CMLL (TUE) 03/19/2013Arena Mexico [CMLL, Yahoo! Deportes]
1) Camorra & Cholo b Freesbe & Génesis
2) Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pequeño Violencia b Aereo, Shockercito, Stukita Rudos took 2/3, Demus & Mercurio both using martillo negros in the third again.
3) Diamante, Sagrado, Tritón b Puma, Sangre Azteca, Vangelis Tecnicos took 1/3. Sagrado pinned Vangelis. Triton hurt his arm in the third, finished the match. Puma was wearing a Puma/Felino split mask.
4) Stuka Jr. b Pólvora [lightning] Stuka pinned the welterweight champion in 5:50.
5) Guerrero Maya Jr., Hijo del Fantasma, Shocker DQ Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Psicosis Tecnicos took 1/3, Aguila fouling Shocker in the third.
6) Marco Corleone, Máscara Dorada, Máximo b Ephesto, Euforia, Niebla Roja Atlantis replaced Mascara Dorada and Niebla Roja & Euforia replaced Averno & Mephisto off the initial lineup, but all changed were listed days before the show. Tecnicos took 1/3.
It looks like Stukita is limited to only one match a month, so he’ll have to wait until April to try for his first win again.
CMLL (TUE) 03/19/2013Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl, superlibre]
1) Demonio Rojo b El Divino
2) Gallo & Leo b Ráfaga & Sádico Tecnicos took 1/3.
3) Exterminador & Rey Trueno b El Ídolo & Metatrón Rudos took 1/3.
4) Javier Cruz Jr. & Sky Kid b Acertijo & In Memoriam Camaleon, Robin, Zavala & Disturbio were replaced by Acertijo and Javier Cruz. Sky kid beat In Mremoiam with a spanish fly.
5) Hijo del Signo, Hooligan, Skándalo b Hombre Bala Jr., Pegasso, Super Halcón Jr. Quick one fall match, with Skandalo beating Hombre Bala.
6) Ángel de Oro, Rey Cometa, Valiente b Morphosis, Namajague, Shigeo Okumura Quick one fall match, Cometa landing the 450 splash on Okumura.
7) Terrible, Último Guerrero, Universo 2000 DQ Diamante Azul, Rayo de Jalisco Jr., Super Porky Tecnicos took 1/3, Universo fouling Rayo.
The radio broadcast of this show explained the bus bringing the Mexico City guys to the show had some problem causing it to arrive extremely late. The people here must’ve gotten wind of the delay, because the first two matches were unscheduled added matches to length the show, and there was a long intermission during the show to stall. Once they got there, the undercard DF guys all had very short matches (after what must’ve been very long days), and the main event crew had about a usual match. It sounds like they did the best they could under the circumstances, though maybe this would’ve been a good night to have a more satisfying result to the main event.
Marisela Pena announced the only place both brands will be presented together is on AAA Sin Limite (the Televisa show.) That certainly implies AAA Fusion will be a exclusive to that brand going forward, though it’s unclear where AAA Evolucion would turn up otherwise until they get TV in the US (and if they’d be seen at all in Mexico when they do.) Most people who watch AAA watch AAA Sin Limite on Televisa, so they won’t see a change.
Porra Fresa has the rudos winning the Puebla opener and Cancerberos/Tuareg challenging each other to next week’s title match. CMLL runs way too many tournaments, and it’s cheesey to run another mixed team tournament just after finishing the last one especially when the final looks to be the same, but Arena Puebla doesn’t really get single elimination tournaments like this often. Our records are mostly complete going back to 2005, and there’s not one in there.
DJ Spectro is selling a huge digital collection of magazines. I would be interesting in this, but I’m not more interested in how people scan these magazines in – I have a lot, I’d like to have them in digital form, and then maybe I could give them the digital away or the physical away, but the (very cheap) scanner I have doesn’t do them that well and it would take roughly forever.
