NICE (TUE) 03/05/2013 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [LuchaMania Monterrey, RFC]
1) Aguila Azteca, La Nazi (Monterrey), Viernes 13 b Eclipso, Enviado, Principe Galileo
2) Galactar, Gemelo Muerte I, Gemelo Muerte II DQ Legendario I, Legendario II, Legendario III
Legendarios, who had been threatening all the factions of Arena Coliseo Monterrey the last couple weeks, lost their debut by foul.
3) Dralion & Rey Orion b Silencio, Gato Fantasma, Chico De Barrio, Androide Negro, Dark Genix, Black Crazy, Misionero [Copa Crucero, quarterfinal]
Androide Negro, Dark Genix and Black Crazy replaced Obsesion, Black Spirit, Kaientai, Xtreme Boy.Worked as a 9 way and not a cibernetico, then ended with Dralion and Rey Orion both left and moving on to the next round with Silencio.
4) Androide, Hijo Del Mongol Chino, Mongol Chino, Potro Jr. DQ Bengali, Difunto I, Monje Negro Jr., Potro I
Potro Jr.’s team was about to win before Hombre de Negro ran in and hit Potro Jr. with a cooler lid for the DQ.
LuchaMania Monterrey is high on the show – and Tuesday shows here of late – but that Cruseriweght tournament is completely impossible for anyone to follow or care about. This match might have been good but no one seems to have explained what is supposed to be happening in it.
IWRG (THU) 03/07/2013 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), IWRG]
1) Fulgore b Galaxy
2) Alan Extreme & Imposible b Ángel Del Amor & Mr. Leo
Angel del Amor’s win streak comes to an end.
3) Black Terry, Eita, Tomahawk b Chico Che, Freelance, Saruman
Silver King and his students ran in and attacked everyone after the match. The IWRG locker room ran out to make the save, and the two sides set up a school vs school cibernetico. Violencia Jr. seems to have defected to the Silver King school, as he was with them here. There also appeared to be two different kids wearing Silver King masks.
4) Centvrión, Dinamic Black, Golden Magic DCOR Argenis, Drago, Fenix (AAA)
No one could make it back in after the dives. Money thrown in after the mathc.
5) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown b Cien Caras Jr., Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, X-Fly
Clowns took 2/3.
They’ve done IWRG/FILL vs Silver King before, but Silver King just loves makes surprise Arena Naucalpan returns. Thursday shows are airing on TVC Deportes on 10 day delays; if you’re looking for that semimian, you’ve got to wait until next weekend.
Tonight’s Arena Mexico has the second half of the incredible pairs tournaments. There’s only really two teams who appear to have chances to win: Rush & Terrible (who got to the final last year before imploding) and Atlantis & Ultimo Guerrero (Atlantis has won this tournament every year.) I figure Atlantis & UG win as they move closer to the mask match, though Rush & Terrible vs Sombra & Volador would be an incredible match. Namajague, Okumura, Stuka, and Rey Cometa face off one last time before next Friday’s double apuesta match in the segunda, and Sombra, Mascara Dorada and Mistico face off against Averno, Mephisto and Negro Casas in what could be a spectacular main event.
CMLL celebrates the International Women’s Day by including them as edecanes, but not wrestlers. Alas. There is a fair bit of women in lucha articles today, some of which just happen to be out today.
Estrellita says she always wants difficult challenges, because people’s doubt in her abilities motivates her. She’s stressed about her match with Amapola, but winning is difficult, not impossible. Estrellita does not see herself losing. Estrellita believes that if she and Amapola have a good fight, it’ll shut up fans who don’t give the women a chance.
Esmas’ Mujer section has an interview with Rossy Moreno, who talks about her start in wrestling, her career and what she’s doing now. She wanted to be a boxer, but her father was only concerned with making the Moreno kids into tough wrestlers, and she says she worked five to six hours in the ring each day. Today, she’s still wrestling, promoting for Arena Azteca Budokan, running a taco shop adjacent to the arena, and handling visas for luchadors who want to work in the United States (!). Her goal is to be able to enroll her grandchildren in English classes.
Terra.com has a video interview with Amapola and Estrellita about being luchadoras.
Lourdes Grobet‘s lucha photography work was shown off at a new exhibit in Monterrey.
In non-women news, Chilangamask, NGX, FCK and Tercera Caida have announced a show in (or around) Chicago on 04/20. I live near that place! No location is announced, but Extreme Tiger, Kaientai from NGX, Latin Dragon & Facede from CZW, Zema Ion from TNA, and Negrotisco and Noriega from Chicago indies (and Puerto Rico) are billed as appearing. It looks to me like Fenix is on the poster there, but he’s not mentioned – maybe I’m confusing him with someone else?
AAA has posted the entire 2 hour version of last night’s UTDN show on YouTube.
Niurka Marcos, a reality TV celebrity turned very short lived luchador who was usual with Intocable, told the press she loaned Intocable 200,000 Mexican pesos ($15,700 US) to start a business and he has not paid her back. Yea, not surprised that hasn’t worked out. She’s saying she might sue if she doesn’t get the money back soon.
- Rey Cometa is teaching lucha libre classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays in Arena Queretaro.
- Shocker interview about El Luchador. The article calls the show a documentary. It is not a documentary.
- The same site says RJ Brewer will face Solar at the Lucha Libre USA show in Ontario, California.
- Violento Jack is raising money for a church.
- Bad times for Mr. Iguana.
- El Rompe Huesos looks back at Lizmark.
- Violento Jack is running a charity show for a church.
- El Hijo del Santo writes about the greatness of world championships fought for by people from multiple countries.
- Phil @ Segunda Caida watches Blue Panther/Negro Casas trios and more Chico Che.