CMLL (MON) 05/06/2013 Arena Puebla [El Popular]
1) Meyer & Tigre Rojo b Ares & El Malayo
Tiger Rojo submitted Ares.
2) Artillero, Súper Comando, Taurus b Camaleón, Höruz, Magnus
Horuz returned from his knee injury, and Taurus wrestled as normal (regardless of anyone else he might be.) Taurus beat Magnus with the Toroslam.
3) Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit b Dalis la Caribeña, Goya Kong, Luna Mágica
Rudas all submitted the tecnicas.
4) Blue Panther, Diamante Azul, Thunder b Negro Casas, Rey Bucanero, Terrible
Azul pinned Bucanero, then challenged him to a mask vs hair match. Bucanero declined, explaining Arena Puebla wasn’t good enough for a match of that stature. Fans were not thrilled.
5) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente b Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Tecnicos are listed as Los Cadetes del Aire. Rudos jumped the tecnicos, but the tecnicos rallied 2/3. Mistico used La Mistica to pin Mephisto.
It’s very possible the tecnico trio is supposed to be Los Cadetes del Aire, only they didn’t know that on Sunday. It is CMLL.
An Azul vs Bucanero apuesta match would be something. Puebla is due an Anniversary match, though I’m not sure that’s one they’d be thrilled by. Rey Bucanero has a long history of being demolished.
While CMLL says they don’t know how long Nakamura is around, NJPW says he’s in Mexico from May 11 to June 12. Nakamura’s been moved into the main event, taking Mr. Niebla’s place (with Kraneo subbed in to the semimain.) Rush is on the other side of the main event, and Rush vs Nakamura for the NJPW IC title sometime in the next four weeks seems very likely.
Mima Shimoda returns to CMLL on Friday, replacing Zeuxis. (Finals?)
AAA’s show on UTDN is being bumped back to 9 pm on Thursdays.
Milanito Collection AT and Kenbai from Japan (Michinoku Pro & Big Japan?) have been added to the ChilangaMask show next weekend. They’re part of the opener multiman match. The story is they’re coming to Mexico anyway to train with Negro Navarro but they’re starting on this show. Both are former Toryumon Mexico trainees. The mini Milano was around from 2004-2006.
Kenbai was around at times from 2005 to 2009, including working as a CMLL regular for the last stretch under the name Pequeno Ninja. (He also lost his hair to Demus 3:16 in his unmasked identity.) (Edit: Nope, the site I looked at was wrong.)
Recaps of Sunday’s IWRG show (Estrellas del Ring/IWRG, The Gladiatores) mention explain Carta Brava won the first fall of the double title title match, Dinamic Black won the second, and they were both pinned on a tapatia like submission. The commissioner gave them the okay for a fourth fall, Carta pulled Dinamic Black’s mask, but Dinamic Black cradled him anyway for the win.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update and Alfredo’s review of the UIPW LA show this past weekend.
Bill has highlights of 04/21/2013 CMLL.
Lucha Libre in Japan
NJPW announced the blocks and schedule for everyone in their BOSJ tournament. We don’t care about everyone, we care about Titan. This is Titan’s schedule:
05/22: pre tournament tag match – Titan & Barreta vs BUSHI & Hirmou Takahashi
05/26: vs Barreta
05/28: vs Hiromu Takahashi
05/30: vs Liger
06/01: vs Taichi
06/02: vs Ricochet
06/03: vs Alex Shelley
06/04: vs Prince Devitt
06/06: vs Rocky Romero06/09: semifinals/final (or non tournament action)
NJPW invites a CMLL luchador into these tournaments twice a year, the CMLL luchador gets off to a great start (to build credibility) and then starts losing every single match. This looks like more of the same, it’s just a matter of figuring out where Titan goes over the top of the mountain peak and falls down the cliff on the other side. The CMLL luchador usually beats Liger in BOSJ, so he’s at least making it that far. Titan also has his off show to start the tour, not to end it, so his match with Romero will probably mean something on the final day. That’s different from recent tournaments.
The top two from this block advance. Prince Devitt, the Junior Heavyweight champion, is surely one of the two. Takahashi is a novato and will be happy to get one win. Everyone else is about the same level and the second spot is in play. I’d guess Ricochet is going to advance, but NJPW didn’t book fellow Dragon Gate wrestler PAC strong last year. (Though there were obviously other circumstances.) Shelley would be an interesting pick, but he’s probably headed back to a tag title rematch against Romero and his partner might win the other block. This is Barreta’s debut here and there’s no idea how NJPW sees him. Liger is Liger. Titan has an actual shot. (I am a fool.)
If we’re going to dream the next NJPW PPV is 06/22 and the winner of this would likely get a shot against Prince Devitt on that show.
- Canek & Canek Jr. are headed to WWL, which I guess means there’s a second WWL show.
- Eterno & Danny Casas talk about their title match, and Carta Brava Jr. talks about his upcoming AAA appearances.
- AAA has their full interview with La Jarochita.
- A video interview with Rossy Moreno.
- An amateur photography lucha libre exhibit is opening in Tulancingo.
- Hijo del Medico Asesino. says he did not speak English when he was signed by the WWE. That is still the most mysterious developmental signing.
- Dorian Roldan liked this video on Axel vs Hijo del Santo.
- This picture of an old El Santo Box Y Lucha cover reminds me it was very cool when the Box Y Lucha site used to have 100s of them up. If someone wants an easy luchawiki project, collecting old covers and putting them up on the wiki so everyone could flip thru them would be nice.
CMLL (SUN) 05/12/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Tapatío & Explosivo vs El Yaki & Relampago Azul
2) Black Metal, Javier Cruz, Virgo vs Espectrum, Infierno, Jocker
3) Esfinge, Leo, Smaker vs Exterminador, Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno
4) Stuka Jr. vs Ráfaga
5) Diamante Azul & Thunder vs Comandante Pierroth & Mephisto
A struggle or a main event.
No idea if that’s a new Explosivo. Yaki and Tapatio haven’t been around much either; it’s almost like the dummy opener matches they rarely used to announce in Mexico City, when the card was going to be changed after another match was made.
CMLL (MON) 05/13/2013 Arena Puebla
1) Asturiano & Black Tiger vs Espiritu Maligno & Fuerza Chicana
2) Astral, Pequeño Halcón, Stukita vs Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
3) Diamante, Sagrado, Stigma vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
4) Diamante Azul, Super Porky, Titán vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Tiger
5) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Valiente vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Four times for the new tecnico trio to be teamed up! It’s like they’re a real team. (Four real teams on this show!)