KrisZ has a great bio of Emilio Charles Jr.
CMLL (FRI) 12/28/2012 Arena Mexico [CMLL, Yahoo! Deportes]
1) Molotov & Stigma b Akuma & Inquisidor
2) Dalis la Caribeña, Estrellita, Luna Mágica b Amapola, La Comandante, Princesa Sugheit
Amapola surprised Estrellita with a cruz nipona in the first, Estrallita surprised Amapola with a roll up in the second, and they were both out of the ring (after an Estrellita silla) when Luna & Dalis beat Comandnate and Sugheit.
3) Fuego, Rey Cometa, Tritón DQ Namajague, Shigeo Okumura, Vangelis
Rey Cometa brought to the ring a photo of his grandfather, who passed away recently. Tencicos took 1/3, Namajague fouling Cometa in the last. Cometa challenged the Japanese demon to a match.
4) Mr. Águila b Valiente [lightning]
Mr. Aguila snuck in a foul to beat Valiente.
5) Averno, Felino, Mephisto b Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr.
Wrestlers, staff, and programming officials all came to the ring before the match for a moment of applause and a chant for Emilio Charles Jr. Those in the this match just stayed there for this match. Rudos took 2/3, Mephisto & Felino beating Delta & Maya in a match that had a lot of Averno and Atlantis interaction.
6) Kráneo, Psicosis, Volador Jr. b La Máscara, Marco Corleone, Máximo
Rudos won cleanly. Volador demanded an Invasors shot at the CMLL World trios titles.I’m off at least one week on my Amapola/Estrellita guess.
Rey Cometa has new music, which is good because his old music didn’t really fit him and was already being used by El Elegido. Rey Cometa’s new music is “Come With Me”, which is not good because it’s been all over AAA TV for the last year as El Consejo’s music and makes CMLL look second rate. (It’s also a rudo song.) There are plenty of other songs in the world, they should go with one of them.
CMLL (FRI) 12/28/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Acertijo & Thunder Boy b Brillante & Índigo
Rudos gain 1/3.
2) El Divino, Esfinge, Sky Kid b Évola, In Memoriam, Sádico
Tecnicos took 1/3.
3) Silueta b Zeuxis [REINA IJ]
Silueta kept her championship.
4) Javier Cruz, Javier Cruz Jr., Smaker b Espectrum, Magnum, Maléfico
Tecnicos took 1/3.
5) Ráfaga b Sagrado [OCCIDENTE LH]
Sagrado came in as the champion looking for first defense, but Rafaga took falls 1/3 to win the title.
6) Blue Panther & Máscara Dorada b Mr. Niebla & Negro Casas
Rafaga beating Sagrado is a surprise. The Occidente championships make more sense being on guys who would be here regularly but that only matters if they have plans to do things with them. They have used the middleweight title a bit this year.
AAA announced they’ll be airing the traditional 3 weeks of Best of Material starting this afternoon. The Acapulco taping will air on 01/19 and probably 01/26, then the Toluca taping starts on 02/02. NFL season winds down during that period, so they’ll probably be moving back to Sunday (and 2 hours?) somewhere in that stretch, but the bigger point is not much new material for a while and probably only the 1 main TV taping next month.
Informador talks to Barbaro Cavernario, Mistico, and Rush about where they are in lucha libre right now. Mistico says he must do more difficult moves than the original to get him over, and the fans are starting to call him El Kamikaze de Lucha Libre. You know, it didn’t end well for the kamikazes. Also, which fans are saying that?
Rob has highlights of 12/04/12 CMLL.
Eita is listed as possibly appearing on the 01/27 Dragon Gate show.
CMLL (FRI) 01/04/2013 Arena Mexico
1) Camaleón & Oro Jr. vs Herodes Jr. & Inquisidor
2) Dalis la Caribeña, Estrellita, Goya Kong vs Amapola, La Comandante, La Seductora
3) Ángel de Oro, Diamante, Stuka Jr. vs Shigeo Okumura, Vangelis, Virus
4) Rey Cometa vs Namajague [lightning]
5) Diamante Azul, La Sombra, Titán vs Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero
6) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush vs Mr. Águila, Psicosis, Volador Jr.
Guerreros and Rush are back. Main event is not a title match, yet.
Rey Cometa vs Namajague follows up on their interaction in a midcard match. Followup is just plani weird.
Amapola and Estrellita keep facing off in the segunda.