CMLL (MON) 01/21/2013 Arena Puebla [Comunicate Digital]
1) Fuerza Chicana & Siki Ozama Jr. b Dinámikoo & Tigre Rojo Jr.
Rudos took 1/3.
2) Ares, Hijo del Signo, Taurus DQ Hombre Bala Jr., Milenium, Super Halcón Jr.
Rudos took 2/3, the last when Halcon & Bala were DQed for excessive violence (?)
3) Dalis la Caribeña, Estrellita, Goya Kong b La Comandante, La Seductora, Princesa Sugheit
Rudas took 1/3, Sugheit submitting Estrellita in the third to set up a title match next week.
4) Hijo del Fantasma b Puma [lightning]
Phantom Lariat in 5 minutes for the win.
5) Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas b Marco Corleone, Stuka Jr., Valiente
Stuka replaced Atlantis (Japan). Rudos took 1/3, the last when Marco hit Stuka with a plancha by mistake and the Casas brothers submitted him.
6) Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Psicosis b Blue Panther, Shocker, Super Porky [MEX TRIOS]
Psicosis, Kraneo & Mr. Aguila are the trios champs. Rudos took the first fall by DQ, Shocker submitted Psicosis in the second, Psicosis submitted Blue Panther to keep the title in the third. First defense.
Julio Cesar Rivera has taken to calling trios iterations of long run feuds – Puma King vs Rey Cometa, Amapola vs Marcela come to mind – ‘classicos’. CMLL has an authentic classico tonight, Rush vs Terrible for Terrible’s CMLL Heavyweight championship. Except, when there are classicos in soccer, there is a season’s worth of build to those big matches. There’s a week worth of notice for this classicos, and it doesn’t really seem like such a big match with it can happen with a minimal amount of hype on of the b-shows. This might be Rush beating Terrible to become heavyweight champion – it’s got to be either that or Rey Bucanero running out from the announce booth and hitting Rush with a crutch – but it’s diminished by being presented as it has.
Elsewhere on the card, a cibernetico will be held to determine the two people to fight for the CMLL Light Heavyweight championship. The cibernetico ends with two people left, who will try to fight and be prevented from doing so by the referee, and the fans will not as much be excited for next week as annoyed to not get the conclusion this week. Anyway, let’s break up the participants by their chances
Mr. Aguila – has belt already
Felino – not treated as serious singles wrestler
Psicosis – has belt already
Maximo – has belt already
Unlikely but not impossible
La Mascara – has belt already; possible he could advance to the final to lose to a rudo (especially if it’s Volador)
Blue Panther – wouldn’t make much sense but reasonably pushed
Rey Escorpion – can push it as all the guys in the groups have singles belt
Euforia – someone in his group probably should have a belt, since
Atlantis – is Atlantis, would be kind of pointless
Volador – is Volador, would be funny since he can’t beat the national champion
Mephisto – needs something to lose to Mistico besides the mask
The Gladiatores IWRG recap explains the Comando Elite/Clowns match seemed to set up a Factor vs Niko title match.
Bill has highlights of 10/02/12 CMLL Guadalajara.
Rob has highlights of 05/18/12 CMLL.
- DJ Spectro, who’s relocated to Facebook, has posts on El Santo’s 1957, Flama Roja vs Solitario in 1977, and a Ray Mendoza bio.
- A carnival festival in Chapala, Jalisco will include an AAA show on 02/04. No lineup has been announced.
- Terra’s preview of Sunday’s card.
- LuchaMania gives the NGX promoter an award for best show of 2012.
- Mr. Reyes has a photo montage of his weekend of shows.
CMLL (MON) 01/28/2013 Arena Puebla
1) Black Tiger & Génesis vs Akron & Saurón
2) Camaleón, Leono, Tigre Rojo Jr. vs Bobby Zavala, Disturbio, Siki Ozama Jr.
3) Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr., Tritón vs Namajague, Shigeo Okumura, Virus
4) Estrellita vs Princesa Sugheit [MEX WOMEN]
Estrellita is champion. First defense.
5) Blue Panther, Titán, Valiente vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
6) La Máscara, Rush, Thunderbird vs Averno, Mephisto, Terrible
Debut of Thundebird on a random Arena Puebla show. I suspect he’ll be on that Friday’s Arena Mexico show. He appeared on a Cadena3 talk show today, revealing he is Australian and can not speak spanish. That seems like a little bit of a problem.
Estrellita is the easy favorite, but that’s Sugheit’s third CMLL title shot of the year and the second in about a year. Before getting a title shot here in Puebla last April, Sugheit had not gotten a CMLL title shot in 5 years.