AAA TV (SUN) 05/12/2013 Plaza de Toros, Durango, Durango [Lucha Libre AAA]
1) Lucky Boy & Niño de Ébano b Carta Brava Jr. & Dr. Cerebro
No Freelance or Segura. Two Spanish Flys from Maxima Velocidad for the win.
2) El Apache, Eterno, Mamba b Aerostar, Atomic Boy, Axel
Axel’s debut in AAA (though he was in AAA as Goldman way back in 1993.) Apache beat Atomic Boy with a top rope powerbomb. Daga made fun of Axel after the match.
3) Argos, Chessman, Halloween b Angélico, Drago, Jack Evans
Chessman beat Drago with a top rope legdrop. Rolling with the momentum of such a big win, Chessman challenged Texano for a title shot. Texano again said Heavy Metal is washed up as a luchador, so no title match for Heavy Metal. Texano ruled Chessman was a quality luchador who give him a good fight, and so accepted Chessman’s challenge.
4) Silver King, Texano Jr., Villano IV b Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown
Villano IV snuck in a foul on Psycho Clown. Villano IV declared he and his brothers were the best trio that has ever existed in the history of wrestling. La Parka (not the Clowns, who are champions here) appeared to disagree and proposed an AAA Legends vs Villano’s team.
5) Daga, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Psicosis b Escoria, La Parka, Ozz
As with all Perro matches, an unannounced no disqualification match. Perro said this result would repeat at TripleMania.
Air Date: let’s say 05/18 and 05/25, sounds plausible, though some matches will also air on Fusion so maybe just one week.
The rudos won every match, though sometimes Lucky & Nino are tecnicos and sometimes they’re tecnicos (and you can’t really tell which way it in any match, so maybe I should’ve just made everyone there black.)
What we’ve got for TripleMania so far
- Cibernetico vs Perro Aguayo Jr. [hair]
- Texano Jr. (c) vs Chessman [AAA HEAVY] – this would actually be very interesting. It can’t actually be happening. Heavy Metal and Chessman are on opposite sides of a trios match at the next taping which be the next chapter here. Mesias & Blue Demon might be involved in this match too, or might be in their own match.
- Daga (c) vs Axel [AAA CRUISER] – possibly a multi-man match by the time they’re done, because they’ve always done multiman match
- Villanos vs AAA Legends of La Parka, Octagon, Whoever Else – the recap says “independents”, which might mean someone else besides Villano V. More likely he has a third last match ever. Maybe the Psycho Circus involved? They’re facing Consejo again in Tampico
- Atomic Boy vs El Apache [mask vs hair] – they’ve dragged it out for this long
That leaves room for 2 or 3 matches. No hints about TNA or other outside involvement. Probably a Relevos AAA to get women and minis and exoticos on the card, since they all have no feuds. Maybe the Blue Demon Legacy Title? There’s a lot of different ways they could ‘add’ on a lot of extra people, no way of knowing which way they’ll go.
There’s missing a match that’s going to be a sure great match. Both Perro & Cibernetico and Atomic Boy & Apache look to be bloody memorable spectacles, but there’s no match that just has two or four or six really good wrestlers against each other – like the Fusion match at Rey de Reyes – , and AAA definitely has those luchadors. I assume they’ll be adding more people to the Cruiserweight match, but that hasn’t worked out well in the past. Maybe Demon and Mesias will be split out into it’s own match so Mesias can try for that great TripleMania match, as he usual does.
Friday in Puebla
05/24 in Tampico – probably the cut off for stuff airing in any meaningful way before TripleMania
05/30 in Toluca – semi-lame duck taping?
06/16 in TripleMania – getting close to a month away!