taped 2012-09-25 @ Arena Mexico
LyC (SUN) 10/07/2012 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [LuchaMania Monterrey]
1) Chamaco Gurrola & Dark Fenix DQ Caballo Dorado & Extreme Boy
Dark Fenix took of his mask and tossed it to Caballo Dorado to draw the DQ.
2) El Dorado & Misionero b Dark Fenix & Gabanelli
Dark Fenix worked twice.
3) Hijo Del Mongol Chino & Mongol Chino Jr. b Gemelo Muerte I & Gemelo Muerte II and Bengali & Rey Apóstol
Rey Apostol replaced Bengali.
4) Arabe TLDRAW Galactar
15 minute draw
5) Monje Negro & Potro b Hijo de Kato Kung Lee & Humberto Garza
Canek Jr., Fishman Jr, and Kung Fu Jr. wrestled in Arena Pavillon del Norte instead, so this match was totally changed around (Canek/Fishman/Kato/Kung vs Difunto/Monje/Potro/Tigre) to a LUM vs ACM match. LUM team had Monjita and Hombre de Negro with them, and got away with fouls to win. Kato was said to be poor.
6) Blue Demon Jr. & Rico Rodriguez b Máscara Púrpura & Mongol Chino
Rayo de Jalisco Jr. did not show. Promoters – Roberto Figueroa & Aldo Farias – came to the ring to show the copies of flight itinerary and the deposit they put in Rayo’s bank account, putting the blame on Rayo for not showing. (They also mentioned Rayo Jr.’s real name.) Blue Demon criticized Rayo for not appearing, called him scared, and promised a match that would make the fans happy. Reviews say he delivered. Demon pinned Purpura for the win. Money thrown in the ring.
This show should air on Noches de Coliseo this upcoming weekend (and it’ll be here next Tuesday.) Since it’s the same people producing the TV show as who put on the show, I would expect the Rayo stuff will likely air.
AULL (SUN) 10/07/2012 Arena Lopez Mateos [Estrellas del Ring]
1) Aero Kid, Skull Clown, Yune b Black Storm, Sangre De Lobo, Sentencia
2) Lunatico, Olimpus, Rey Flecha b Arafath, Dement Extreme, Zargon
3) Dragosth, Gargola, Golden b Dark Misterio, Gemelo Fantastico I, Gemelo Fantastico II
4) Hombre sin Rostro, Leviatham, Samael, Tormento b Judas el Traidor, Kilvan, Rey Krimen, Ronny Ventura
Kilvan and Hombre sin Rostro didn’t want to fight each, then only fought with respect, annoying their rudo partners. Los Bastardos won with powerbombs on Kilvan and Ronny and a Tormento top rope splash. Rostro kept the other two wrestlers (Judas & Kilvan) outside, and they hinted he was joining the Bastardos now.
5) Epitafio, Negro Navarro, Trauma I, Trauma II b Chucho el Roto, Iron Love, Mr. Potro, Rocky Santana
Los Aliados (Iron Love, Chucho, Potro and Santana) fell apart with Rocky accidentally kicking Iron Love when breaking up a hold, Chucho sticking up for Iron Love but kicking Mr. Potro, and Negro & Trauma II taking advantage for pins. Sets up Roto/Love vs Potro/Rocky, possible for the tag titles.
Este Miércoles 10 de Octubre a las 8 PM el ESTRENO de AAA FUSIÓN en TVC Deportes http://t.co/cRPYOoTx— Tercera Caída (@terceracaida) October 9, 2012
It’s a one hour show, so they’ll have at least two weeks of shows (and need to tape again in a week or two.) No menti0n of which matches from the taping will air. I will guess minis and semimain. TVC Deportes has been putting up IWRG and Tercera Caida on YouTube of late, here’s hoping this shows up as well.
CMLL has a more interesting then usual Tuesday show. It’s not loaded with star power or sure great matches, and there’s no sense it’ll draw any better than usual, but it has a lot of stuff worth talking about. The odd main event are Invasors Kraneo, Olimpico and Psicosis vs Delta, Guerrero Maya and Shocker. As CMLL points out today, the tecnico trio was originally Team Charly in 2011’s Forjando un Idolo. Shocker was Maya and Delta’s mentor, doing a find job of looking interesting during matches. Shocker was supposed to team with the youngsters in the trios portion of the tournament, could not due to his knee injury, and was replaced due to Atlantis. Delta & Maya stuck with Atlantis after Shocker got cleared to return, which caused Shocker to debut Titan & Triton as his own youngsters for a feud that was quickly aborted due to issues with Shocker. (CMLL mentioned all of this, except why the feud didn’t go anywhere.) Throw in how Atlantis turned tecnico in the process of his new trio, and that’s about half of CMLL’s plotlines from the second half of last year, just because they were randomly assigned together. After all that drama, this is the first time they’ve all actually teamed up.
