LLUSA (SUN) 04/14/2013 Citizen Banks Arena, Ontario, California [Carlos, So Cal Uncensored]
1) Mini Park & Vladimiro b Celestial & Pequeño Halloween May not be the Mexico Celestial; name was unclear.
2) Dr. Pepper Man b Psicosis II Dr. Pepper Man may have also been named El Nuevo Macho and might have been Rocky Romero.
3) Súper Nova b Super Crazy Crazy played to the crowd a lot.
4) La Máscara b Mr. Águila
5) Hurricane Helms DQ Lizmark Jr. Lizmark looked out of shape. Bad match.
6) Blue Demon Jr. & Solar I b Jon Rekon & RJ Brewer A mini Demon helped out the tecnicos, but was attacked by Rekon. Entertaining main event. Tecnicos put a Solar mask on Brewer, and Rekon accidentally pinned him.
Although the show sounds long and not exactly lucha, I’m kind of amused this might be the easy way to see some CMLL guys without going to Mexico (or LA.) Lucha Libre USA’s website has a venue list for the rest of the tour. They’re going from the Alamodome in San Antonio to the Odeum Expo Center in (or more 30 minutes outside of) Chicago for the next show. There’s a smaller theatre in the Alamodome facility where the show actually is happening. The Odeum has a seating capacity of 5,000 people, but I’ve seen GALLI shows there with a lot less people than that. The Odeum site does not list the LLUSA show on their upcoming schedule, yet. Same is true of the Dallas show, but all the April venues are advertising their show dates.
DTU (SAT) 04/13/2013 Autolvado VM, Tulancingo, Hidalgo [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), GL] ***Puerta a La Gloria (Saturday)***
1) Jhonky b Hellboy, Artikus, Atomik Star Extreme Boy was listed but did not participate.
2) Araña de Plata & Pequeno Cobra b Kaleth & Slayer Pack
3) Gemelo De Chilpancingo I & Gemelo De Chilpancingo II b Lucky Boy & Niño de Ébano
4) Hormiga b Príncipe Halcón
5) Paranoiko b Super Mega, Comando Negro, Jorge Kebrada, Eterno
6) Crazy Boy, Lanzeloth, Nino Hamburguesa b Ángel Del Futuro, Ángel del Misterio, Jinzo
7) Eita, Flamita, Tomahawk T.T. b CIMA, Hacker, Rocky Lobo
DTU (SUN) 04/14/2013Arena Aficion [Criterio Hidalgo, GL] ***Puerta a La Gloria (Sunday)***
1) Jhonky b Artikus, Hellboy, Yuta Yuta, a Dragon Gate trainee making his debut anywhere, replaced Extreme Boy. He was said to have a great debut.
2) Gemelo De Chilpancingo I & Gemelo De Chilpancingo II b Lanzeloth & Rocky Lobo
3) Araña de Plata & Pequeno Cobra b Kaleth & Nino Hamburguesa and Jorge Kebrada & Slayer Pack
4) Hacker b Príncipe Halcón, Jinzo, Angel del Misterio
5) Super Mega b Eita, Paranoiko, Black Fire, Hormiga Super Mega defeated Black Fire to win. Both want a shot at Pesadilla (listed but did not appear) and his championship.
6) Crazy Boy & Flamita b CIMA & Tomahawk T.T. and Lucky Boy & Niño de Ébano Flamita landed a triple tornillo on Tomahawk to give his team the win.
DTU Results! Tecnico/rudo status are guesses as usual. CIMA did a seminar before the second show (and maybe the first.) Flamita had a good weekend.
FMLL (SUN) 04/14/2013 Coliseum, El Paso, Texas [Albert Cerda]
2) Hijo de Impostor Jr., Impostor Jr., Maquina 45 Jr. b Acertijo, Galáctico, Tiger Man
3) Hijo de Rey Misterio II & Stuka Jr. b Cobarde Jr. & Magno Stuka replaced La Mascara (LLUSA)
4) El Hijo Del Santo & Rayo de Jalisco Jr. DQ Angel Blanco Jr. & Cien Caras Jr. Cien Caras fouled Rayo for DQ.
5) Atlantis & LA Park b Dr. Wagner Jr. & Último Guerrero Tecnicos won clean. The middle rope broke before the third fall of the finish.
CMLL (MON) 04/15/2013Arena Puebla [El Popular (cover)]
1) Black Tiger & Tigre Rojo Jr. b El Malayo & Siki Ozama Jr. Malayo’s Arena Puebla debut.
2) Metálico, Starman, Stigma DQ Hijo del Signo, Hooligan, Skándalo Metalico pulled rival Signo’s mask for the DQ.
