taped 2012-09-16 @ Centro Civico de Ecatepec, EdM
Read the rest of this entry »
Archive for October 10th, 2012
CMLL (MON) 10/08/2012 Arena Puebla [Porra Fresa]
1) King Jaguar & Siki Ozama Jr. b Black Tiger & Lestat
rudos took 1/3.
2) Mercurio, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito b Acero, Fantasy, Shockercito
rudos took 2/3, Mercurio pulling Fantasy’s mask and saying he’d do the same Sunday.
3) Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus b Metatrón, Stuka Jr., Triton
rudos took 2/3.
4) Misterioso Jr. b Diamante [lightning]
Gori Driver for the win.
5) Negro Casas, Puma King, Tiger b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Hijo del Fantasma
Straight falls for the Casas, Negro surprisingly Maya with a casita when the second fall seemed to be going the tecnicos ways.
6) Diamante Azul, La Sombra, Rush DQ Mr. Águila, Psicosis, Volador Jr.
Azul & Rush did a weird dance before the match. In the first fall, rudos kept breaking Azul & Sombra’s up holds. Rush jumped in the ring to kill them, Tiger Hispano cut him off, Rush accidentally shoved him, and Hispano fell, hitting the ropes as he went down. Crowd mocked the ref, who got up and awarded the fall – to Sombra! Crowd mocked more until Hispano realized he meant to DQ the other team and awarded the fall to the tecnicos instead. Tecnicos took second, and Volador yanked Sombra’s mask for the DQ after avoding him all fall. Sets up a singles match with them next match. Poor match.
CMLL (TUE) 10/09/2012 Arena Mexico [CMLL, Kaiser Sports, La Catedral]
1) Pequeño Universo 2000 & Pequeño Violencia b Aereo & Pequeño Halcón
Rudos took 1/3.
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Magnus, Super Halcon Jr. b Apocalipsis, Inquisidor, Zayco
Tecnicos took 2/3. Magnus looked as he did prior, inconsistent.
3) Ángel Azteca Jr., Metatrón, Molotov DQ Artillero, Hijo del Signo, Súper Comando
Tecnicos took 1/3. Signo fouled Molotov.
4) Black Warrior, Niebla Roja, Puma King b Ángel de Oro, La Máscara, Rey Cometa
Tecnicos took 1/3. Puma beat Mascara with a campana.
5) La Sombra TLDRAW Volador Jr. [lightning]
Expected good match. Volador had Sombra beat with the Volador Spiral at the time limit, but not in time for the three count. Both pointed out how ridiculous it was for them to be limited to 10 minutes. They protested to the referee, who refused to give them more time. They then took it to ringside commissioner Rambo, who called up “the head of the DF commission” (Fantasma), who also turned them down. Fans and wrestlers were unhappy.
6) Kráneo, Olímpico, Psicosis b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Shocker
Clean win, shockingly so. Rudos won falls 1/3 and only lost the second by DQ foul.
NOTI AAA Facebook, which is not the Offical AAA Facebook but apparently still official, says Guerra de Titanes will take place in Zapopan.
The first part is the usual rudo “AAA is great because of you and me!” bit, plus them talking about the issues with Santo. I feel sorry for them having to explain over and over again why they don’t and wouldn’t want to do business with Santo, that’s got to get old. This retelling did have Konnan hilariously imitating the guests on Santo’s talk show telling Santo how great he is.
Part 2 has more interesting stuff to me. Konnan says they’er looking for someone who has that X-Factor, naming Rey Misterio Jr., Sin Cara, Evan Bourne, Eddie Guerrero and Bryan Danielson as guys who have it. A discussion of how happy they are with their relationship with TNA (very happy!) leads to Dorian picking young guys he’s high on and would like to see represent AAA in TNA: Texano & Daga. PPV is brought up, which first leads to a TV discussion.” Dorian says lucha libre doesn’t get the respect from Televisa as other sports, but suggests the full episodes will be available as part of AAA’s new site, which debuts tomorrow. (I’m not sure I totally got that right, which is why it’s not in bold and big print.) If I understood right, not being on PPV has to do with a variety if issues, including distributors price, and wanting to air the shows on TV a couple weeks later. Dorian says they’ll be back on TV in the US “pronto.”
Mr. Cacao is returning to CMLL this Sunday as part of his honeymoon. It takes a special woman to agree to that; Cacao’s new wife is Vancouver Cat, another wrestler from his promotion. Arkangel de la muerte, part time super villain, vowed to hurt Cacao so much, he won’t be able to spend one night with his wife.
The show at Sala de Armas de la Magdalena Mixhuca this weekend I assumed with the latest Toryumon Mexico show turns out to actually be a benefit for Electrico. Electrico broke his leg at the last Toryumon Mexico show and has just recently got the cast off, and the show is to help him out while he’s not working. Sombra, Asral, Mascara Dorada, Angel de Oro, Pierrothito, Fantasy, Mercurio and Hiroka are all giving gear to be sold off at the show. It reads like Titan and Triton will go back to their old gimmicks for one night, and then that gear will go to raffle winners. Tickets for the show are free if you buy a souvenir.
Rob has highlights of 03/16/12 CMLL.
- SuperLuchas #483 has Mr. Niebla and AAA Fusion on the cover.
- The Gladiatores interviews new champ Angel.
