LMV (SAT) 02/02/2013 Arena Lopez Mateos [Jesus Marin @ R de Rudo]
1) Kato Kung Lee & Perseus b Abogado Del Diablo & Diva Salvaje
2) La Chispita & Sahori b La Hiedra & Miss Janeth
3) Fishman Jr. & Fishman Jr. b Sangre Chicana & Sangre Chicana Jr.
4) Casandro, El Pulpo, Fresero Jr., Súper Muñeco DQ El Hijo del Diablo, El Hijo del Medico Asesino, Pirata Morgan, Shu el Guerrero
Gran Apache, Ice Killer, and two others not named ran in for the DQ.
5) Villano III & Villano IV b Brazo de Platino & Super Brazo [hair]
Villano III’s hair and Villano IV’s mask were also on the line.
6) Angel Blanco Jr. & El Hijo del Solitario b Carlito & Shawn Daivari
Solitario snuck in a foul on Carlito. Carlito challenged Blanco to a title match.
Seemed about half full.
IWRG (SUN) 02/03/2013 Arena Naucalpan
1) Araña de Plata & Yack b Galaxie & Sky Ángel
2) Mini Cobra, Mini Multifacetico, Voladorcito b Oficialito 911, Oficialito AK47, Oficialito Fierro
3) Dave The Clown, Niko, Rothen Clown b Astro Rey Jr., Dinamic Black, Golden Magic
Niko’s team is now listed as the Clown Corporation. Astro Rey replaced Centvirion (dark match at AAA taping)
4) Black Terry, Negro Navarro, Veneno b Canis Lupus, Fuerza Guerrera, Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr.
Match came down to Veneno vs Hijo de Wagner. Wagner tossed his mask to Veneno, but Veneno smartly just didn’t catch the mask. Wagner dropped down to cover his face, and Veneno pinned him for the win.
5) Alan Extreme, Carta Brava Jr., Dragón Celestial, Eterno, Imposible, Saruman, Serpiente de Oro, Violencia Jr. b Boicot, Flehizer, Jhon Crazy, Kiuuby, Mr. Leo, Rey Espacial, Rey Tabú, Vuelo Espacial [cage, hair, mask]
FILL vs Konkreto. Black Terry and Fuerza Guerrera were with their teams, but not in the match. Everyone was required to stay for 10 minutes before escaping. Match came down to Carta Brava Jr. & Jhon Crazy, but Eterno decided to return to help his fellow FILL rudo. Carta repaid him by taking off as soon as he had a chance. Both Eterno & Crazy bleed (thanks to some botched help from Carta), Jhon missed a corner charge, Eterno beat him with a Devil’s Wings for the win.
This is probably the end of the FILL/Konkreto feud. These are good for getting the outside young guys some attention, but it’d be better if there was more promotion of where you could see that next. Mr. Leo appears on MXW scale DF indy shows and might now be around IWRG some more, but if you’re a fan of a Kiuuby based on his work here, there’s no obvious way to find out any more about him. Websites don’t solve everything, but a promo for a webpage or a Facebook account with more info would do some good.
AAA Kadena (SUN) 02/03/2013 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [LuchaMania Monterrey]
1) Ángel Espacial, Gitano Jr., Norteño Jr. b Destructor, Mercenario, Solovino
2) Norteño & Titanik b Atomo & Chico Latino
3) Galactar b Slayer Boy, Mortifero, Ciber Payaso [OLX]
Galactor retained the title with a Destroyer on Slayer. First defense?
4) Casandro, Difunto I, Koko Viper b Gato Fantasma, Orquídea Negra, Pimpinela Escarlata
Casandro and Pimpi were moved down to this match. Casandro looked good, and made peace with Pimpi after the match.
5) Diluvio Negro I & Silver Star b Trauma I & Trauma II
Diluvio replaced Tigre Universitario. Technical match with money thrown in after. Silver Star is said to have used many holds he doesn’t normally use.
6) Electroshock & Juventud Guerrera b Carlito & Shawn Daivari
Team Mexico took 2/3, Juvi beating Daivari with a Go To Sleep variation. Electroshock and Carlito made challenges after the match.
