CMLL (TUE) 09/25/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Espectrum & Èvola b Black Metal & Halcón de Plata
2) Bárbaro Cavernario & Disturbio b Leo & Stigma
3) Pólvora, Puma King, Skándalo b Gallo, Rey Cometa, Starman
Very Cometa/King focused with the other guys not doing much. Puma won with a powerbomb.
4) La Sombra, Rush, Valiente b Dragón Rojo Jr., Euforia, Rey Escorpión
Euforia replaced Mr. Aguila. Tecincos won, but rudos stormed the ring after the match and took Valiente’s mask.
5) Volador Jr. b Prince Devitt
Volador won clean with a backcracker. Mije helped out early, finished sounded clean.
Volador vs Prince Devitt I: no Mije, Volador lost
Volador vs Prince Devitt II: no Mije, Volador lost
Volador vs Prince Devitt III: Mije there and Volador wins.
AAA sent out the Heroes Inmortales lineup, which is exactly as the local newspaper had about three weeks ago (except they know how to spell Atomic Boy.) The superlatives are overwhelming in this one: Silver King, Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. and Jeff Jarrett are “the three best rudos of the day” (what a terrible day) and the 12 wrestlers in Copa Antonio Pena “want to have the opportunity to honor Antonio Pena.” Toscano & Texano are in that match, I’m pretty sure their gimmick is the opposite.
Chessman, hyping the Heroes Inmortales card, is unsure why Lider is getting another shot for the tag belts, or why he picked such a lousy partner. The article mentions the AAA & the local promoter made sure public transportation would be running after the show, which is a help given how late into the night that show will run.
I will not get to AAA TV until tonight, but I guess the announcers been saying Heroes Inmortales is on 10/05. All the advertising says 10/07. It’s actually 10/07.
Mercurio vs Fantasy, mask vs mask, will take place on 10/14 at Arena Mexico. CMLL held contract signing yesterday, with both guys giving usual quotes. They’re pushing experience (Fantasy) versus youth (Mercurio), which probably means bad news for the experienced guy when CMLL is push all new stars. Fantasy had been a fringe guy on the roster until about the last year, as well. Fantasy refers it to as a (the?) celebration of 20 years of Pequeno Estrellas. Mercurio’s hometown was mentioned as Monterrey, which is at least the third different hometown he’s given. Panico said they’re still putting together the lineup and don’t know where the match will be on the card, suggesting it could be the main event. It will not be a main event. Astral/Pequeno Nitro was the fourth match, which is the most likely spot for this one.
CMLL usually has a press conference in the next week or so. (They’ve got all the usual material ready: foreign people visiting, other people leaving, tournament to talk about, groups breaking up and/or forming.) They could’ve just waited until that to announce this match, but maybe they wanted to make sure we knew they were actually going to have the match despite not booking them together this week.
AAA will interview La Parka tonight on a webcast. Ask him if he he bought his son a new bike after Cibernetico broke his old one. Also, is Taboo alive?
Mr. Cacao says he’ll be back in CMLL in October.
LuchaWorld has a recap of this week’s AAA’s TV
Rob has highlights of 01/23/12 CMLL Puebla
Bill already has highlights of 09/23/12 IWRG
- Latin Lover, who recently had his appendix taken out, is back in the hospital due to an infection from the surgery.
- Mini Abismo Negro worked a match in Zacatecas this weekend.
- Mistico, who says he’s going to Japan ‘soon’, says even if 20% of the fans are supporting him, he’s going to go out for them full time. (He doesn’t think only 20% are, though, just he’s not worried about people booing him.)
- Guadalajara’s Esfinge reveals he’s the son of local wrestler Magnum, is dieting hard for the bodybuilding expo.
- Odd show has AAA’s Juvi (teaming with his father and working in as a rudo) in the main event and CMLL’s Comandante and Marcela in the semimain.
- The lineup for Titan vs Black Metal.
- IWL is promoting the return of Mad Man Pondo in October, which I guess means they’re running a show in October.
- Looks like the latest version of Hector Garza Angeles Rebeldes will debut on the next Perros del Mal show.
CMLL (TUE) 10/02/2012 Arena Mexico
1) Freesbe & Robin vs Cholo & Inquisidor
2) Molotov, Pegasso, Soberano Jr. vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Taurus
3) Estrellita, Goya Kong, Marcela vs Amapola, La Comandante, Princesa Blanca
4) Stuka Jr. vs Niebla Roja [lightning]
5) Blue Panther, Diamante, Hijo del Fantasma vs Mephisto, Puma King, Vangelis
6) Diamante Azul, Shocker, Super Porky vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Volador Jr.
Shocker is back! The injury seems to have healed in exactly two weeks, how about that.
Still figuring on Estrellita/Blanca on 10/09
Taurus makes a quick jump to the second match. Maybe he worked with Soberano before? Can’t find a lineup.