CMLL (FRI) 03/01/2013Arena Mexico [CMLL]
1) Hombre Bala Jr. & Super Halcón Jr. b Bobby Zavala & Disturbio
2) Dalis la Caribeña, Estrellita, Silueta DCOR Amapola, Tiffany, Zeuxis Tecnicas took the first, rudas took the first (Zeuxis gave Dalys a Spanish Fly), and both teams were counted out brawling in the third.
3) Averno & La Máscara b Felino & Hijo del Fantasma [natl pi, eightfinal] battle royal determined seeding.
4) La Sombra & Volador Jr. b Guerrero Maya Jr. & Negro Casas [natl pi, eightfinal] possibly the shortest match in the history of the tournament.
5) Mr. Niebla & Shocker b Kráneo & Marco Corleone [natl pi, eightfinal] Marco flattened Kraneo (originally announced as Olimpico) with the Aereo Italiano by mistake, causing the loss.
6) Máscara Dorada & Mephisto b Máximo & Mr. Águila [natl pi, eightfinal] Dorada & Mephisto, who were a team then split off to Averno & Mascara, then put back together, wore split masks for these matches.
7) La Sombra & Volador Jr. b Averno & La Máscara [natl pi, quarterfinal]
8) Mr. Niebla & Shocker b Máscara Dorada & Mephisto [natl pi, quarterfinal]
9) La Sombra & Volador Jr. b Mr. Niebla & Shocker [natl pi, semifinal] Shocker betrayed Mr. Niebla, leading to their loss.
10) Atlantis, Mistico, Rush b Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero Mistico brought back his springboard shooting star press to the floor. Atlantis pulled UG’s mask for the win. Both talked about doing mask vs mask match.
Double countout finish in the woman’s seemed to be a tease, or at least an announce prompt, of the possibility of both Amapola and Estrellita losing their hair. Blue Panther & Negro Casas did that one year ago on a double pin finish.
Televisa/Galavision will air the tournament in full, while Fox Sports has the main event and the woman’s match. It’ll be the same way next week too, so there’s no telling (and possibly no decision on) which apuesta match will air when until they happen.
Tickets for Homenaje a Dos Leyendas, including Ticketmaster fees, run from 821 MP ($64 USD) down to 195 MP ($15.71). The most expensive ticket is about the same as Rey de Reyes once you take out the fees, but the least expensive tickets are about twice as much. Ticketmaster doesn’t have prices for the cheapest possible locations in Arena Mexico, but it’s not clear if those areas are open for sale.
IWRG (THU) 03/07/2013Arena Naucalpan
1) Galaxy vs Fulgore
2) Ángel Del Amor & Mr. Leo vs Alan Extreme & Imposible
3) Chico Che, Freelance, Saruman vs Black Terry, Eita, Tomahawk
4) Centvrión, Dinamic Black, Golden Magic vs Argenis, Drago, Fenix (AAA)
5) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Cien Caras Jr., Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, X-Fly
Semimain could be a lot of fun. Fenix and Drago appear to be a tag team, or at least have been booked out like one a lot of late. Tercera looks good too.
CMLL (FRI) 03/08/2013Arena Mexico
1) Astral & Fantasy vs Demus 3:16 & Pierrothito
2) Fuego, Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr. vs Namajague, Shigeo Okumura, Virus
3) Atlantis & Último Guerrero vs Rush & Terrible and Diamante Azul & Euforia and Ángel de Oro & Ephesto and Pólvora & Valiente and Dragón Rojo Jr. & Niebla Roja and Blue Panther & Rey Escorpión and Delta & Tiger [natl pi, semifinal]
4) La Sombra, Máscara Dorada, Mistico vs Averno, Mephisto, Negro Casas
Atlantis & Ultimo Guerrero teaming! Nothing is for certain until CMLL gets to September, and it’s not even a 50/50 bet this far out, but it’s the default choice now. The Terrible & Rush seem like the other logical finalist.
One last match between the feuding teams, with Fuego and Virus added on, before next week’s bigger match.
AAA FUSION (FRI) 03/01/2013Arena Neza [AAA, Black Terry Jr. (flickr), MT (FUSION), MT (rest)]
1) Flamita & Jinzo b Lucky Boy & Niño de Ébano Atomic Boy was attacked by Gran Apache before the match, so Jinzo (last seen in QPPLC) took his place.
2) Mari Apache b Lolita [Reina De Reinas, quarterfinal]
3) LuFisto b Cinthia Moreno [Reina De Reinas, quarterfinal] LuFisto won in her debut here.
4) Fabi Apache b Sexy Lady [Reina De Reinas, quarterfinal]
5) Taya Valkyrie b Jennifer Blake [Reina De Reinas, quarterfinal] Sexy Lady, LuFisto (who is apparently a ruda) and Mary Apache all helped out Taya to win. The tecnicas made the save after the match.
6) Juventud Guerrera b Pentagón Jr. and Aerostar and Último Gladiador [AAA FUSION, quarterfinal] Elimination went Gladiador (by Juvi), Aerostar (by Pentagon), and Pentagon (by Juvi). Both Aerostar (maybe on a dive before the finish, maybe on Pentagon’s package piledriver) and Pentagon (wheelbarrow Juvi Driver?) were hurt and taken to the hospital.
7) Crazy Boy b Súper Fly, Angelico, Halloween [AAA FUSION, quarterfinal] Crazy Boy, making his return to the ring and accompanied by Nino Hamburguesa, was the mystery person. Super Fly replaced Ricky Marvin, oddly announced for this show despite being booked in Germany at the same time and never mentioned on the show. Halloween attacked Nino before the match and Nino sought revenge during the match. Halloween beat Super Fly, Crazy Boy beat Halloween, and Crazy Boy beat Angelico for the win.
8) Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker b Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown Uro Rocker appeared to distract the Clowns again. Rockers made the expected challenge for the trios titles after the win.
Air Date: 03/07 & 03/14
AAA (via Dorian) announced the first two matches for Rey de Reyes after the results
LuFisto vs Fabi Apache vs Mari Apache vs Taya Valkyrie for the Reina de Reinas title
Fenix vs Daga vs Juventued Guerrera vs Crazy Boy for the AAA Fusion Title
A Rockers/Clowns title match couldn’t actually be announced yet – Consejo get their title rematch on Sunday – but that seems likes a good bet after the main event finish. Something with Gran Apache and Atomic Boy also seems likely. I’d expect more of that card to be announced during the taping Sunday and revealed in full on Monday.
This show itself again doesn’t look to have drawn especially well. I was skeptical of the idea that fans were identifying Fusion as a B-show and staying away for that reason, but there’s something here that’s not working out and it’s as good an idea as any.
There’s enough material here for 3 hours of shows, as mentioned prior, but I’m under the impression the next Fusion taping is really soon. Like, next weekend soon. We should hear a lineup soon if that’s the case.