CMLL (Alexis) uploaded a new vignette for Mr. 2013, which will start to air on TV this weekend. The mystery man is still a mystery, but we can see him much clearer – he’s a white guy! Actually, my first thought is he was actually a South African, our old friend Angelico. Angelico was last spotted in Japan’s Wrestling New Classic, and seems to have lighter hair and less bulk than the guy in this video, so now I’m not sure. Any other ideas?
Today CMLL show is the return to action of Rush, who’s been off since Sin Piedad. He and the rest of Bufete del Amor face the Invasors in what seems to be setting up a trios title match. The Guerreros Laguneros also return, facing off with Titan, Diamante Azul and Sombra in the semimain. The women face off again in the segunda, which also seems to be setting up Estrellita defending the national women’s championship against Amapola soon. Rey Cometa and Namajague meet in the lightning match after last week’s trios match with them ended in a foul.
NJPW should be announcing the FantasticaMania lineups in the next day or so. CMLL will probably have the around the same time. There were no hints or even really mentions of the CMLL/NJPW co-promoted shows during last night’s Tokyo Dome show, though a commercial did air during intermission and Tama Tonga brought his CMLL Tag Team championship to the ring for his match.
Bill has highlights of the IWRG Battle of the Sexes from 09/16/2011.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
- Porra Fresa finishes it’s appearance count with the Puebla locals and the Mexico City guys.
- Luchadors in Morelia are upset they haven’t been given promised supported by the local government.
- LA based luchador Asesino Geminis talks about his career, explains he hasn’t worked much lately because he’s only offered unpaid bookings on charity shows while he’s offered $800 per show in Mexico. There must be another country named Mexico I don’t know about, or people who write newspaper stories are really gullible.
- AAA now has Silver King paper toy instructions. The mask does not come off. Also, parts two and three of it’s interview with Taya Valkyrie.
- Chucho el Roto & Iron Love are headed back to Costa Rica for a shot at the AULL Tag Team championships they lost to locals Escualo and Ares.
- El Salvador will host a Central American tournament this February.
- Mil Mascaras is signing autographs tomorrow.
- Nino Hamburguesa won on the New Year’s Day Arena Aficion show.
PdM (SAT) 01/05/2013 Canchas de Uso Multiple de La Colonia, Queretaro, Queretaro
1) Ludark Shaitan & Sexy Lady vs Ivelisse Vélez & Taya Valkyrie
2) Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. & Trauma I vs Lizmark Jr. & Trauma II
3) Máscara Año 2000 Jr. & Toscano vs Halloween & Psicosis
4) Cibernético, Dr. Wagner Jr., Jack Evans vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, LA Park, Texano
A Perros del Mal show away from Mexico City. They’re also running the next day also in Queretaro, making this the busiest Perros del Mal month since December 2011, and we’re only six days in. On the other hand, both shows are free. No idea why the Traumas are on separate teams.