taped 2013-05-12 @ Plaza de Toros, Durango, Durango
IWRG (THU) 06/06/2013 Arena Naucalpan [IWRG]
1) Fulgore II b Sky Ángel
2) Cristal, Rayo Tapatío I, Saruman b Alan Extreme, Diosa Maya, Imposible [super libre]
3) Ángel Del Amor, Astro Rey Jr., Chico Che b Carta Brava Jr., Cerebro Negro, Tomahawk
Chico Che plancha on Tomahawk in the third.
4) Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro b Centvrión, Dinamic Black, Golden Magic
Rudos took 1/3, with 911 stealing Dinamic’s mask and pinning him. Dinamic demanded a singles match with 911.
5) Eterno, Súper Nova, X-Fly b Barba Roja, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan
Barba Roja replaced Pirata Jr. Familia de Tijuana took 2/3, destroying the pirates. Barba Roja’s mask was ripped, bled, and was sent to the infirmity after taking a martinete. Hijo de Pirata Morgan also bled greatly. X-Fly landed a swanton on Pirata Sr. for the win. FdT want a shot at either of the Morgan’s trios titles.
Current En Busca de un Idolo standings, after week 3
245 Valiente* – CLINCHED
178 Stuka Jr.
166 Hijo del Fantasma
103 Sangre Azteca
098 Misterioso Jr.
Those are the offical standings. Those aren’t the right numbers – the two errors in Fuego (should be 131) and Valiente (should be 259) totals from last week were never corrected by CMLL. It’s not going to matter for Valiente, who’s already clinched. It could play into the last spot. Fuego did not do well in the polls the first two weeks, but beat Fantasma did poorly in the fan polls all three weeks, and so Fuego picked up 28 points on him this week to make this a contest.
- If Hijo del Fantasma wins and Fuego loses, Fantasma will advance
- If Hijo del Fantasma loses and Fuego wins, Fuego will only need a small (~10) victory in the polling to advance
- If both lose or both win, Fuego needs a big victory in the polling to advance, but he did get one of those this week.
Fuego doesn’t have a match with Tuesday – unless I’ve missed it somewhere – but Hijo del Fantasma has a match tonight. Not just a match, a match against Tiger. The last time Hijo del Fantasma and Tiger had a match, it went to a hilarious time limit draw. That was in Arena Coliseo, this one is in Arena Mexico, and so Fantasma has a ramp to allow him to actually win a match, but another time limit draw would throw a big monkey wrench into everything. The other En Busca de un Idolo match, Vangelis vs Valiente, will has little affect on the standings but will probably foreshadow one – or maybe two – rematches later in this tournament.
The main event on today’s card is Mistico, Mascara Dorada, and Sombra versus Terrible, Euforia, and Volador Jr. It’s pushed both as another recurrence of the Volador/Sombra rivlary and a possible preview of Sunday’s trios tournament, though it’s more directly a really great sounding match. The big story to track is any existent of major show on 06/14; it’s seven days away, so CMLL would have to make any match fairly clear by the end of the night. They’re hinting at a massive hair match, but not at a date – maybe they’ve decided running a big show on Sunday is enough for TripleMania weekend.
Thunder says he’s off Saturday’s CMLL show in Cancun due to some issue with CMLL. Thunder also missed Tuesday’s show in Guadalajara, but he’s supposed to be on tonight’s card in Arena Mexico and still listed there on CMLL Gaceta’s preview. Not sure what’s going on.
Hijo del Santo has more details on his son’s training in NOAH. The biggest detail is his son, 16, will not be wrestling as Nieto del Santo, at least at first. He’ll be using the name “Tempestad” and a black version of the Santo mask. (There are guys in Satillo and Monterrey also using that name.) NOAH wanted to use him as Nieto del Santo, but Tempestad said he was not ready for that name. He’s been training under Solar since age 12, has trained in taekwondo and jiu jistu, and won a Ne Waza competition. Nieto del Santo is headed to New Zealand after his training in Japan is done, and it sounds like he’s a ways away from debuting in Mexico under any name.
Tercera Caida had an interview with the three wrestlers in the AAA Mega Championship title picture: Texano, Heavy Metal and the Cruz Azul of AAA, Chessman. Fusion had the Mexican Powers vs Perros del Mal and an all exoticos match.
LuchaWorld has upcoming Ciudad Juarez shows.
Alfonso Morales mentions Box Y Lucha has (or will?) dedicate an entire magazine to Hector Garza’s career. Anyone seen this?
Cibernetico says he wanted to be a luchador since he was little and he’s been living his dream for 20 years.
Rompe Huesos has an article on luchadors who got fat.
Crazy Boy signing contracts.
CMLL (TUE) 06/11/2013 Arena Mexico
1) Höruz & Oro Jr. vs Guerrero Negro Jr. & Ramstein
2) Astral, Eléctrico, Fantasy vs Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
3) Delta, Diamante, Hijo del Fantasma vs Cancerbero, Nosferatu, Raziel
4) Fuego vs Misterioso Jr. [En Busca de un Idolo]
5) Stuka Jr. vs Sangre Azteca [En Busca de un Idolo]
6) La Máscara, Super Porky, Thunder vs Gran Guerrero, Mr. Niebla, Terrible
7) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Another main event that looks very good. Semimain looks the opposite.
It would be to Fuego’s benefit if he could get Misterioso to not annoy the judges.
CMLL (TUE) 06/11/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Leo & Virgo vs Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
2) Black Metal & Smaker vs Artillero & Súper Comando
3) Acero, Bam Bam, Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16, Pequeño Violencia, Pequeño Warrior
4) Rush vs Euforia
5) Atlantis, Diamante Azul, La Sombra vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Rush is a very different opponent than Euforia usually has singles matches with, but it should still be good.
There’s definitely a replacement for Demus in the trios.
No TxT this week.
== AAA ==
AAA-Televisa: Toluca taping. My hunch is they’re airing the top 2 matches (and 2 more for UTDN), and next week is just a 1 hour hype video.
AAA-Fusion: The last two matches from Tutltitlan – Cibernetico/Mesias vs Chessman/Negra + trios opener.
== CMLL ==
Galavision/Televisa: Sombra vs Nakamura. This is not a week to air three matches and edit down matches, but who knows with Televisa.
FOX: Dorada/Mistico/Valiente vs Ephesto/Mephisto/Volador + women’s trios.
52MX: Minis cage match, Dorada/Negro
C3: Diamante Azul vs Rey Bucanero, a maybe a good segunda
TVC Deportes (Puebla): Atlantis, Mascara, Rush vs Gran Guerrero, Ultimo Guerrero, Volador
Terra: Rush vs Nakamura
== Other ==
IWRG-AYM Sports: Trauma II vs Carta Brava, if it airs.
Noches de Coliseo: maybe the V4/LA Park vs Angel Blanco Jr./Dr. Wagner Jr.