CMLL (TUE) 12/18/2012Arena Mexico [CMLL, CMLL Gaceta, Yahoo! Deportes (Photos)]
1) Espanto Jr. & Guerrero Negro Jr. b Génesis & Oro Jr.
2) Bobby Zavala, Disturbio, Skándalo b Leono, Sensei, Tigre Blanco Leono pinned Zavala in the first, but Skandalo beat Sensei with the Skandalo Driver to take the first fall. Sensei submitted Skandalo in the second. Leono and Disturbio were eliminated in the third. Zavala pinned Blanco using the ropes to take the match. Tigre Blanco challenged Zavala to a hair match, Disturbio challenged Blanco, and Leono stood up for Blanco. Everyone accepted everyone else’s challenge for a tag hair match.
3) Sangre Azteca b Pegasso [lightning] Sangre Azteca hit Pegasso with the counter dropkick in 6:18.
4) Mephisto, Pólvora, Rey Escorpión b La Máscara, Máscara Dorada, Tritón Rudos took 2/3, Mephisto beating Dorada (again) and Rey Escorpion powerbombing Triton.
5) Euforia DQ Dragón Rojo Jr. moved to the semimain. Rojo jumped Euforia and took most of the first fall, but Euforia snuck in an armbar to win the fall. Rey Escorpion and Polvora ran in for the second fall DQ, and they all destroyed Euforia.
6) Atlantis, Guerrero Maya Jr., Máximo b Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas moved to the main. Tecnicos took 2/3, Sacrficio Maya on Negro Casas for the win. Maya challenged Negro to a NWA Welterweight championship match, and Negro said he had no problem with that.
Maya & Negro is on for next Tuesday. No date yet for the hair match. CMLL notes Leono previously beat Disutrbio for his hair – that happened back in early 2008, when Leono winning hair matches was still a thing.
CMLL honored El Faisan, who passed away recently.
CMLL (TUE) 12/18/2012Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [@acogdl]
1) Leo & Sky Kid b Èvola & Thunder Boy Tecnicos took 2/3.
2) Esfinge & Gallo b Exterminador & Ráfaga Tecnicos took 1/3.
3) Ángel Azteca Jr., Magnus, Starman b Arkángel de la Muerte, Hooligan, Inquisidor Tecnicos took 1/3.
4) Ángel de Oro, Shocker, Titán b Black Warrior, Misterioso Jr., Olímpico Tecnicos took 1/3
5) Mr. Águila, Psicosis, Último Guerrero b La Sombra, Marco Corleone, Super Porky Rudos took 1/3.
Live twitter results from GDL is great
On today’s Figure Four Daily, Dr. Luchas said the CMLL 2013 guy is a repackaged existing guy much like Titan and Triton, and definitely not Chris Masters. He’s also sure the Wagner interview is in character, and part of an ongoing AAA story, pointing out Dorian can’t be keeping Wagner under contract since that’s not really Dorian’s department.
Rey Escorpion will replace Rey Bucanero on the FantasticaMania shows. Note that NJPW sent out this announcement. CMLL themselves listed Bucanero on last Monday’s Puebla show, but he did not work that and has only recently started returning to TV in his commentary roles, so the knee must’ve be healing significantly slow than expected. Bucanero worked as guest announcer on CMLL on Fox Sports this previous week and seemed to indicate he was still making this tour, so this must’ve been a very recent decision. Rey Escorpion is good and deserving on of the spot, though poor Euforia is now outnumbered 2 v1 versus the Revolucionarios and should try to bring on Misterioso as a Guerreros associate immediately.
Absolutely nothing has been said about Mistico’s status; I think he works this tour even they have to totally protect him and work around an injury, but Japan in general is a million times more concerned with announcing no-shows and replacements ahead of time and NJPW would want to say something soon if Mistico can not make it.
The official posters for the show does not list Namajague’s name, so I believe he’s still CMLL’s for a while longer. Yoshihashi stayed for 18 (long) months. Namajague would be around until August of next year if it’s the same length.
MPW (TUE) 12/25/2012Auditorio de Tijuana 1) Ultimate Tiger & Venum Black Jr. vs Black Boy & Mosco Negro 2) La Metalica & Spirit vs Lady Lee & Papa Shango and Amazona & Amnesia [relevos suicida] 3) Cinico & Wama vs Bugambilia & Rubi Gardenia [MPW TAG] vacant title 4) Halloween & Monster Clown vs Bestia 666 & Damián 666 and Extreme Tiger & Hijo de Rey Misterio II 5) Psicosis vs Tony Casanova [MPW EXTREMO] vacant title
MPW seems to stand for (Rey) Mysterio Pro Wrestling, not the MPW of Slammin’ Stan fame.
