taped 2012-10-28 @ Arena Coliseo
Archive for December 5th, 2012
- AAA’s year end show, Guerra de Titanes, took place Sunday night. Chessman took Vampiro’s hair (or at least the part of it he wanted cut) in the six way main event. That outcome was a bit of surprise, but not as big as Texano Jr. defeating Mesias cleanly to win the AAA Heavyweight championship. Texano had spent all but the last couple months as a trios wrestler and actually was beat by Mesias in the first match of this feud (in Ziggler-like fashion), so both the outcome and the lack of controversy were unexpected. Fellow rudo Daga also won the cruiserweight championship in a ladder match which saw two people hurt (Juvi and Fenix) and two people not appear with no explanation (Teddy Hart & a TNA wrestler.) All the big rudo wins led to an end of show declaration from Konnan that he and the rudos – including the Jarrett, who were flown in simply for a inconsequential attack on LA Park – were leaving AAA to form their own promotion.
- In other matches on the same show, Octagon Jr.’s debuted under his name, teaming with Octagon & La Parka to face Silver King and surprise partners Pentagon Jr. (evil Octagon Jr.) and La Parka Negra (evil Zorro). Octagon Jr. still won, but the evil doppelgangers appear to be permanent additions. The Infierno Rockers saw their win streak come to an end against the Psycho Circus, but still beat up the Clowns post match with the help of giant Uro Rocker. The show itself drew a disappointingly small crowd.
- CMLL’s announced Sin Piedad, it’s year end show, will take place next Friday (12/14). That’s all they’ve announced for the show. The Copa Junior final will take place but nothing else will take place and no big matches are expected as a result. CMLL’s pushed this Friday’s British Night much stronger, though even that is just for the theme than any built up feud.
- Sombra won a non-title match over Terrible, the Advanced division of the annual bodybuilding contest, and the first bracket of the Copa Junior tournament, but came up just short for the heavyweight title against Terrible.
- in other bodybuilding results, Dark Angel won the women’s division for the 7th straight year, with Stukita (minis), Flyer (beginners), Sensei (Intermediate) winning the other divisions and opening match wrestler Sensei declared the overall winner.
- CMLL hyped the debut of yet another mystery new wrestler in 2013. CMLL has done this bit, and introduced so many new wrestlers, that there is mininal buzz about the mystery this time around.
- Perros del Mal beat AAA in the main event of a benefit show for Hector Garza (who did not appear). The show featured AAA, Perros del Mal and small promotions wrestlers and will air as part of AAA Fusion.
- AAA announced the lineup for the it’s final Televisa taping of the year, to take place 12/21 in Acapulco. It’s the first show in their usual slow period, and there’s not much to the show.
- a show headlined by LA Park, Dr. Wagner and Canek (with the usual inconclusive ending) drew a near full house for Arena Lopez Mateos. The same building has had trouble drawing for other shows, including a AAA Fusion taping.
- Estrellita won the Mexican National Women’s Championship
- Samuray del Sol explained he’d only be Octagon Jr. in AAA.
- Sexi Star kept the Reina de Reinas title in a tournament with the WAVE promotion in Japan. AAA wrestlers and Dorian Roldan flew over to Japan for the show.
- Guerreros and the rebel memebrs (Los Revolucionarios del Terror) continued to feud
- Oficial Factor lost his mask in IWRG’s Prison Fatal
- Rush and Diamante Azul did laughably poor in NJPW’s World Tag Team Tournament.
- people who kept titles: Factor, Angel
- Daga will face Matt Cross on 01/20
CMLL (TUE) 12/04/2012 Arena Mexico [CMLL]
1) Bengala & Höruz b Camorra & Inquisidor
2) Leono, Molotov, Tigre Blanco DQ Bobby Zavala, Disturbio, Hijo del Signo
Tecnicos took 1/3. Disturbio and Zavala fouled Tigre Blanco and Leono.
3) Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit, Tiffany b Dalis la Caribeña, Dark Angel, Luna Mágica
Dalys replaced Estrellita. Rudas took 2/3.
4) Vangelis b Diamante [lightning]
Vangelis won in 5:08 via northern lights suplex.
5) La Máscara, Marco Corleone, Valiente b Tama Tonga, Terrible, Tiger
Tecnicos took 2/3. Tama & Terrible messed up, Mascara submitted Terrible to the campana, then challenged for a tag title shot with himself and Terrible.