The big undercard match is a lightning match between Sombra and Volador. Those two have always been great against each other, and it seems unfair (to us!) to limit them to only 10 minutes. I’m actually rooting for the time limit draw here. CMLL’s not been airing the lightning matches on Tuesday, so this is a treat only for those who at the show. The rest of us might luck out later…
The show also has Magnus’ return to CMLL. It’s probably set up by the second season of el Luchador, which has finished taping but won’t start airing until next week. Magnus had his flaws in the ring –
I should track down the gif of when tried to shooting star press Guerrero Maya (I should remember which things he actually did) – but most of the crowd’s actual anger towards him was because he was obviously trying to be Mistico while he and the promotion were playing dumb about it. A year later, CMLL has it’s official Mistico replacement and has plenty of other fake replacement characters to draw that fire. Magnus can come back and play segunda Sin Cara all he wants, because the fans can’t be angry at everyone. He may get booed, but he’s not going to get booed any more than Hombre Bala and Super Halcon. (Also, I think Magnus may be in on the joke now; CMLL never does parody but the Twitter build to his return feels like one.)
Kaiser Sports has a big interview with Magnus about his return; as expected, he feels Dragon Lee stole his spot when he was gone (attributed both to firing at the end of El Luchador and the shoulder injury suffered in the tag match against Tiger) and is coming back for revenge. He’s amenable to being a rudo or a tecnico, he just wants to get Dragon Lee and Tiger. Magnus talks about wrestling in the US for a few months during his absence; he’s mentioned it before, but I don’t recall hearing about when it happened. Magnus explains he had all sorts of disadvantage – didn’t speak English well, US wrestling is slower and more robotic, and he was discriminated against -but he shut everyone’s mouths when he got to the ring. He’ll be looking to do the same thing today. He says he’s more relaxed now, not concerned if he’s booed or cheered.
Getting back to el Luchador, their website has plot descriptions for every episode. You’ll want to skip this paragraph if you don’t want spoilers. Shocker has a kid on the way, Felino has parenting and spouse issues, Rey Bucanero has the same, and Dragon Lee’s arc is based around En Busca de un Idolo. Two different shows for that, and for #porraTitan. One plot hinted at, but given away in a preview: Estrellita and Puma King are a couple. It reads like Magnus turns up by episode 5, the Felino/Puma/Tiger match we figured was for el Luchador is a part of episode 6, and Blanca particpating in the cage match is a source of tension with Felino by episode 7 which leads to talk of them separating in the last few episodes. Shocker’s final episodes are about his inability to commit and his feud with Mr. Niebla. Wonder if we might see that come back in the ring in December. Dragon Lee becoming Mistico happens in the final epsiode, and there’s not much said about the Busca tournament after his match with Puma King. There’s not a lot of Bucanero mentions in the second half of the season.
This isn’t part of the El Luchador actual show, but I like this commercial. Mr. Niebla and Zacarias in real life clip might explain those couple weeks where Peste Negra were angry with Mr. Niebla. This highlight reel of cranky Tony Salazar is also good.
AAA updated Juvi’s status. He was hurt in Copa Pena on Sunday, and the diagnosis is a second degree dislocated collarbone. I went looking to see what that meant, and the first good link I found amusingly illustrates the injury with a photo from a NOAH match. Juvi probably hurt it exactly as pictured! Second degree usually means rest for a week or two but no surgery. AAA announced Friday’s AAA TV taping, exactly as previously mentioned. Juvi’s not on that or any other card I have for next week, so he may not miss all that much (except painfree downtime.)
R de Rudo looks at the CMLL vs AAA War on the Internet. This is where I point out I get so much more out of the CMLL Twitter than the AAA one and even the people who run Twitter say judging accounts solely by the follower number is dumb. Also, anyone who RTs every positive message they get on Twitter with a two word tacked on reply – AAA’s Twitter go to move! – should be poked in the eye. You can pick which eye, I’m flexible, just stop being so annoying.
CMLL actually has a way to make money off their page (directing people to Ticketmaster.) If AAA doesn’t have one in their 3rd redesign of the year, then I don’t know why they bother. Both should do 100X more in that area then they do, but I’ve yelled about that so much times.
I also don’t know why AAA’s teasing a redesign. Just put it up when it’s ready. The only people who care about redesigns themselves are the web designers, everyone else just wants the content. You’re making a big deal about your plates, people just want to eat the food. In the meantime, if you’re a fan of AAA and want to know what happened at Heroes Inmortales or when this new TV show is airing, you’re not going to be able to find a silly clock on their website and you’re going to go off and do something probably not AAA related.
LuchawWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
- Lucha shirt designers Talavision are celebrating their sixth anniversary this Friday.
- The Ni Modo blog has a neat article on the evolution of mask maker Kalery. Even if you don’t feel like translating or reading Japanese, it’s fun just to look at how his mask signature evolved.
- There’s a Toryumon Mexico show this weekend. Has anyone seen a card? Never even saw a lineup for the last one…
- Simple Plan’s Mexico City concert included them stopping to do lucha libre spots.
- I have no context to this picture, but it’s a poor excuse for a ring.
- Black Terry needs to start wearing these glasses again.
Lucha Libre in Japan
NJPW officially announced it’s Super Junior Tournament, taking place on it’s tour from 10/21 to 11/04, with a PPV a week later on 11/11. They’d previous put out the poster for the tour, and the teams turned out to be exactly as hinted on the poster. It’s a single elimination tournament, not a league style, with the first round matches taking place on the tour opener. (The rest of the tour is miscellaneous tag matches.) The sole CMLL representative is Negro Casas, who teams with BUSHI (formerly IWRG and AJPW); their team is called Grupo Cibernetico. They’re scheduled to face TAKA Michinoku and Taichi in the first round, but Taichi has been doing a bit on Twitter where he’s threatening only returning to Japan for one show and heading right back to Mexico. To further the bit, Taichi and his friends suggested Namajague take his place. It’s probably still going to be Taichi. That tag match could go either way.
The Amapola/Leon match on Friday has been changed from a lightning match to for Leon’s REINA International Championship. Might still be under 10 minutes. I have no sense of Leon – good, bad, indifferent?
Leono & Senseo also replace Super Halcon & Hombre Bala. Maybe someone can introduce Leon to Leono!
CMLL (SUN) 10/14/2012 Arena Mexico
1) Metálico, Soberano Jr., Tigre Blanco vs Camorra, Inquisidor, Ramstein
2) Fuego, Mr. Cacao, Stuka Jr. vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Hijo del Signo, Skándalo
3) Goya Kong, León, Marcela vs La Seductora, Mima Shimoda, Zeuxis
4) Fantasy vs Mercurio [mask]
5) Blue Panther, Marco Corleone, Rush vs Negro Casas, Rey Escorpión, Tama Tonga
6) Volador Jr. vs Diamante Azul
We knew the two big matches previously, but this fills out the rest with CMLL’s co-promotions with NJPW (semimain), REINA (third match) and Cacao (second match.) Signo may be on Hooligan fill in duty. If they’re setting up Rush vs Tonga, we should know it by the end of this show.
CMLL (SUN) 10/14/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Tapatío vs Relampago Azul
2) El Divino & Indigo vs Demonio Rojo & Sádico
3) Halcón de Plata & Virgo vs Exterminador & Magnum
4) Eros, Esfinge, Infierno vs Espectrum, In Memoriam, Leo [Relevos Increíbles]
5) Dragón Rojo Jr., Ephesto, Felino vs Ángel de Oro, Diamante, Hijo del Fantasma
I still don’t know what happened in the Relevos Increibles last week, but it was enough to set up a rematch this week.
CMLL (MON) 10/15/2012 Arena Puebla
1) Blue Center & Dinámikoo vs Fuerza Chicana & Saurón
2) Asturiano, Stigma, Super Halcon Jr. vs Bobby Zavala, Espiritu Maligno, Siki Ozama Jr.
3) Astral vs Demus 3:16 [lightning]
4) Dark Angel, Lady Afrodita, León vs Amapola, Mima Shimoda, Princesa Blanca
5) Mistico vs Máscara Dorada, Valiente, Triton, La Máscara, Ángel de Oro, Averno, Dragón Rojo Jr., Niebla Roja, Euforia, Mephisto, Rey Escorpión [Reyes del Aire]
6) La Sombra vs Volador Jr.
Really great looking show. Sombra and Volador had a MOTY here 2 years ago and they’re better now.
Despite the sad absence of a certain headstanding man from Guadalajara, this version of the Reyes del Aire is the most loaded in terms of star power in the history of the competition. Triton and Niebla Roja are the lowest ranked guys here, when they would’ve been in the upper half in most years. Angel de Oro is going for his 3rd straight win in a row, though Mistico is the obvious favorite. Note Euforia & Niebla Roja are forced to team with Rey Escorpion & Dragon Rojo; that won’t end well.