Same promotion as last week, and that show made air, so I would expect this one will as well.
Never got results from the Friday show, but Carlito making challenges on both Saturday and Sunday suggests there’s a return planned already.
CMLL (MON) 02/04/2013 Arena Puebla [Porra Fresa]
1) Espiritu Maligno & Fuerza Chicana b Asturiano & Black Tiger
Rudos took 2/3. Black Tiger was stretchered out after landing on his head taking Fuerza’s finish. Said to be good though brutal match.
2) Mercurio, Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Warrior b Astral, Shockercito, Último Dragoncito
Rudos took 2/3, Olimpido beating Dragoncito.
3) Magnus, Starman, Stigma b Apocalipsis, Nitro, Taurus
Tecnicos took 1/3, Starman beating Nitro.
4) Diamante Azul, Super Porky, Titán b Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Debut of Los Revolucionarios here in a loss. Tecnicos took 2/3, Porky senton on Escorpion for the win.
5) Marco Corleone, Rush, Thunder DQ Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero
Ultimo Guerrero attacked Rush before the match, angering Rush. Thunder took the first fall loss off a Niebla plancha, then he and Marco rallied back for pins in the second. UG fouled Rush in the third. Rush demanded a singles match. Thunder appeared to suffer a leg injury.
6) Negro Casas b Valiente [NWA WELTER]
Negro Casas came in as champion. Nitro & Stigma were seconds, with Negro messing with Stigma before the match. First fall was mostly on the mat and Valiente took it with armbar. Negro surprised Valiente with a casita in the second. Valiente went for a moonsault in the third, Negro got his feet up, then put on the casita for the win. Fifth defense.
Porra Fresa has video of Rush’s challenge. Thunder seems to be moving around okay in the clip.
LLQ (TUE) 02/05/2013 Arena Queretaro [Haciendo La Lucha]
2) Brujo Maya & Thor b Morfeo & Super Gallo
3) Crazzy Latino & Fire Fighter b Neurosis & Rey Toro I
Rudos took 1/3. Rey Toro turned on Neurosis in the third fall and everyone beat up Toro after the match. Toro, Latino and Fire Fighter turn out to be all related. Star Tron and Super Gallo, who are related to Neurosis, made the save to set up a family vs family feud.
4) Fuego Latino, Principe Otomi, Ursus b Maligno I, Perro Del Ring, Zarpa De Tigre Jr.
Rudos took 2/3, Zarpa beating Otomi after Otomi made an error.
5) Negro Navarro, Trauma I, Trauma II DQ Drabek I, Drabek II, Principe
Traumas submitted QRO guys in the first, Principe unmasked and tossed it to Trauma I to draw the second fall DQ, QRO guys tried faking a foul in the third but were caught for the DQ.
That’s not the finish I would’ve expected out of this feud.
CMLL (TUE) 02/05/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Infierno & Ráfaga b Halcón de Plata & Metatrón
Rudos took 1/3, Rafaga pinning Halcon for the deciding pin.
2) Arkángel de la Muerte, Hooligan, Skándalo b Bengala, Camaleón, Magnus
Rudos took 2/3, Hooligan defeating Magnus.
3) Black Warrior, Sangre Azteca, Vangelis b Diamante, Sagrado, Stuka Jr.
Rudos took 2/3. Vangelis beat Stuka with the Northern Lights Suplex.
4) Dragón Rojo Jr. b Titán [CMLL MIDDLE]
Dragon Rojo is champion. Titan is Mexican welterweight champion, but that title is not on the line. Dragon Rojo took the first with a leglock, Titan took the second with a second fall inverted ‘rana, and Dragon Rojo retained the title in the third (hold not mentioned.) Sixth defense.
5) Atlantis, Rush, Thunder b Kráneo, Olímpico, Psicosis
Tecnicos took 1/3. Again, Thunder was pinned in the fall the tecnicos lost, but this time he beat Psicosis in the third to get the win for his team.
The last person to defend the CMLL middleweight title a seventh time? Emilio Charles Jr.
