CMLL (TUE) 01/01/2013Arena Mexico [CMLL, Yahoo! Deportes (Photos)]
1) Apocalipsis & Cholo b Génesis & Höruz Rudos took 1/3.
2) Arkángel de la Muerte, Nosferatu, Skándalo b Hombre Bala Jr., Stigma, Super Halcón Jr. Rudos took 2/3. Skandalo Driver on Hombre Bala.
3) Kráneo, Olímpico, Psicosis b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Tritón Rudos took 1/3. Olimpico submitted Maya and Kraneo pinned Triton.
4) Pólvora b Titán [CMLL WELTER] Polvora came in as champion. Titan’s Mexican National Welterweight Championship was not on the line. Seconds were Triton and Artillero (Inquisidor was booked in Puebla.) Titan won the first with an inverted Spanish Fly, which appears to be his new finish. Polvora fought him off with a counter dropkick to win the second. Polvora took the final fall with a Polvora Driver to keep the title.
5) Bobby Zavala & Disturbio b Leono & Tigre Blanco [hair] Tecnicos took first with Blanco pinning Disturbio and Leono pinned Bobby with a plancha. Rudos took the second. In the third, Disturbio beat Leono, Tigre Blanco beat Disturbio, Zavala dived onto Tigre, then beat him in the ring with a foul and a distraction by Disturbio. Leono was very angry after the match, but eventually relented to take the haircut. Money was thrown in the ring, or at least towards it, but the luchadors did not notice and it was just swept off the mat before the next match.
6) Atlantis, La Máscara, Shocker DQ Averno, Mephisto, Tiger Averno pulled Mascara’s mask for the DQ.
CMLL (TUE) 01/01/2013Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Leo & Metatrón DQ Évola & Thunder Boy Tecnicos won 1/3, both by DQ.
2) Halcón de Plata & Smaker DQ Bárbaro Cavernario & Exterminador Tecnicos took 2/3, Barbaro pulling Halcon’s mask.
3) La Comandante, Princesa Sugheit, Zeuxis b Lady Afrodita, Luna Mágica, Silueta Afrodita replaced Dark Angel, Blanca replaced La Comandante. Rudas took 2/3.
4) Morphosis, Niebla Roja, Vangelis b Ángel de Oro, Gallo, Valiente Rudos took 2/3.
5) Blue Panther, Marco Corleone, Máximo b Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas Tecnicos took 1/3.
IWRG (TUE) 01/01/2013Arena Naucalpan [Estrellas del Ring, The Gladiatores] ***IWRG 17th Anniversary***
1) Seiya & Serpiente de Oro b Araña de Plata & Fulgore
2) Oficialito 911, Oficialito AK47, Oficialito Fierro b Mini Canis Lupus, Mini Cobra, Mini Multifacetico Debuts for all the tecnicos, at least under those names.
3) Cerebro Negro, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro b Dave The Clown, Niko, Rothen Clown Ak47 snuck in a foul on Niko
4) Araña de Plata Jr., Flehyzer, Fuerza Guerrera, Jhon Crazy, King Boy, Mr. Leo, Rey Espacial, Rey Tabú DQ Alan Extreme, Black Terry, Carta Brava Jr., Dinamic Black, Eita, Golden Magic, Imposible, Saruman [Copa High Power] Arana de Plata replaced Halcon Diabolico. Golden Magic replaced Centviron, who seems to be disappearing. Of note, Saruman got two pinfalls but was beat by Fuerza. Jhony Crazy bled a lot but managed to hit Terry with a chair shot while the ref was out. Terry paid it back by giving Fuerza a backcracker while the ref was busy, setting up a Dinamic Black pin – but the outside ref noticed it for the DQ. Black Terry & Fuerza Guerrera continued to make challenges at each other, this time suggesting a cage match with everyone.
5) el Ángel & Oficial 911 b Factor & Hijo de Pirata Morgan [relevos suicida] Teams didn’t always get along despite the circumstances. Pirata pinned 911, but Angel rallied back to beat Factor and Pirata.
6) Factor b Hijo de Pirata Morgan [mask, IWRG JUNIOR] Factor pulled Pirata’s mask to pin him first, then used the ropes to beat Pirata again in the second. Factor is double champion again, still holding the Rey del Ring title.
King Boy, on Fuerza’s ever changing squad, actually previously appeared in early IWRG matches in spring 2007. The Clowns have appeared on various niche shows around Mexico City.
