Archive for May 17th, 2013
IWRG (THU) 05/16/2013 Arena Naucalpan [IWRG]
1) Serpiente de Oro b Dragón Celestial
2) Centvrión & Golden Magic b Eita & Tomahawk
3) Chico Che, Dinamic Black, Dr. Cerebro b Cerebro Negro, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
4) Cien Caras Jr., Eterno, Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. b Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan Jr.
Eterno snuck in a foul on Hijo del Pirata. Those two are now feuding; Pirata wants a title shot.
5) Carta Brava Jr. b Factor [IWRG JUNIORS]
Carta Brava Jr. took falls 2/3, the last by countout when Factor couldn’t make it back in after Carta Brava dove on to him (in the chairs.) Factor falls on his first defense. Carta is 9th champion.
AAA starts the first half of a two taping weekend tonight in Puebla. The main event is Electroshock, Blue Demon and Mesias versus Silver King, Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. and Texano Jr., where the tecnico team might have problems getting along and the champion might be distracted by challengers. Of note, there’s a mystery person scheduled to be teaming with Halloween & Psicosis vs Los Mirreyes. That seems like the spot for Ricky Marvin’s AAA first in-ring match since returning, but AAA oddly edited off his previous appearance from the Televisa broadcast, so maybe something is up. (I always seem to be thinking up.) AAA has two more TV tapings between this and TripleMania and a month to go, but it’s about time for the main matches to be sorted out so they can start hyping them. The heavyweight title match should be clear by Sunday, and maybe tonight.
AAA published an interview with Mesias, where he blamed Blue Demon Jr. for their fighting last time they were a tag team and said he wouldn’t start anything tonight if Demon behaved. Whatever those two are doing for TripleMania – either facing off for the new Blue Legacy championship or something else – should be clear by the end of tonight’s taping.
Jinzo tweeted about going to the Puebla show; maybe he’s been added to the opener?
The Puebla commission held some tryouts for the dark match at tonight’s taping. The winners were Jeygo & Zaeta Rojo Jr. (tecnicos) vs Avaricia & Mini Espiritu (rudos). Someone named Israel Ramírez is listed here as co-ordinator for AAA events; unclear if that’s all AAA events or just those in Puebla.
CMLL’s show kicks off En Busca de un Idolo. All matches will air on Terra.mx, in similar fashion to the shows on Sundays. Those matches should take place around 9:20pm CT, but we’re not quite sure when the feed will actually go live. Terra lists a start time of 8:30pm, the start of the CMLL show. It’d probably be easier for CMLL just to air the whole show on the internet, but their TV deals may not make that possible. We’ll have a better handle on it in a week. Tonight’s Busca matches are Stuka vs Tiger and Fuego vs Vangellys, and I’ll pick Stuka and Vangellys to win.
The actual main event has Sombra teaming with Diamante Azul and Maximo vs Negro Casas, Nakamura, and Pierroth. Nakamura says Sombra thinks he’s good, but Nakamura is the best in the world (and he’s so little interested in the other two as to not bother insulting them.) Namajague and Cometa remain linked together in the undercard. The show is a 7 match card – as Friday cards will be for the duration of the tournament – so matches might be shorter than usual.
Silueta is off the ChilangaMask show on Sunday. Sounds like CMLL pulled her off to work another show.
Vivaelhoy has a good interview with Casandro, talking about his career and his appearance in Chicago for the recent Lucha Va Voom show.
There’s a story saying “luchador Azteca Negro killed his brother.” I can’t find a single match Azteca Negro had; he could be a very low level luchador, but he probably was a lot of other things too.
Rob has his En Busca de un Idolo picks.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
- AAA and sponsor Pelon Pelo Rico are holding a lot of autographs signings starting today, and help you create your luchador name.
- SLP luchador Astro Latino won the IWL Junior Championship from Cerebro Negro.
- Volador is running a raffle.
- Tips for selling things FROM Mexico.
- AAA posted the first part of their interview with Crazy Boy and Nino Hamburguesa.
- Herejia talks about his “strategic” (read: cheating) AULL Light Heavyweight Championship.
- Rompe Huesos has a bio of Ultimo Dragon.
- Hijo del Santo talks about his trainer.
- Cassandro talks about karma.