CMLL (SUN) 04/07/2013 Arena Coliseo [CMLL, Terra]
***Arena Coliseo 70th Anniversary Show***
1) Metatrón & Soberano Jr. b Espanto Jr. & Guerrero Negro Jr.
Oro Jr. was announced at the initial press conference, but changed to Metatron on the week of the event. Tecnicos took 1/3 in a match that was good for this level.
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Metálico, Super Halcón Jr. b Hijo del Signo, Nosferatu, Taurus
Tecnicos took 2/3, the last when Signo pulled Metalico’s mask off for a DQ. They feuded heavily during the match.
3) Goya Kong b Marcela, Estrellita, Dalis la Caribeña, Silueta, Amapola, Princesa Sugheit, Princesa Blanca, Zeuxis, Tiffany [cibernetico, Trofeo Arena Coliseo 70 Aniversario]
No seeding battle royal. Eliminations went Silueta (Zeuxis Spanish Fly), Princesa Sugheit (Estrellita submission), Zeuxis (Devil’s Wings by Dalys), Dalys (Tiffany submission), Estrellita (by Amapola), Tiffany (Marcela double stomp), Marcela (Princesa Blanca powerbomb), Amapola (Goya Ros Driver) and Princesa Blanca (Goya). Goya got the win back over Princesa Blanca, who unmasked her last year. The tecnicas celebrated with Goya, and Guerrero del Futuro gave Goya a trophy.
4) Averno, Blue Panther, Shocker b Black Terry, Negro Navarro, Villano IV
Good match. Fans were happy to see the independent guys, and cheered big the first time Panther and Navarro got in together. They were hostile towards Shocker, who did not have a good match. Averno submitted Navarro to a kneebar in the first. Navarro submitted Averno and V4 submitted Panther in the second with a Noria. Averno submitted Black Terry and Blue Panther submitted Villano 4 in the third. Negro Navarro and Blue Panther teased more. Lots of money thrown in, with Panther & Navarro going in to the seats to collect more. All the guys hung around in the ring for a long time, to the point of Tony Salazar trying to get them to leave.
5) Atlantis, Diamante Azul, Rayo de Jalisco Jr. b Máscara Año 2000, Ray Mendoza Jr., Universo 2000
CMLL vs independents. Tecnicos took 2/3, beating all the rudos in the last. Mendoza, accompanied by one his sons, earlier declared this would actually be his last match, and was crying in the ring after the match. He also did a sad farewell interview.
6) Dragón Rojo Jr. b La Sombra [CMLL MIDDLE]
Standard quick falls to begin, Dragon landing the Dragon Bomb in the first and Sombra giving Dragon Rojo the Brillante Driver in the second (on the second try). Long third fall of near fall teases ending with Dragon Rojo using his arm submission for the win. Dragon Rojo’s seventh defense, third versus Sombra.
Really long show; they gave every match time and the show ran close to 3 hours 10 minutes as a result. Every match was good, no great, though the Negro Navarro match was the best. They did a really good job of making this feel like it was a special show. To that end, a fan who went to the first show 70 years ago was given an award for being back at this show.
Didn’t seem a sell out; the shots I saw of the top level seemed more filled than usual, but definitely not full. Los Colisenos said the floor seemed 60% full, the middle level 100% full and the top 20% full.
Negro Navarro vs Blue Panther was definitely teased for some sort of rematch. No idea if they’ll actually do it.
We’re just waiting on a date for Metalico/Hijo del Signo. They pushed the Arena Mexico Anniversary show later this month, which may be connected.
CMLL (SUN) 04/07/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) El Divino b Relampago Azul
2) Azteca de Oro & Black Metal b Acertijo & Demonio Rojo
straight falls. Rudos were DQed for fouling black Metal in the first fall. Azteca de Oro got away with a foul in the second.
3) El Hippie b Sádico
Acertio & Demonio Rojo ran in to help Sadico, but Hippie got the win anyway. Black Metal & Azteca de Oro cleared the rudos and set up a match between Azteca de Oro & Demonio Rojo.
4) Arkángel de la Muerte, Olímpico, Sangre Azteca, Virus b Gallo, Leo, León Blanco, Smaker
DF vs Guadalajara. Eliminations went Arkangel (Gallo), Gallo (Olimpico), Smaker (Sangre Azteca), Virus (Leon Blanco), Olimpico (DQ for fouling Leon Blanco), Leon Blanco (Sangre Azteca, taking advantage of the foul) and Leo (Sangre Azteca.)
5) Negro Casas b Máscara Dorada [NWA WELTER]
Negro Casas won the first with a casita, Mascara Dorada blocked in the third and put on his own, Negro Casas blocked Dorada’s try in the third to win. Negro Casas’ sixth defense.
Dr. Wagner Jr.’s latest story is his AAA contract ends the last day of August, so he’ll start in CMLL the first day of September and may be added to the Atlantis vs Ultimo Guerrero mask match if the fans demand it. Wagner explains AAA only focuses on their favorites and didn’t give him enough attention. Dr. Wagner just says ludicrous stuff, I look forward to see what he says in September.
Pierroth’s daughter says Pierroth had agreed to let CMLL debut a new Pierroth before his stroke. That’s years ago at this point. She doesn’t know the details of the deal (if they’ll be paid, or if they’ve already been paid) and he can’t say much.
FMLL is headed to El Paso for a show with Hijo del Santo and CMLL wrestlers.
DJ Spectro remembers Solitario, who’s death anniversary was Saturday.
Lucha Libre in Japan
04/17 NJPW: Tama Tonga & Terrible [O] b La Mascara & Valiente [X] [CMLL TAG]
– first defense. Match was said to be good. Valiente landed the Valiente Special, which hasn’t tried here since he stumbled on it at the Tokyo Dome. Mascara looked good too, so it was a good night despite the loss. No sense of a second challenger set up.
REINA announced two matches, both of which have been mentioned but to make them clearer:
06/29 in Tokyo: Dump Matsumoto vs Goya Kong
06/30 in Kanagawa: Marcela vs Ray – for the CMLL title if Marcela is still champion, but happening even if she’s not (and should be quite good.)_
REINA sent this to me in a press release. To me! Weird.
HECTOR (SUN) 04/21/2013 Arena Solidaridad [KrisZ]
***Hector Garza Benefit Show***
1) Extreme Boy, Silencio, Sky vs Ciber Payaso, Desafio, Mortifero
2) Hector Garza Jr., Humberto Garza, Ninja Jr., Ultimo Ninja vs Bestia Solovino I, Bestia Solovino II, Titanik
3) Big Neurosis, Hijo del Ninja, Simbolo 2000 vs Coco Viper, La Sombra, Pierko el Boricua
4) Bello Rubi, Orquídea Negra, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Bengali, Difunto I, Potro Jr.
5) Diluvio Negro I, Diluvio Negro II, Rey Hechicero, Silver Star vs Golden Boy, Mongol Chino, Rey Demonio, Vaquero Romo
6) Coco Amarillo, Coco Azul, Coco Rojo vs Antifaz del Norte, Dizzy, Pirata Morgan
7) Atlantis & Rey Bucanero vs Euforia & Último Guerrero
8) Cibernético, El Elegido, LA Park vs ?, Parka Negra, Psicosis I
wrestler in main event is a surprise member of Perros del Mal
Loaded show, breaking the restriction on CMLL and AAA luchadors being on the same show in Mexico. CMLL could always change their minds, but it’s hard to pull people from a benefit show. Latin Lover will also appear on the show.