CMLL (SAT) 01/26/2013 Arena Lopez Mateos [Black Terry Jr. (flickr)]
1) Lince X & Sol De Oriente b Euro & Olimpus
2) Big Boy, Karma (Panama), Soy Raymunda b Corsario Negro Jr., Drako, José el Caporal
3) Sádico, Trauma I, Trauma II DCOR Chucho el Roto, Flamita, Iron Love
4) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Titán b Euforia, Pólvora, Puma King
Delta was hurt in the third and left the match. Polvora powerbombed Guerrero Maya Jr. for the win.
5) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush DQ Dragón Rojo Jr., Mephisto, Mr. Niebla
Tecnicos took 2/3, Niebla fouling Maximo for the DQ.
Show visually drew a lot less than the AAA show here last Saturday.
indy (SAT) 01/26/2013 Unidad Deportiva Salvador Campa, Veracruz, Veracruz [Estrellas del Ring]
1) Dark Goth, Infierno, Justicia Americana, Matrix b Arkángel Sagrado, Kampa Extrem, Kid Warrior, Silver Boy
2) Flayer Boy b Kaibil, Vengador Radioactivo, Bucanero Infernal,Casanova, Flyer (Veracruz), Peligro (Xalapa) [torneo Arena Veracruz]
Flayer Boy of Xalapa beat Flyer of Veracruz in the final.
3) Dr. Siniestro, El Cirujano, Químico b Capitán De Los Mares, Capitán De Los Mares Jr., Dr. Taner
4) Espectrito Jr., Halcón Guerrero, Mini Histeria b Dinastía, Odín, Premier
5) Ricky Marvin & Super Crazy b Fenix (AAA) & Pesadilla [GHC JH TAG]
Ricky Marvin & Super Crazy came in as champions. Challengers isolated Marvin early, but he was able to make a tag to Super Crazy and became chaotic from there. Fenix did a dive off the light structure. Marvin beat Pesadilla to keep the titles. Fourth defense.
No idea what they were expecting as far as attendance for this show, but it drew about as well as I would’ve guessed. They may have had some helpful sponsor money judging by the ads. I’d suspect this isn’t the last title defense in Mexico before they go back to Japan.
BSW (FRI) 01/25/2013 Auditorio de Tijuana [The Gladiatores]
1) Silencio Negro b Black Zaygon
Negro used a foul to win.
2) Dementor & Pitbull b Eternus & Tapatio Jr.
3) Angel Garces, Star Boy, Urzus b Angel Negro, El Profeta, King Azteca
Angel Garces challenged King Azteca to a hair match. Azteca said he was no stepping stone and refused.
4) Mortiz DRAW Arandú
Not really a TLC mach, but a hardcore three falls one. They split the two first falls, then couldn’t return after a Mortiz Spanish Fly out of the ring thru plywood. Mask vs hair challenge followed.
5) El Hijo Del Santo & Rayo de Jalisco Jr. b Cien Caras Jr. & Dr. Wagner Jr.
Santo/Rayo took 1/3, with Cien and Wagner accidentally hitting each other in the third leading to the tecnico win. Cien attacked Wagner after the match, with Santo & Rayo making the save and agreeing to get along.
KrisZ heard a report of 10,000 here, which would be the biggest number in a long time. News reports say it was a decent turnout, which suggests less (but even a decent turnout is a lot better than what they were doing here a year or two ago.)
CMLL (SUN) 01/27/2013 Arena Coliseo [CMLL]
1) Guerrero Negro Jr. & Inquisidor b Génesis & Oro Jr.
Pompin was the referee. Rudos took 1/3, Negro backcracker on Oro and Inquisidor Storm on Genesis. Genesis had a poor match. Oro needed help to leave the ring and seemed to be in a lot of pain after the match.
2) Demus 3:16, Pequeño Violencia, Pequeño Warrior b Acero, Fantasy, Shockercito
Referee was Terror Chino. Acero replaced Electrico, who was supposed to return here. Rudos took falls 1/3, then declared themselves the Pequeno Temerarios after the match.
3) Pegasso, Starman, Stigma b Arkángel de la Muerte, Hooligan, Skándalo
Referee was Tigre Hispano. Rudos took 2/3, Arkangel powerbombing Pegasso for the win.
4) Dark Angel b Princesa Blanca [lightning]
Referee is Pompin. Dark Angel won in 8:53 with a reinera in a good match.
5) Ángel de Oro, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. DQ Averno, Black Warrior, Negro Casas
Referee was Terror Chino. Tecnicos took 1/3. Delta pinned Negro with a casita in the first, Negro pinned Delta with a casita in the second. Warrior strangely pulled Guerrero Maya’s mask off seconds into the third fall, ending the match suddenly. Rudos took all the tecnicos masks after the match.