- Ari Romero will not be on the next Arena Quereatro show. Hijo de Cien Caras replaces him.
- Mesias still promises to send Texano to Arena Mexico, Texano doesn’t consider Mesias world class.
- DJ Spectro looks back at Perro Aguayo Jr. vs Hijo del Solitario.
- Estrellas del Ring interviews Abogado del Diablo.
IWRG (SUN) 10/14/2012 Arena Naucalpan
1) Astro Rey Jr. & Johnny Rivera vs Epidemia & Star Boy Jr.
2) Dinamic Black & Freelance vs Comando Negro & Imposible
3) Carta Brava, Oficial Factor, Rayan vs Carta Brava Jr., Oficial 911, Oficial AK47
4) el Ángel, Pantera, Veneno vs Scorpio Jr., Violencia Jr., Zumbido
5) Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 & Pirata Morgan vs Cien Caras Jr. & Hijo de Pirata Morgan [Relevos Increíbles]
Carta Bravas seem to have changed partners.
I’ll make the segunda down in the great column right now.
CMLL (TUE) 10/16/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Sky Kid vs Èvola
2) Black Metal & Metatrón vs Demonio Maya & Ráfaga
3) Fuego, Starman, Triton vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Hooligan, Skándalo
4) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
5) Titán vs Pólvora [MEX WELTER]
Titan is champ. This is a rematch of the title change.
In addition to the main event, the semimain is a rematch of the trios title change.
AAA (SUN) 10/21/2012 Arena Coliseo Monterrey
***Arena Coliseo 57th Anniversary***
1) Antifaz del Norte, Big Neurosis, Rico Rodriguez vs Ángel Dorado, Dralion, Máscara Púrpura and Caifan, Difunto I, Rey Orion [Copa 57 Anniversary]
2) Monje Negro Jr., Pirata Morgan, Potro Jr. vs Gemelo Muerte I, Gemelo Muerte II, Super Parka
3) Cuervo, Espíritu, Ozz vs Héctor Garza, Hijo del Ninja, Humberto Garza
4) el Hijo del Perro Aguayo & Teddy Hart vs Jack Evans & La Parka
There may be brawling in the main event. And a foul. Oh, such a foul.
- AAA’s 3rd major show of the year, Heroes Inmortales VI, was a busy day for Halloween. Halloween subbed in the opener and won the mixed tag title with Mari Apache (but has yet to win Mari’s heart), then lost the main event and his hair in a domed cage match. Other outcomes intended to build to future shows include Jeff Jarrett humiliating LA Park, Texano winning Copa Antiono Pena over Mesias via foul, and Mini Charly Manson defeating Mascarita Dorada via foul. Joe Lider & Vampiro picked up the tag titles match over Abyss & Chessman in the other title change of the show. Building was said to be 75% full at bargain prices.
- AAA’s first Fusion taping took place. The show was more notable for being a TVC Deportes and having a totally different group of sponsors than the main show than any of the results. A new Infierno Rocker, Uro Rocker, debuted in the undercard. Texano and Mesias ran in each other’s matches. This show debut on TV tonight.
- AAA’s Arena Naucalpan taping took place in front of a loud crowd and set up matches for both Heroes Inmortales and the following week’s IWRG show, though both of those events have taken place before this taping has actually aired. This was the start of the Texano/Mesias feud, which appears destined to be the title match at Guerra de Titanes.
- Mercurio and Fantasy will meet in a mask match this Sunday. Diamante Azul and Volador are in the main event, after they had issues in last week’s match.
- Dragon Rojo defeated Prince Devitt to become double middleweight champion. Opinions of the match widly varied.
- Rayo de Jalisco Jr. took the money and didn’t run, no-showing a heavily promoted match in Arena Coliseo Monterrey. The promoters and opponent Blue Demon Jr. and buried him.
- After touring Japan for over a month and some CMLL weirdness, Dark Angel appears to be back in her home promotion without any interruption
- Ultimo Guerrero continues to have issues with now former partners Rey Escorpion and Dragon Rojo
- In IWRG, Comando Elite member Ryan won the IWRG Welterweight Championship, and Angel won the IWRG Middleweight Championship for a cage match.
- Magnus returned to CMLL, just before the second season of El Luchador debuts. He had been indefinitely suspended at the end of the first season.
- Another, totally separate reality show, “En Busca de un Idolo”, debuted on Fox Sports + in Mexico. This one follows the tournament of the same name from earlier this year, and seems to be explaining things which weren’t all that clear at the time. It would be a great help to the promotion, if it wasn’t on an obscure channel (which CMLL couldn’t even correctly identify) and airing months after the matches took place.
- Volador finally beat Prince Devitt when it didn’t matter.
- Perros del Mal ran a show, which was more notable for who didn’t wrestle (Hector Garza, mystery illiness), then anything that actually happened.
- Mistico won his first title, the Gimansio Nuevo Leon based “Lucha Libre Azteca Championship”. It’s a meaningless title that’s been ignored by CMLL so far.
- Super Muneco lost his hair in a cage match to Super Muneco.
- AYM advertised a FULL (Tinieblas Jr.) taping with CMLL wrestlers as “Lucha Libre AAA”. It’s a wonder they can manage to keep the channel on air.
- People keeping their titles: Virus, Cien Caras Jr., Mil Mascaras (!)
- Mask maker Kalery Avlador passed away.