) Ludark’s match is on her YouTube channel. The entire show looks to have been taped for TVC Deportes.
CMLL (MON) 06/10/2013 Arena Puebla [El Popular]
1) Ares, Espíritu Maligno, Saurón b Águila Egipcia, Meyer, Tigre Rojo Jr.
Aguila Egipcia’s debut here.
2) Hombre Bala, Stigma, Super Halcon b Arkángel de la Muerte, Disturbio, Nitro
3) Blue Panther, Fuego, Sagrado DQ Morphosis, Olímpico, Vangelis
Morphosis fouled Blue Panther. Fuego listed as wrestling again.
4) Diamante Azul, La Sombra, Máscara Dorada b Mr. Niebla, Pierroth, Terrible
Diamante Azul replaced Shocker, Terrible replaced Gran Guerrero. Pierroth’s debut (under that name; last here in July 2003 under his last name.) Azul beat Niebla with the German suplex.
5) Atlantis b Último Guerrero
Atlantis took fall won with a rana, Ultimo Guerrero took second with a powerbomb with his feet on the ropes. UG tried to use the Atlantida in the third, but Atlantis escaped and beat him.
Popular lists Fuego as working this show, but then they had him working last week’s show and it turned out to be Stigma instead. This is important because Fuego’s scheduled to wrestle tonight in the final night of the first round of the En Busca de un Idolo, in a classic “win and get a lot of votes and get some favorable reviews and make sure they never fix their scoring typo” situation.
Fuego is 65 points behind Fantasma based on CMLL’s standings. It should be 67, but they’ve embarssingly never fixed a wrong score. As of the moment, Fuego would get 28 points more than Fantasma from the poll, which leaves Fuego with 38 points to pick up tonight. It turns out Fuego has averaged 18 points from the judges, and that and 20 points from a win would give exactly the number he needs. The trailing people in the polls have gotten more points than they earned most every week, so Fuego probably needs to get closer to 24 to feel any safe. Fuego faces Misterioso tonight and as bad as Misterioso has done for himself, his opponents have averaged 25 points from the judges so far. That would be plenty.
And yet, we don’t know if Fuego is actually okay. He’ll probably fight because luchadors are crazy people who fight when they should not – which is the same reason I’d assume Stuka and Mistico will also be on tonight’s card – but there’s a chance for mass chaos here.
CMLL Gaceta has a preview of tonight’s show, where the Avernos are dismissive of the Estetas and the entire concept of championships. “We do not need the trios titles to know we’re the best team in world”, says Ephesto. Perhaps they’re slightly bitter they were left out.
Parka Negra said on Twitter he was in a car accident with Super Parka. Actually, he says “I finally awoke from a car accident”, which sounds not good at all, but he says he’s okay.
AAA announced mexican born UFC fighter Erik “Goyito” Perez will second Octagon at TripleMania. AAA’s been working on this since Perez mentioned he was a fan of Octagon growing up and wore an Octagon inspired mask to the octagon for a UFC fight. (It appears he also generally likes lucha libre; he posted photos with Volador Jr. and Volador Sr. a couple weeks ago.) I would expect Perez does something that’ll can be used as a highlight elsewhere, and that AAA will want to stay close to Perez and MMA as time goes on.
The lucha show over the weekend in New York with Blue Demon, Bestia, Damian, and Extreme Tiger among others drew poorly and many wrestlers did not get paid. It’s different promoters, but there seems to be a bad track record with New York based lucha libre promotions.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update, including results from Cancun. Thunder worked the show. Los Colisenos says the Thunder Facebook linked to last week is a fake account, though frustratingly in a fashion where no one could have known what he was talking about.
Texano reassures the world that Texano will not be losing his title at TripleMania. I feel better.
Apolo Valdes mentioned this year’s Lucha Libre Expo will be November 8-10th. Probably more coming tomorrow.
CMLL (SUN) 06/16/2013 Arena Mexico
1) Metatrón & Sensei vs Akuma & Zayco
2) Molotov, Soberano Jr., Stigma vs Apocalipsis, Espanto Jr., Inquisidor
3) Dark Angel vs Lluvia, Estrellita, Goya Kong, Dalis la Caribeña, Tiffany, Princesa Sugheit, La Comandante, Zeuxis, La Seductora [cibernetico]
Dark Angel replaces Silueta
4) La Máscara, Rush, Titán vs Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Psicosis
5) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente vs Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero [CMLL TRIOS, final]
Final of an eight team tournament. Winner becomes 25th champions.
This tournament seems set up for Estetas del Aire winning to popularize them as the great new team – but are you really going to be able to popularize a CMLL trio on the day of TripleMania?
It’s great Dark Angel is back, but that match also needed Silueta and like three more. Oh well. I still haven’t gotten to the matches with Lluvia yet, maybe she’s awesome now.
CMLL (SUN) 06/16/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Idolo & Javier Cruz vs Satara & Thunder Boy
2) Esfinge, León Blanco, Virgo vs Espectrum, Infierno, Ráfaga
3) Azteca de Oro & Sky Kid vs Demonio Rojo & Sádico and El Hippie & Leo and Évola & Exterminador
listed as Full Ring de Parejas
4) Luna Mágica vs Princesa Blanca [lightning]
5) Bárbaro Cavernario, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas vs Hijo del Fantasma, Rey Cometa, Tritón
“Full Ring de Parejas” has not been previously done, may be a four way tag.
Satara is from the Dantes Lucha Factory.