CMLL (MON) 05/13/2013 Arena Puebla [El Popular, El Sol de Puebla]
1) Espiritu Maligno & Fuerza Chicana b Asturiano & Black Tiger
2) Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito b Astral, Pequeño Halcón, Stukita
Stukia missed Sunday but is listed as back here.
3) Diamante, Sagrado, Stigma b Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
4) Diamante Azul, Super Porky, Titán b Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Tiger
Bucanero snuck in a foul on Azul to in. Azul demanded mask vs hair again, but Bucanero only agreed to a normal singles match.
5) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente b Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Tecnicos, whichever name they have, won falls 2/3. Mistica on Escorpion in the third again.
Mistico and Rush (not on the card) were in what sounded like a one car accident on the way to this show. The roads were slick and they hit a car accident. CMLL told Apolo Valdes that it was a minor accident and neither luchador was hurt. El Popular doesn’t even mention the accident or Mistico hurt from it, but that report usually glosses over minor details. (Wouldn’t be surprised to find out Stukita wasn’t in that match, for instance.) El Sol de Puebla notes the accident in passing.
The main event of the 05/30 AAA TV taping in Toluca is Canek, Villano IV, and Perro Aguayo Jr. vs Cibernetico, Mesias and a surprise. No other matches are announced in the article which must be from the local promoter, because the same text appears in a couple different newspapers, and suggests Dos Caras, Mil Mascaras and Rayo de Jalisco as the mystery luchador. Nah, but if Canek is teaming with V4 here, maybe he’s also on V4’s team for TripleMania? The article pushes the Heavy Metal vs Texano feud and Daga and Fabi Apache as appearing on the card.
Speaking of the Villanos: I can’t believe I missed this yesterday. Check out this picture from the street show out in Mexico City on Sunday. That’s a guy in a Villano mask, which has to be Villano IV since he’s the only masked one left. Except Villano IV was definitely in Durango wrestling on an AAA TV taping. Which means the retired Ray Mendoza Jr. is now working under Villano IV gear when his brother is double booked. Running that retirement show was so dumb on pretty much every level.
Cinco Radio’s preview of Friday’s AAA TV show in Puebla oddly says La Parka & Heavy Metal will team with a surprise luchador. Fenix has been listed in that spot.
Llaves y Candados announced WWL (and Zero One Mexico) will be helping them put on shows this summer. The first show will be June 16, and a “Mega Cartel” on July 7th. An iPPV from Arena Coliseo Monterrey?
At the Univision upfronts (sales presentation for next season’s TV show), Univision announced they’d invest money in in El Rey as part of a partnership the upcoming channel where AAA is expected to in the US. Univision is the parent channel of Galavision, and holds the rights to air AAA (and CMLL) in the United States. Perhaps this might leads to the AAA Mexico show being sent over to El Rey if the right deals are worked out? Maybe I’m connecting way too many dots, but AAA people seem happy with this development.
AULL’s multi-gym trainee tag team tournament came down to Beda & Spider Boy (AULL), King Dragon & Meta Dragon (AULL) and Kiuuby & Holkkan (Konkreto Gym). Kiuuby is the small Fuerza Guerrera trainee everyone liked when they were battling IWRG’s students. Estrellas del Ring has full results of the show; of the 27 teams announced, there was only 1 sub (!) and the only team not to show up was Japanese Milanito Collection A.T./Kenbai team. (Kenbai did make it to Mexico, judging by his twitter.) The final of the tournament is on the AULL 05/19 anniversary show.
R de Rudo has video of the LA Park vs Dr. Wagner match from this past weekend’s TxT. It sounds like the TxT show on Cadena3 may just be continuing next week, instead of the two weeks off, two weeks on pattern previously. That would put the TV version of this match on 05/26.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
- The Valdez family trio won the main event Sunday in Arena Coliseo Monterrey. The guys in the opener were said to look ‘very green’. I can’t even imagine what that means in Monterrey.
- Dr. Wagner Jr. wants to know if LA Park is a coward.
- A video interview with Esther Moreno.
- Lucha activities at the Museo Noreste this week include an airing of Santo vs las Mujeres Vampiro.
CMLL (MON) 05/20/2013 Arena Puebla
1) Asturiano, Meyer, Tigre Rojo Jr. vs Akron, King Jaguar, Siki Ozama Jr.
2) Pegasso, Starman, Stigma vs Hooligan, Nitro, Skándalo
3) Delta, Sagrado, Tritón vs Olímpico, Puma, Sangre Azteca
4) Diamante Azul vs Rey Bucanero
5) Atlantis, La Sombra, Thunder vs Felino, Negro Casas, Shinsuke Nakamura
Poor Rey Bucanero. (Still not a title defense.)