6) Pólvora & Rey Escorpión DQ Niebla Roja & Último Guerrero
Revolucionarios jumped the Guerreros and beat them in the first fall with some amount of cheating. Escorpion was about to beat Ultimo Guerrero in the second fall when Euforia ran in for the DQ. They talked about a trios match next week.
The mystery man promo was shown after the second match.
Sobre el Ring is among those reporting the death of Hijo de Andy Barrow. No word on the cause of death, just mentioned as surprise. He worked at least one match in Mexico City, but was most recently noted as wrestling around Jalisco. It was never clear if he was the actual son of ex-UWA manager Andy Barrow or just using that name.
Violento Jack, who is said to have come up with the DTU name, posted that he quit DTU a few weeks ago.
Diestro, Tigre Lee, Xtreme Warrior vs Kid Silver, King Haizer, Super Loco is the local match on the Acapulco AAA TV taping. It’s (at least) a two week taping, so it’s more likely this will air at some point. About half the luchadors are from the Acapulco Antonio Pena lucha libre school (named in his honor with approval from AAA.)
Bill has highlights of 05/29/12 CMLL GDL.
- Sombra seems to favor Tama Tonga as the winner of this week’s Copa Junior block and likes working on charity shows.
- Daga says he’ll be out of action the next couple days. No word on what’s wrong; maybe he’s allergic to DTU?
- Super Luchas #491 has the Guerra de Titanes results.
- The Perros del Mal podcast will talk to Chessman & Pentagon Jr.
- Fenix & Dark Dragon will appear on ImprvoLucha’s year end show Thursday
Lucha Libre in Japan
Super Crazy b Genba Hirayanagi
Ricky Marvin b Yoshinobu Kanemaru
CMLL (TUE) 12/11/2012 Arena Mexico
1) Robin & Soberano Jr. vs Camorra & Zayco
2) Leono, Metatrón, Tigre Blanco vs Bobby Zavala, Disturbio, Taurus
partial rematch after issues between Blanco/Loco and Disturbio/Zavala last week
3) Diamante, Hijo del Fantasma, Sagrado vs Hijo del Signo, Sangre Azteca, Vangelis
4) Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Virus [lightning]
5) Euforia, Niebla Roja, Último Guerrero vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora, Rey Escorpión
6) Tama Tonga & Terrible vs La Máscara & Valiente [CMLL TAG]
Terrible & Tama Tonga are champions going for their first defense
Tonga’s got to go home at some point and he’s probably not leaving with the title, right? There’s got to be a chance!
Guerrero Maya vs Virus adds to Guerrero Maya vs Averno as great lightning matches maybe not aired on TV.
It seems like something is developing in the second match. They did do an apuesta match on 01/01 last year. That’d be a Tuesday this year.
CMLL (TUE) 12/11/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Black Metal & Virgo vs Acertijo & Sádico
2) Höruz & Metálico vs Apocalipsis & Cholo
3) Pegasso, Rey Cometa, Stigma vs Cancerbero, Inquisidor, Raziel
4) Atlantis, Diamante Azul, Shocker vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
5) Negro Casas vs Ángel de Oro [NWA WELTER]
Negro Casas is champion. This would be his 3rd defense, all versus Angel de Oro
No one listens to Negro Casas when he says the next rematch should be on a Friday night. This probably shouldn’t be the title change, but it still should be good.
IWL (TUE) 12/25/2012 Centro de Convenciones Tlalnepantla
1) Centinela & Estrella Negra vs Red Monster & Sherry Diva
2) ?, Beset The Clown, Diva Salvaje vs ??, Juan el Ranchero, Sexy Rubi
3) Arkanos, Impulso, Niño de Ébano, Templario vs Payaso Carroña, Payaso Miedo, Payaso Terror, Quimico Jr.
4) Carta Brava Jr. I, Cerebro Negro, Huracan Ramirez Jr., Ninja De Fuego vs Mascara Sagrada Jr., Rayo Tapatío I, Rayo Tapatío II, Ultratumba Jr.
5) Epitafio, Leviatham, Samael, Tormento vs Infierno Kid, Ojo Diabolico, Sepulturero I, Último Vampiro
6) Fishman Jr., Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan Jr. vs Canek Jr., el Ángel, Kung Fu Jr.
7) Ángel o Demonio, Big Memo, León Rojo, Obett vs Dance Boy, Pagano, Paranoiko, X-Fly
IWL running a show! And a show with 48 people, so it’s a real IWL show. Christmas Day will be busy, between this show and whatever becomes of the Santo/Demon in Arena Neza along with the usual CMLL Tuesday shows.