PdM (TUE) 01/01/2013Arena Lopez Mateos [Black Terry Jr. (Flickr), Estrellas del Ring] 0) Talisman b ? 1) Hanaoka, Impulso, Terremoto b Douki, Fly Metalik, Mr. Leo Money thrown in the ring. 2) Celestial, Flamita, Sexy Lady b Cósmico, Eita, Ivelisse Velez Ivellise’s debut. Sexy Lady replaced Talisman (to work against Velez.) 3) Trauma I & Trauma II b Fabi Apache & Mari Apache Apaches did not fight each other, but the Traumas still won this time. 4) Daga, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Lizmark Jr. b Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Texano Jr., Toscano Lizmark Jr. is wearing his mask here. Perros won falls 1/3, with Toscano again accidentally hitting Texano to cost him the match.
LyC says they still hope to bring Hulk Hogan to Monterrey in June or July. It still seems so unlikely, though Hogan did recently start talking about having one more surgery that would fix everything (which also seems so unlikely) and coming back for more matches after seeing Ric Flair on RAW.
Rob has part 1 and part 2 of his top 40 dives of 2011 countdown.
Psico Kid, whoever that might be, is threatening Juvi for the Super X show.
CMLL (SAT) 12/07/2013Arena Puebla
1) Asturiano & Milenium vs Espiritu Maligno & Fuerza Chicana
2) Höruz, Robin, Sensei vs Espanto Jr., Guerrero Negro Jr., Zayco
3) Stigma vs Hijo del Signo [lightning]
4) Fuego, Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr. vs Namajague, Shigeo Okumura, Virus
5) Blue Panther, Shocker, Super Porky vs Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Psicosis
6) Terrible vs Diamante Azul [CMLL HEAVY] Terrible is champ
Surely another Terrible title defense.
CMLL (TUE) 01/08/2013Arena Mexico
1) Freesbe & Oro Jr. vs Apocalipsis & Ramstein
2) Aereo, Astral, Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pequeño Olímpico
3) Diamante, Fuego, Sagrado vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Hooligan, Skándalo
4) Rey Cometa vs Olímpico [lightning]
5) Ángel de Oro, Blue Panther, La Máscara vs Misterioso Jr., Shigeo Okumura, Vangelis
6) Máscara Dorada, Mistico, Titán vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Mistico’s return, two days after the Three King’s Day show. I really should stop trying to predict things based on logic, it never works out for me. Mistico has great people to work against and two partners who will totally outshine him, but that’s definitely the way CMLL does it. He can probably work 4 days of shows (This one, Friday, Sunday and next Tuesday) before heading off to Japan.
Rey Cometa lightning match week = no tornillo gifs for the rest of us.
CMLL (SUN) 12/08/2013Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Sky Kid vs In Memoriam
2) Halcón de Plata & Metatrón vs Exterminador & Ráfaga
3) Ángel Azteca Jr., Magnus, Soberano Jr. vs Bobby Zavala, Disturbio, Nitro
4) Gallo, Stuka Jr., Tritón vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Sangre Azteca
5) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush vs Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero
Guerreros vs Bufete.
AAA (SAT) 01/19/2013Arena Lopez Mateos 1) Chico del Barrio, Rey Krystal, Spider Boy vs Ciber Punk, El Exorcista, Guru 2) Felina Metalina, La Vaquerita, Lady Sensacion vs Chik Tormenta, Keira, La Jarochita 3) Epitafio, Leviatham, Samael, Tormento vs Aero Boy, Dement Extreme, Paranoiko, Violento Jack
4) Flamita, Rocky Santana, Zumbi vs Black Terry, Fuerza Guerrera, Sádico
5) LA Park, La Parka, Parka Negra vs Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown
I’ve already mocked teaming up the Parkas when Parka Negra is so new, so let’s tackle a different Parka Negra part. Please note I’m heading in to a significant spoiler.
Parka Negra debuted at Guerra de Titanes, followed by a lot of questions about who Parka Negra might be. Seems like plenty of people already have their answers. Check out the comments on my YouTube video for that match. The same thing’s been said on Twitter and I presume Facebook. My favorite bit so far were the new Parka Negra fans at his Arena Neza match, because I’m sure they used to be the Zorro fan club. It’s not much of a mystery if you know where to look.
I was told*, after Guerra de Titans, that Parka Negra was Zorro. It wasn’t easy to confirm watching the match – Pentagon Jr. as Dark Dragon was pretty easy because he didn’t change much, but Parka Negra really didn’t do more than react to La Parka’s comedy as a normal rudo. Still, there’s nothing to knock it down and everything fits – Zorro hasn’t had a confirmed match in months and was last seen in a skit that was setting up a new direction for him – so it’s surely Zorro under the Parka Negra mask.
* – not by Konnan, I’ve never talked to Konnan, please leave Konnan alone.
I’d guess AAA is heading for an onscreen reveal of this at some point in 2013, and it should still be a significant deal. It’s just near impossible to keep stuff like this quiet in 2013, it’s too easy to spread the word around. I’m getting this from YouTube comments, not a particularly sneaky way of conversation.