3) Misterioso Jr., Morphosis, Vangelis b Diamante, Hijo del Fantasma, Sagrado
4) Atlantis, La Máscara, Máscara Dorada b Ephesto, Mephisto, Psicosis Tecnicos beat all the rudos in the third.
5) Ángel de Oro, La Sombra, Mistico DQ Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión Rematch from last week. Tecnicos took 2/3, the last when Dragon Rojo fouled Sombra. This sets up a singles rematch between them.
Main event is a left turn from the Rey Escorpion/Mistico match set up last week.
Today’s Arena Mexico show has a La Mascara, Mascara Dorada and Sombra vs Averno, Mephisto and Ephesto main event, the return of a great 2011 rivalry. CMLL has the annual Kid’s Day show two weeks from today, and maybe a main event for that show will come of this main event. The CMLL Gaceta preview notes Super Comando returns in the segunda, facing the man who broke his ribs, Super Halcon Jr.
Both the Perros del Mal Arena Lopez Mateos event and the Hector Garza benefit show at Arena Solidaridad are taking place this Sunday. Both are supposed to include a mystery Perro del Mal in the main event. Ricky Marvin is probably the one in Arena Lopez Mateos, but not so sure about the other one. Daga looks to be the only Perros del Mal man not booked on either show, but there’s no reason to hide Daga’s identity. Maybe AAA had a plan of introducing another new Perros del Mal member last night, since a taping is the only place to do it, or it could just be more general changing plans.
04/14 Stardom: Mil Mascaras [O], Yuzupon Mask, Iotica b Black Tiger [X], Passion 7, Mayucica
This was show 2 of a double header; Dark Angel won both her matches on the same day. She was masked as Sarita on the all-mask second show.
Atlantis crows about beating Ultimo Guerrero in the Gran Alternativa, says his mask will look great in his trophy case.
The Gladiatores has interviews with Danny Casas (re:Eterno) & Texano Jr. (re:Heavy Metal) from Sunday’s IWRG show.
Damian 666 is listed as working tonight in Arena Aficion, which would be his first non-TJ bookings since December.
DTU KBW (FRI) 04/19/2013Auditorio Americo Villarreal Guerra de Ciudad Madero
1) Jc Maclean, Keira, Princesa Metalica vs Black Fury, Guerrera Negra, Zuzu Divine
2) Artikus & Jorge Kebrada vs Hellboy & Jhonky
3) Lucky Boy & Niño de Ébano vs Lanzeloth & Rocky Lobo and Ninja De Oro & Partiarca
4) Angel del Misterio, Arsenal, Black Fire, Bunker vs King Metal, Nino Hamburguesa, Principe Halcon, Sadico (KBW)
5) Black Master & Dark Misterio vs Paranoiko & Pesadilla and Araña de Plata Jr. & Cíclope
6) Flamita vs Jinzo, Crazy Boy, Okuzono, Drastik Boy, ? [DTU AI] mystery wrestler is from KBW
7) Violento Jack vs Joe Lider, Disturbio (KBW), Aeroboy [KBW EXTREMO]
A busy month for DTU continues with an co-promoted show with local promotion KBW.
CMLL (SUN) 04/21/2013Arena Mexico
1) Magnus & Oro Jr. vs Camorra & Zayco
2) Diamante, Starman, Stigma vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Nitro, Skándalo
3) Fuego, Metálico, Tritón vs Puma, Shigeo Okumura, Virus
4) Valiente vs Pólvora [lightning]
5) Hijo del Fantasma, Rush, Shocker vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Ephesto, Mephisto
6) Atlantis, Blue Panther, Mistico vs Negro Casas, Niebla Roja, Volador Jr.
Still seems to be heading to a Volador/Mistico singles match.
Magnus relegated to the opener!
CMLL (MON) 04/22/2013Arena Puebla
1) Black Tiger & Dinámikoo vs Centauro de Fuego & Fuerza Chicana
2) Asturiano, Bengala, Leono vs Espiritu Maligno, Inquisidor, Taurus
3) Pegasso, Stigma, Super Halcón Jr. vs Hooligan, Nitro, Nosferatu
4) Hijo del Fantasma, Rey Cometa, Sagrado vs Misterioso Jr., Shigeo Okumura, Virus
5) Blue Panther, Diamante Azul, Rush vs Felino, Terrible, Volador Jr.
6) La Sombra vs Dragón Rojo Jr. non-title
La Sombra vs Dragon Rojo is making a case for being the 2013 version of La Mascara vs Volador.
The Guerreros del Ring episode on 52MX was a repeat (though the new episode did air on a Mexico only station VivaSports.) Last week’s Puebla and IWRG on LAS were repeats (but not of the missing match for IWRG.)
I taped the SLP show. Video quality is a bit harsh.