10/06 Sobre el Ring (w/Angel de Oro): http://www.embedupload.com/?d=1IIMAGNZKD
10/06 CMLL En Busca de un Idolo (episode 2): http://www.sendspace.com/file/pzk0j8
CMLL on Fox Sports (Mexico): 2012-10-06
taped 2012-09-28 @ Arena Mexico
1) Blue Panther, Máscara Dorada, Rey Cometa vs Puma King, Sangre Azteca, Vangelis
2) Atlantis, Diamante Azul, Mistico vs Euforia, Rey Escorpión, Último Guerrero
CMLL on Televisa: 2012-10-06
taped 2012-09-28 @ Arena Mexico
1) Acero, Fantasy, Shockercito vs Mercurio, Pequeño Violencia, Pequeño Warrior
2) Prince Devitt vs Dragón Rojo Jr. for the NWA World Middleweight Championship
CMLL Guerreros del Ring on 52MX: 2012-10-06
taped 2012-09-30 @ Arena Coliseo
1) Dalis la Caribeña, Lady Afrodita, Marcela vs La Comandante, La Seductora, Lady Apache
2) Diamante, Hijo del Fantasma, Stuka Jr. vs Namajague, Shigeo Okumura, Taichi
3) Rey Bucanero, Tiger, Volador Jr. vs Blue Panther, La Máscara, Valiente
CMLL on CadenaTres: 2012-10-06
taped 2012-10-02 @ Arena Mexico
1) Molotov, Pegasso, Soberano Jr. vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Taurus
2) Estrellita, Goya Kong, Marcela vs Amapola, La Comandante, Princesa Blanca
3) Blue Panther, Diamante, Hijo del Fantasma vs Mephisto, Puma King, Vangelis
History of CMLL: Yaqui Joe
4) Diamante Azul, Shocker, Super Porky vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Volador Jr.
CMLL Guadalajara: 2012-10-06
taped 2012-10-02 @ Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Astral, Fantasy, Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pierrothito
2) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Valiente vs Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Olímpico
3) Atlantis, Mistico, Titán vs Averno, Pólvora, Último Guerrero
Lucha on AYM Sports: 2012-10-07 – this is the show that was listed as Lucha Libre AAA
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=5PDLHXFWKA – if it seems like they show the finish of the first match twice, that’s because they did.
taped 2012-09-21 @ Lienzo Charro Constituyentes
1) Octagoncito (original) vs Mini Cibernetico
2) Carregera & Estrellita vs Angel Black & La Comandante
3) El Hijo de Aníbal & Super Porky vs Dr. Cerebro & Scorpio Jr.
4) Atlantis, Hijo de Mascara Sagrada, Tinieblas Jr. vs El Hijo del Medico Asesino, Mr. Niebla, Pirata Morgan
Noches de Coliseo: 2012-10-07
taped 2012-09-30 @ Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Chamaco Gurrola, Gemelo Muerte I, Gemelo Muerte II vs Dark Fenix, Kratoz, Rey Orion
2) Gato Fantasma & Pimpinela Escarlata vs Genocida & Yuriko
3) Antifaz del Norte, Hator, Rico Rodriguez vs Dralion, Super Parka, Toscano
4) Blue Demon Jr., Rayo de Jalisco Jr., Súper Muñeco vs Héctor Garza, Hijo del Ninja, Humberto Garza Jr.
CMLL Sin Piedad: 2012-10-07
taped 2012-09-24 @ Arena Puebla
1) Astral, Pequeño Halcón, Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
2) Hijo del Fantasma vs Ephesto in a lightning match
3) Delta, Fuego, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Misterioso Jr., Pólvora, Virus
4) Prince Devitt, Super Porky, Titán vs Euforia, Mr. Niebla, Niebla Roja
IWRG Zona XXI: 2012-10-07
taped 2012-10-07 @ Arena Naucalpan
1) La Parkita & Voladorcito vs Bracito De Plata & Coquito Naranja
2) Centvrión, Freelance, Gipsy vs Alan Extreme, Imposible, La Sádica
3) Eterno vs Rayan for the IWRG Intercontinental Welterweight Championship
4) Freyser, Pirata Morgan, Tony Rivera vs Cien Caras Jr., Heddi Karaoui, Zumbido
pre-cage match interviews
5) Veneno vs Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Oficial AK47, Factor, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, el Ángel, Violencia Jr., Carta Brava Jr. I, Carta Brava Jr., Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. for the IWRG Intercontinental Middleweight Championship
AAA on Televisa (Regional): 2012-10-07 – only one new match
taped 2012-09-16 @ Centro Civico de Ecatepec, EdM
3) Alebrije, Fenix, Samurai del Sol vs Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker