CMLL (THU) 09/27/2012 Arena Afición [Crtierio Hidalgo, HidalgoSport]
1) Jaguar b Sable
2) Arenita & Henry b Genio Rojo & Guerrero Mixtico
3) Camaleón, Flayer, Robin b Cholo, Estruendo, Flecha
4) Fuego, Stuka Jr., Triton b Cancerbero, Raziel, Skándalo
Tecnicos took 1/3, excessive violence DQ in the third.
5) Atlantis, La Máscara, Mistico b Averno, Mephisto, Último Guerrero
Averno replaced Volador, making this the first time he’s faced Mistico. Tecnicso took 2/3. The two reports strongly disagreed on Mistico’s performance – one saying he was much improved, one saying he did not do much.
CMLL (FRI) 09/28/2012 Arena Mexico [Estrellas del Ring, Kaiser Sports (rest), Kaiser Sports (title)]
1) Leono & Metálico b Taurus & Zayco
Tecnicos took 1/3. Metalico, just returned from a broken leg, injuried his leg leg in this match. He was screaming in pain in the ring. Early report was a torn ligament.
2) Acero, Fantasy, Shockercito b Mercurio, Pequeño Violencia, Pequeño Warrior
Acero is the new name for Nino de Acero. Tecnicos took 1/3, Fantasy pulling Mercurio’s mask and pinning him. They both talked about the mask match on the mic in the ring after teh match.
3) Blue Panther, Máscara Dorada, Rey Cometa b Puma King, Sangre Azteca, Vangelis
Tecnicso won 1/3. Cometa led a quick first fall win, and Panther submitted Sangre in the third.
4) Máximo b Taichi [lightning]
Maximo won in 8 minutes, threatened to shave Taichi again.
5) Atlantis, Diamante Azul, Mistico b Euforia, Rey Escorpión, Último Guerrero
Tecnicos took 2/3. Guerreros fell apart in the third fall and Euforia & UG stomped Escorpion after the match.
6) Dragón Rojo Jr. b Prince Devitt [NWA MIDDLE]
Seconds were Mascara Dorada (Devitt) and Tony Salazar (Dragon Rojo). Rojo took 2/3 to win the title and become double middleweight champion.
Dragon Rojo says he wants to defend the titles in Japan versus Devitt or Lyger, or facing Lyger in a mask vs mask match. Tony Salazar’s presence in the title match is unusual. Salazar probably was there to act as translator during the match. They could (but didn’t) explain it as the other Guerreros being too busy fighting to second him.
Dragon Rojo is not horrible, but it seems like there should be people who made more sense beating Devitt and winning title. Admittedly, when you start looking at the list of rudos right now, it’s a bit harder to figure: if Volador and Averno couldn’t win it, then – Mephisto? Negro Casas? Rey Escorpion? Euforia? Maybe the larger problem is the lack of new top rudos who can be taken seriously. CMLL’s moved up a lot of tecnicos, but only Tiger, Euforia and Rey Escorpion on the rudo side.
The big news for AAA’s TV taping was an IWRG development – Psycho Clown pinned Cien Caras Jr. in a midcard match, and the two will now meet for at Cien’s IWRG Heavyweight title next Thursday. The main event teased a different heavyweight title match, as Texano pinned Mesias and asked for his own shot.They were less clear on when that might happen. This past week’s TV greatly rewrite story of El Consejo, with Silver King revealing he was behind the group all along and was now the offical leader, reducing Toscano & Texano to the roles of trios lackeys (who then started to look dumb for jumping to AAA.) Mesias vs Texano would veer them back in the other direction. More notes after AAA’s recap gets posted.
- DTU will open a new arena in Tulancingo on 10/19, hoping to run shows every two weeks.
- Porra Fresa looks at Stigma’s ascent and suggest CMLL make him more of a Puebla hero.
- Cronicas Y Leyendas looks back at Perro & Konnan’s partnership.
- Segunda Caida watches more Pirata Morgan.
Lucha Libre in Japan
4) Ricky Marvin b Taiji Ishimori
5) Super Crazy b Atsushi Kotoge
CMLL (FRI) 10/05/2012 Arena Mexico
1) Camaleón & Stigma vs Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Sensei, Super Halcon Jr. vs Bobby Zavala, Disturbio, Hijo del Signo
3) Delta vs Tiger [lightning]
4) Guerrero Maya Jr., Sagrado, Valiente vs Namajague, Shigeo Okumura, Taichi
5) La Máscara, La Sombra, Mistico vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Euforia, Rey Escorpión
6) Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas vs Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush
Main event is trios champs versus possible contenders (perhaps ones who were supposed to get a shot a few weeks ago.) Title match probably is a few weeks away if it happens.
Dragon Rojo was trying to be peacemaker last time he was seen in the Guerreros feud, but probably will pick a side by the end of the semimain.
Leyenda de Azul is 10/12. Here’s a promo to prove it.