It’s been noted frequently how Mistico rarely was beat during his meteoric rise. He almost never took pinfalls at the end of matches, but he also didn’t take many first/second fall pinfalls either. That does not seem to be the plan for Thunder. Or whatever we’re calling him. CMLL Gaceta mentioned Thunder’s appearance in Guadalajara, but called him Thunderberg. You can make a typo in post – I do that so much – but making a typo in a graphic is a bit harder. If it’s a permanent change, we’ll find out this weekend when CMLL just starts calling him by the new name and pretends the old one didn’t exist (again.)
When asked about this show airing on TV, the Arena Coliseo Guadalajara twitter account replied that it’s depends on the TV station. It probably will, because last week’s did, but it does seem to point to the occasional reruns being more a TV station issue than the an arena/promotion one.
Black Warrior teamed with Sangre Azteca here. Black Warrior teamed with Misterioso on last Tuesday. None of those three men have anything going on. Just put the trio back together (and then have a million matches against Delta, Guerrero Maya and a partner of the week.)
CMLL (TUE) 02/05/2013 Arena Mexico [CMLL]
1) Guerrero Negro Jr. & Herodes Jr. b Höruz & Robin
Horuz replaced Oro Jr. Rookies rudo pulled the upset.
2) Leono, Metálico, Pegasso b Bobby Zavala, Cholo, Disturbio
Tecnicos took 2/3. Leono beat Zavala, pulling him in a ‘rana when Bobby had tried to foul the tecnico.
3) Dalis la Caribeña, Estrellita, Marcela DQ Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit
Tecnicas took 1/3. Amapola jumped the tecnicas and would not stop beating Estrellita. She earned an excessive violence DQ, but seemed okay with that result.
4) Euforia b Delta [lightning]
Euforia beat Delta with the Nirvanalock.
5) Blue Panther, La Máscara, Super Porky b Averno, Ephesto, Negro Casas
Tecnicos took 1/3. Mascara submitted Averno.
6) La Sombra DQ Mr. Niebla
Like with the Atlantis match, Niebla snuck in and attacked Sombra from behind. He took the first with a senton, and Sombra won the second with a double moonsault. In the third, Niebla hit Tirantes by mistake, then fouled Sombra and went for the pin. Tirantes called the DQ this time
The big cage match in Monterrey’s Arena el Jaguar ended up with Rico Rodriguez losing his American Latin Association North American Wrestling Championship belt to Principe Guerrero II. The poster said Rico was putting his hair on the line, and the recap does not explain why it was a belt instead. Video of the match is good just to see what the cage looks like. Ultimo Guerrero, Oro Jr., Genesis and Guerrero Negro Jr. are headed to Arena el Jaguar this weekend.
Kaiser Sports talked to El Hijo de Santo at his press event on Tuesday. Santo’s putting the blame on Blue Demon Jr. and the Neza promoters for not having their promoted mask match; Santo says he only agreed to a singles match with Demon and they tried to change it to something else. Santo would like to see multiple wrestlers coming together in Mexico like they did in the United States. Santo says Fuerza Guerrera, Los Villanos, Solitario, Negro Navarro, and ‘young people’ in Todo x el Todos and would be open to facing Angel Blanco again. Santo’s going to be really surprised when someone tells him Villano V is retiring.
CMLL’s Puebla show will air on TVC Deportes after all, today at 4pm. (Or about an hour after this goes up.)
All of the FantasitcaMania matches are up (or will be back up soon) here. I’m going to be the last person to get to those, don’t expect comments on the matches soon.
Bill has highlights of 10/09/11 IWRG.
- Marco Corleone is doing a chat with TelevisaDeportes.com tomorrow afternoon. Every question should be about that beard.
- Super Crazy will be honored in Hidalgo this weekend. Also, a promo for his appearance in NGX.
- An Electroshock promo to hype his Super X match with Halloween.
- An article on visiting a lucha libre show in Tijuana.
- Cirujano wants Hijo de Fishman’s mask.
- Mil Mascaras is headed to Japan in April.
- Amused by this Arena Naucalpan lineup poster from 1979. There’s one man on the card who is still wrestling in the same arena 34 years later, and I bet you can guess who it is without even clicking.