CMLL (MON) 10/01/2012 Arena Puebla [Fuego en el Ring, Porra Fresa (title)]
1) Ares & Policeman b Dinámikoo & Tigre Rojo Jr.
Veteran rudos beat the young tecnicos in falls 2/3. Tigre made a couple of errors.
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Stigma, Super Halcon Jr. b Apocalipsis, Artillero, Súper Comando
Tecnicos took 2/3, Bala beating Super Comando.
3) Diamante, Starman, Triton b Arkángel de la Muerte, Siki Ozama Jr., Skándalo
Siki Osama replaced Hooligan, Diamante replaced Angel Azteca. Tecnicos took 2/3, dropped landing his tornillo moonsault on Arkange.
4) Namajague, Shigeo Okumura, Taichi b Ángel de Oro, Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr.
Rudos took 2/3, Namajague pinning Angel de Oro.
5) Virus b Fuego [CMLL SL]
Virus took 1/3 to keep the title in the best match of the night. Skandalo and Triton were seconds. Money was thrown in the ring after the match.
6) La Máscara, Máscara Dorada, Mistico b Black Warrior, Dragón Rojo Jr., Rey Escorpión
Tecnicos took 2/3, Mistico pinning Dragon after dropping the first fall to him.
Guerrero Maya Jr., Horuz, and Niebla Roja are among those who have posted condolence messages after the death of mask maker Kalery Alvarado. He passed away due to complications from heart disease.
With little advance notice, TVC Deportes aired an AAA show last night. It wasn’t the Fusion show, but a Terceca Caida from TripleMania. The Fusion show has not yet aired.
There was a contract signing/press conference for Saturday’s show at Arena Lopez Mateos. Main event is Mil Mascaras defending his IWA title versus Hijo del Solitario, and Trio Fantasia vs Black Terry, Scorpio Jr., and Shu el Guerrero in a cage match where the loser loses hair or mask. They’re pushing it coming down to Super Muneco and Shu el Guerrero, though it almost certainly will not.
From IWRG, Cien Caras Jr. challenges Mascara Sagrada and Carta Brava vs Carta Brava.
Rob has the top 5 spots of the week, highlights from AAA March 96, and AAA April 97.
CMLL (MON) 10/08/2012 Arena Puebla
1) Black Tiger & Lestat vs King Jaguar & Siki Ozama Jr.
2) Acero, Fantasy, Shockercito vs Mercurio, Pequeño Olímpico, Pierrothito
3) Metatrón, Stuka Jr., Triton vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
4) Diamante vs Misterioso Jr. [lightning]
5) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Hijo del Fantasma vs Negro Casas, Puma King, Tiger
6) Diamante Azul, La Sombra, Rush vs Mr. Águila, Psicosis, Volador Jr.
Tercera looks really good. A few matches here do.
CMLL (TUE) 10/09/2012 Arena Mexico
1) Aereo & Pequeño Halcón vs Pequeño Universo 2000 & Pequeño Violencia
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Magnus, Super Halcon Jr. vs Apocalipsis, Inquisidor, Zayco
3) Ángel Azteca Jr., Metatrón, Molotov vs Artillero, Hijo del Signo, Súper Comando
4) Ángel de Oro, La Máscara, Rey Cometa vs Black Warrior, Niebla Roja, Puma King
5) La Sombra vs Volador Jr. [lightning]
6) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Shocker vs Kráneo, Olímpico, Psicosis
Magnus returns! And possibly thinks the Gen11 vs opening guys feud is still going! And then is vastly confused by the rest of this card.
Here’s the thing – the biggest match on the show is Sombra vs Volador. I don’t care if it’s 10 minutes, no time limit, or 90 seconds, that’s the only main event here. The actual main event is only the main event because someone’s decided the Invasors are worthy (Tuesday) main eventers and Niebla and Puma are not. That someone works in CMLL, the fans don’t see them as any bigger of deal. They do see Sombra and Volador as a big deal.
(I’m not sure you should be doing Sombra vs Volador without a set up ever, too.)
The underdcard doesn’t quite make sense. I am happy for the Peleton de Terror getting to a tercera but Azteca and Metatron barely exist. This would be Angel Azteca Jr.’s first DF match since June, and Metatron’s first since July. Meanwhile, Estrellita and Princesa Blanca very much seemed set for a title match this Tuesday and are nowhere to be seen. My assumption is the women’s match is yet to be announced – maybe there’s a secret press conference today? maybe they wanted to make sure Estrellita was healthy for the match – and things are about to get radically reshuffled. And that might mean no Magnus after all…