Last night’s AAA Fusion show aired 3 matches (including Nemesis “dark match” opener) from the Arena Lopez Mateos taping. I think this means they might be 2 weeks of TV per taping, so there’s going to plenty of AAA tapings in the months to come. Tercera Caida was almost all WrestleMania, but they did get to talk to Antonio Cesaro about his favorite Mexican food, as well as find Sin Cara. Also, Rey Misterio Jr. gives his picks for the big summer matches (Aguayo/Cibernetico and Atlantis/Ultimo Guerrero.)
Tercera Caida also continued to hype the 04/20 FCK/Arena Galli show, which looks like it’ll be a fun time.
Usual drill: stuff that’s news, stuff that interests me, not the entire contents of the magazine. It turns out I really don’t have much to say this time.
I have a hard copy of SuperLuchas #502. I don’t have anything new to say about it, but just wanted to bring up that it’s post-Easter, post 2 week break, and there’s no sign yet of a new issue. (Also, as regards to the other related project, if I’m a obstacle or a reason it can’t occur, please understand I can be negotiated with.)
Box y Lucha #3122
– Relampago (ex-AAA) worked a spot show with CMLL luchadors, would really like a spot in CMLL.
– Ringo Mendoza, recovering from typhoid fever (!), says he’s not retiring – in fact, he feels like he’ll be good to wrestle in 6 months and wants to do so in Arena Mexico. Perhaps a mixed tag with Sexy Star? (Ringo’s last Arena Mexico match was in 2005.)
Box y Lucha #3123
– Panico, who’s at least the figurehead of the programming department, chatted with Javier Munoz S. about events after the most recent CMLL press conference. He explains the Atlantis vs Ultimo Guerrero match has no date because they were so caught off guard: CMLL to assumed it was an something said in the ring that they didn’t really want to put on paper like (explicitly mentioned) Mistico/Dr. Wagner, Mistico/Volador and Volador/Mr. Niebla. Hmmm. Anyway, now the problem is Atlantis has a trip to Japan while Ultimo Guerrero has trips to Japan, the US and South America, in addition to their wrestling around Mexico, so they will have to work on a date good for both of them. Panico mentions there’s plans to bring in more independent luchadors as part of the anniversary celebrations. Some may wrestle, some may just be honored if they’d prefer that. The interviewer asks about Fuerza Guerrera and Hijo del Santo perhaps being brought back, Panico says neither has contacted him but no doors are closed.
Luchas 2000 #660
– Metalico interview from when his feud was with Virus. That changed rapidly. Virus would probably be a better feuding partner, but I understand why they might give Hijo del Signo a chance. He’s not one of my favorites, but it’s worth giving guys chances to prove themselves or not.
– There’s a good career retrospective with Hombre Bala thru all three Luchas 2000s. The one here talks about his career as Chamaco Ortiz, the two below have his career as a caveman and as a monster.
Luchas 2000 #663
– a lot of post-Dos Leyendas talk. Rey Cometa suggests he and Stuka challenge for the Arena Coliseo Tag Team championships, which haven’t been brought up at all in the last few weeks. Maybe when they turn up again, it’ll be the tell of when Namajague is really leaving.
– Sobreano Jr. says his Sangre Nueva trophy is for his grandfather, and for the fans who supported him.
Luchas 2000 #664
– Meyer, the new Puebla wrestler, says he’s been training four years for his Arena Puebla debut. His teacher is Black Tiger, his father is El Brujo and his uncle is Espiritu Maligno. Meyer also credits Mr. Rafaga & Toro Bill Jr. for helping train him. He was wrestling as a rudo on indy shows, but was a tecnico here because that’s what they wanted to him. Meyer also thanks the people who run Arena Puebla for giving him the opportunity, which I presume means they control who work those few Puebla spots (same as with Arena Coliseo Guadalajara.)
CMLL Gaceta has a brief preview of Gran Alternativa Block A, taking place this weekend. Mascara Dorada is happy to teaming with yet another young Guadalajara wrestler, hoping to help Oro Jr. like he was helped early in his career. CMLL Gaceta is also having another drawing contest for Atlantis’ 30th anniversary.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Ultimo Guerrero says there’s still no date for his match with Atlantis, and the fans no longer support tecincos or rudos but just the best matches.
Rey Cometa is in a tag bull terrier match on 04/27.
Mistico visited with Make A Wish kids.
Mesias talks about the ugliest injury he’s seen.
A tourist talks about the four best things he saw at an Arena Mexico show. Mije makes the list!
Amazing hype for Konnan Big, 10 days away from his tag match against Dr. Wagner Jr.
Lucha Libre in Japan
04/11 NOSAWA Bom-Ba-Ye 7: Mil Mascaras b Nosawa via plancha in 9:21
They were pushing this as possibly Mil’s last singles match in Japan. He’s working the Stardom show this weekend.
PdM (SUN) 04/21/2013 Arena Lopez Mateos [MedioTiempo]
1) ? vs ??
2) Candy Whithe & Ludark Shaitan vs Keira & Lady Sensación
3) Tornado (DF) vs Belial, Ares, Terremoto, Dowki, Blazer [Copa Strong Style]
4) Cósmico & Talisman vs Impulso & Mr. Leo and Eita & Hanaoka
5) ?, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Halloween vs Joe Lider, Ozz, Toscano
A Perros del Mal show! With a weird main event. A(n undisclosed) portion of ticket money is going to Hector Garza.
CMLL (TUE) 04/16/2013 Arena Mexico
1) Bengala & Fresbee vs Guerrero Negro & Ramstein
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Pegasso, Super Halcón Jr. vs Artillero, Súper Comando, Taurus
3) Astral vs Pierrothito [lightning]
4) Diamante, Sagrado, Tritón vs Misterioso Jr., Shigeo Okumura, Vangelis
5) Ángel de Oro, Delta, Stuka Jr. vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
6) La Máscara, La Sombra, Máscara Dorada vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Main event is the return of the really great feud from 2011, and there’s some other good stuff here. Segunda will be a war.