I read this headline initially as “LA Park says he’s going to retire in 4 years”, but I think I’ve misunderstood the grammar and he’s actually saying he’s been thinking about retiring for four years. It’s one of a couple Haciendo La Lucha videos from the Villano V show; there’s another with Black Terry talking about El Toreo being the golden era of lucha libre. I don’t know if that’s true – this is not doubt, this is lack of knowledge – but someone really ought to do film or a research book or an oral history about that era soon, while the people who were there can still tell their stories. AAA & CMLL are going to focus on their own histories, and it deserves something grander than columns in magazines.
Sunday’s Arena Coliseo Monterrey lineup includes a FILL Unico championship match where the Arena el Jaguar belt is shown, and the much more concerning presence of a Monterrey Metatron. We already have one Metatron, which arguable one Metatron too many.
Besides the Nosawa show, Mil Mascaras is also working for Stardom on 04/14. That’s the same women’s group Dark Angel is currently working for, though they’ll have men working the show as guests and everyone will be working under a mask. Dark Angel is working mostly trios for the group right now.
DTU (TUE) 03/26/2013 Arena Aficion 1) Black Fury & Hell Boy vs Jhonky & Keira and Chica Ye-Ye & Xtreme Boy and Artikus & Paloma Rouse 2) Lanzeloth vs Angel del Misterio, Black Fire, Rocky Lobo [Torneo Liguilla Premier, 1st stage] 3) Kaleth & Paranoiko vs Cíclope & Pequeno Cobra 4) X-Fly vs Nino Hamburguesa, Crazy King 5) Aeroboy & Violento Jack vs Lucky Boy & Niño de Ébano [ladders] 6) Pesadilla vs Hacker, Drastik Boy, Slayer Pack, Septimo Dragon, Principe Escorpion [NWG AZTECA] Hacker is champion 7) AR Fox & Tribal vs Crazy Boy & Willie Mack and Flamita & Juventud Guerrera
DTU (SAT) 03/30/2013 Altolavado VM, Tulancingo, Hidalgo 1) ? vs ?? Women trainees match 2) Lanzeloth vs Angel del Misterio, Black Fire, Rocky Lobo [Torneo Liguilla Premier, 2nd stage] 3) Araña de Plata, Cíclope, Pequeno Cobra vs Hard Man, Hell Boy, Jhonky 4) Lucky Boy & Niño de Ébano vs ? & Demente Extreme 5) X-Fly vs Paranoiko, Crazy King, Nino Hamburguesa 6) Principe Escorpion vs Hacker, Principe Halcon, Hormiga 7) Septimo Dragon vs Drastik Boy, Tribal [Salamanca CHAMP] 8) Crazy Boy & Juventud Guerrera vs AR Fox & Slayer Pack and Flamita & Willie Mack
DTU (THU) 03/28/2013Auditorio General José María Arteaga, Queretaro 1) Jhonky vs Xtreme Boy, Gremlin, Hellboy 2) Sherry Diva vs Keira, Fury, Paloma Rouse 3) Lanzeloth vs Angel del Misterio, Black Fire, Rocky Lobo [Torneo Liguilla Premier, 3rd stage] 4) Crazy King & Principe Escorpion vs Chica Ye-Ye & Rey Latino and Kaleth & Slayer Pack 5) Paranoiko vs Drabek II, Ursus (Queretaro), Cíclope, Alex Guajardo, La Rebelde 6) Lucky Boy & Money Pack vs Aeroboy & Niño de Ébano and Nino Hamburguesa & Violento Jack and Pequeno Cobra & Pesadilla [Relevos Increíbles] 7) AR Fox vs Hacker, Flamita, Drastik Boy [CZW TV] AR Fox is champion. 8) Crazy Boy vs Willie Mack, Juventud Guerrera, Tribal, Septimo Dragon
3 of DTU’s run of 4 shows. They haven’t posted the DF lineup yet. I am totally unsure about how that tournament works except there are points involved.