6) Máscara Dorada, Shocker, Valiente b Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
Referee was Tigre Hispano. Tecnicos took falls 2/3, Valiente giving both Polvora and Dragon Rojo the Valiente Buster to win. Valiente demanded a shot at Polvora’s title (though oddly not Dragon Rojo’s!) Polvora declared he was better than Valiente, and accepted the title match. Shocker called Polvora scared.
CMLL (SUN) 01/27/2013 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Azteca de Oro & Meteoro b Relampago Azul & Thunder Boy
Tecnicos took 2/3.
2) Demonio Maya & In Memoriam b Höruz & Idolo
Finish is unclear, but appears rudos took 2/3.
3) Sádico b Virgo, El Hippie, Javier Cruz Jr., El Piraña, Sky Kid, El Divino, Brillante [OCCIDENTE WELTER, semifinal]
Sadico used a martinete variation to beat Sky Kid for the win. He faces Leo for the vacant title next week. Sky Kid was strechered out.
4) Bárbaro Cavernario b Halcón de Plata [OCCIDENTE MIDDLE]
Barbaro Cavernario came in as a champion. Halcon took the first (2:00), Barbaro stole his mask and pinned him in the second fall (2:12), and Barbaro took the third to keep the title (13:44, total of 17:56, times are a little estimated.) First defense.
5) Mephisto, Terrible, Tiger b La Sombra, Máximo, Rush
Rudos took falls 1/3.
Crowd seemed to be into the show, despite the first three matches not being much and the fifth match ending abruptly and disappointingly. I got the sense they were setting up Delta/Negro Casas as Negro continues to face/beat all the young tecnicos, but obviously it’d have to be some weeks down the road since Valiente/Polvora is the next week.
The most interesting show of the weekend is one I don’t have any results for. That FMLL show in Los Angeles, with the poster of a ton of Independent, CMLL and even AAA guys which couldn’t possibly with those guys, happened with many of those guys. El Hijo del Santo posted Twitter pictures of him with Negro Navarro, Mascara Sagrada, Solar, Rayo de Jalisco, Blue Panther, and Atlantis and with Volador & La Mascara. Back in 2007, angry CMLL management declared that anyone who worked with Hijo del Santo would not be able to work with CMLL. Loco Max got in a lot of trouble for doing this at that time, and that is the stated reason IWRG are prohibited able to bring in CMLL wrestlers. (Santo worked there twice, and not since 2008, and still CMLL won’t work with them.) By the rules at that time, Atlantis, Blue Panther, Volador and La Mascara should all be getting fired today. They are not getting fired – this ruling has apparently softened over the years, or at least the minis have been very skilled at getting around it. This is the first time, to my knowledge, the major stars have worked a show with Santo. I don’t know what that means going forward, but I tend to believe this might mean a chance of policy in where CMLL guys are allowed to work (perhaps forced by there being less work), but no change in CMLL management’s feelings. The wrestlers never have problems with each other (or picking up extra bookings), it’s the management and Santo who have the issues. Same thing with Dr. Wagner Jr.(who had an incident with a fan) and LA Park (who was listed as working but I haven’t seen a photo of yet.)
An Alberto Del Rio interview on Yahoo! Deportes says there’s no date for a WWE return to Mexico and no plans for one. They haven’t made as much as they thought – pirated merchandise is blamed, and half full arenas is not mentioned – and so the WWE is focused on other countries for the time being. This has been evident for a while, since there’s been no word of a Mexico City show since that double taping, but confirms the suspicion that Mexico has slipped in priority. Still, it’s the TV that has the biggest impact, and while the ratings have dropped a lot since they debuted in 2009, there’s no sense it’s going anywhere. Del Rio’s previously suggested he might return to Mexico to wrestle after his career, but he says here he wants to work backstage for WWE when he retires.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Rob has highlights of 01/26 & 02/06/12 CMLL Puebla.
Bill has highlights of 10/09/12 CMLL Guadalajara
Los Colisenos thinks Marco Corleone needs to change since Thunder is coming in. Marco was crazy over on this week’s Galavision show, so I’d suggest not changing all that much.
Deportivos also speculates on Thunder. That’ll get you in trouble.
La Copa writes about Dinastia winning some silly award.
Somos Luchadors looks back at 2012 lucha libre in Ensanda.
IWRG (THU) 01/31/2013 Arena Naucalpan
1) Galaxy vs Araña de Plata Jr.
2) Centvrión vs Alan Extreme, Mr. Leo
3) Dr. Cerebro, Extreme Tiger, Veneno vs Canis Lupus, Carta Brava Jr., Danny Casas
4) Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro vs Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan Jr.
5) Dinamic Black vs Cerebro Negro [WWS WELTER]
Cerbero Negro is champion. First defense.
Main event should be good. Next week appears to be the first actual taping for TVC Deportes, though the poster indicates otherwise.
Danny Casas’ first match here since August.
Tercera is billed as the first ever three way match here,