CMLL (TUE) 12/25/2012Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Black Metal & Virgo vs Demonio Maya & Magnum
2) Esfinge vs Exterminador
3) Metálico, Pegasso, Sensei vs Bronco, Cancerbero, Raziel
4) Gallo, Rey Cometa, Tritón vs Morphosis, Sangre Azteca, Vangelis
5) Marco Corleone, Máscara Dorada, Máximo vs Averno, Mephisto, Mr. Niebla
Three shows on Christmas means some DF folks are getting a long bus ride under the tree. This is Bronco’s first match in Guadalajara in 2 years.
CMLL (TUE) 12/25/2012Arena Puebla
1) Ares & Siki Ozama Jr. vs Akron & Fuerza Chicana
2) Asturiano, Höruz, Robin vs Artillero, Ramstein, Súper Comando
3) Fuego, Magnus, Stigma vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Nosferatu, Skándalo
4) Último Dragoncito vs Pierrothito [lightning]
5) Diamante Azul, Sagrado, Super Porky vs Mr. Águila, Olímpico, Psicosis
6) Atlantis, Delta, Valiente vs Terrible, Tiger, Volador Jr.
Christmas show in Puebla at least starts later and is a shorter bus ride. Nosferatu’s first match since September, the sort of things that happen when you run 3 shows. Not as many Puebla locals as I’d expect
Arena Mexico seems to be left a women’s match for sure, and probably a minis match since there’s only the 2 working.
CMLL did not have a British Night. CMLL never explained why it didn’t have a Britsh Night. The charity committee explained CMLL would not promise them percentage of money they wanted, but did not say what that percentage was. No one who writes about lucha libre seemed any of this interested in writing about any of us except for us Americans. It was all weird.
CMLL’s year end show, Sin Piedad, was main evented by Sombra defeating Tama Tonga to win Copa Junior. Reports indicated the match ended early, a referee (once again) counting three on what was meant to be a near fall. There were no ongoing feuds finished or even continued on this show, though there was some hints of new feuds possibly starting. Attendance did not seem any different than most weeks.
Mistico was advertised for spot shows, was still too hurt to wrestle, CMLL did not feel like mentioning that part until the main events of those shows.
AAA concluded it’s second annual Quien Pinta Para La Corona contest, with La Jarochita (women), Rey Celestial (mini) and Saturno (men) winning their divisions. This is the only news for AAA in a very slow couple of weeks for them.
Dr. Wagner Jr. continued to do interviews claiming he was out of contract with AAA but being prevented from leaving by Dorian (which could be read as by the storyline evil boss or the real life boss). AAA’s previously said Wagner is under contract for a while longer.
ex-WWE-er Chris Masters posted on Twitter that he was coming to CMLL in early February. This immediately led people to believe he was the mystery man CMLL’s been hyping the last few weeks, though the mystery silhouette does not look much like Chris Masters.
Lucha Libre USA will have a ten show 2013 tour, according to an article about their sponsor Dr. Pepper.
The Invasors – Kraneo, Mr. Aguila, Psicosis – upset Reyes del Atlantida – Atlantis, Delta and Guerrero Maya Jr. – to win the Mexican Trios Championship. The strongest rivalry among the trios was between the giant Kraneo and the lightweight Guerrero Maya Jr., and Kraneo again gave Maya a sit down piledriver to win the championships.
DTU’s 5th Anniversary tour ended with Ciclope losing his mask in a three way main event. Dragon Gate’s Rich Swann impressed in his appearances.
Tama Tonga held onto the CMLL tag team titles with Terrible and has since gone home for holidays. It’s uncertain when he’ll be back. Negro Casas has also kept his title in CMLL, and Daga and Angel kept their titles in their promotions
Llaves y Canados attempted to sign Hulk Hogan for a match! It did not work, but points for effort.
Perros del Mal announced ex-WWE Tough Enough participant Ivelisse Velez would be joining the promotion for their New Year’s Day show.
Dr. Cerbero beat Cerbero Negro in a hair match between broken up tag team partners.
A group is bringing in CZW’s Masada to face Extreme Tiger on a show in January with Trauma I vs Trauma II and Daga vs Matt Cross.