AAA TV (MON) 04/15/2013Domo de la Feria de Leon [@Lucha_Libre_AAA, Lucha Libre AAA]
1) Mini Abismo Negro, Mini Charly Manson, Mini Histeria b Dinastía, Máscarita Divina, Rey Celestial Mascarita Divina replaced Mascarita Sagrada, was beat by Mini Absimo.
2) Fabi Apache, Jennifer Blake, Lolita b Mary Apache, Sexy Lady, Taya Valkyrie Jennifer beat Sexy Lady
3) Aerostar, Argenis, Fénix b Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker Upset!
4) Alan Stone, El Elegido, Toscano b Argos, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Silver King Los Mirreyes won in their debut.
5) Cuervo, Escoria, Espíritu, Ozz b Daga, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Halloween, Psicosis No DQ match (or usual Perros match.) Escoria won with a 450 splash. After the match, Axel ran in to attack the tecnicos, but unmasked to reveal himself as Ricky Marvin, the newest member of the Perros del Mal
6) Blue Demon Jr. & El Mesías b LA Park & Texano Jr. Demon & Mesias fought during the match, but managed to win. Demon challenged LA Park to a title match, but Mesias attacked him again after the match.
Updated 10am Tuesday- note the finish in the fifth match has been fixed.
Air Date: 04/20 & 04/27
Lots of surprises on the Gran Sorpresa show (and not many I had in advance.)
The first big news of the show took place after the second mach. Blue Demon Jr. was brought to the ring, and it was announced he signed a contract to work for AAA on a regular basis. Demon introduced his guest, Axel (back to one x), who was also coming to AAA. Axel immediately challenged Daga to a title match, which Daga was not impressed by. They fought and were broken up with Joaquin Roldan helping. Joaquin and Demon announced the Leyenda Azul tournament, previously (and maybe still) ran in CMLL, would be coming to AAA as part of his signing and showed off a new belt for the championship.
Dorian Roldan and Konnan returned to AAA for the first time since they were fired in February to interrupt at this point, with Konnan announcing he was returning to in-ring competition. Konnan and Blue Demon had words and seemed to be setting up a match between them.
Later, in the La Secta vs Perros match, a man in an Axel mask ran in to attack the Perros. It wasn’t Axel, it was the returning Ricky Marvin, now the newest member of Perros del Mal.
Finally, in the main event, Mesias turned on Blue Demon Jr. and appears to be the rudo in the feud. Demon had already challenged LA Park to a Latin American title match, but Mesias appeared to challenge Demon for the new belt. (Texano Jr., the Mega champion, was pinned in the match and ignored in the post match.)
The Konnan return had been mentioned in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter earlier this year. He should be a major part of the AAA US Evolucion group, and this return should start things in that direction. Konnan and Dorian returning, with everything snapping right back to the status quo before they were fired in Pachuca, really makes that whole bit look very pointless. The story is they’re allowed back after Marisela Pena’s judgement, but part of her decision was the company would split in two, and the company has not appeared to split in any fashion as of yet. Maybe they will this weekend in Cordoba.
Ricky Marvin in Perros del Mal seems like it’ll be fun times. This was accidentally telegraphed by Marvin’s inclusion in the Fusion tournament, and Marvin’s been working shows with AAA guys when in Mexico. Marvin, Demon and Axel seem big enough names to get a LA Park/Dr. Wagner freedom deal – they’d control their schedule, not AAA (and AAA doesn’t get as much a cut – but no idea if actually that’s the deal. I have no idea where this leaves Super Crazy.
I’m not as enthused about Axel coming to AAA. He’s been more interesting as a trademark case than as an in-ring wrestler for many years, and didn’t stand out in any way during his short stints in CMLL. AAA seems to be employing Axel for the same primary reason CMLL did – to stick it to Hijo del Santo – but it’s going to end up in situations where he works a totally different style than guys like Daga. At the same time, I wasn’t really thrilled about Blue Demon Jr. showing up, and he was really good at Rey de Reyes. And he’s not this bad.
AAA has nine titles, already too much for one promotion and probably more than two smaller promotions need. At the same time (again!), a Leyenda de Azul tournament will probably end up being a good way to squeeze a lot of people onto TripleMania who wouldn’t otherwise get on if that’s the plan. It’d also be something to punch up an otherwise filler TV taping. It just doesn’t need to be something around every week.
Blue Demon Jr. seems to have more or less gotten Dr. Wagner Jr.’s spot in AAA. A nice gig if you can get it. Maybe I was right on the multiman match but for the wrong title – LA Park vs Demon vs Mesias, while Texano faces This Year’s Foreign Guest Star?
This post will be updated when AAA posts their recap.