taped 2012-09-02 @ Arena Mexico
AAA TVCD (SUN) 09/30/2012 Sala de Armas Magdalena Mixhuca
1) Cinthia Moreno, Fabi Apache, Lolita vs Jennifer Blake, Sexy Lady, Sexy Star
2) Dinastía, Mascarita Dorada, Octagoncito vs Mini Charly Manson, Mini Histeria, Mini Psycho Clown
3) Aerostar, Drago, Fenix, Samurai del Sol vs ?, Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker
the fourth rudo is a Rocker TBA
4) Cibernético, Cuervo, El Mesías vs Daga, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Halloween
5) Dr. Wagner Jr. & LA Park vs Silver King & Texano Jr.
Announced by AAA, a show for TVC Deportes. Perros del Mal hasn’t been on in months (last new episode in February) and Todos x el Todos (no show since June and no sign of a new one), so TVC Deportes has some openings for other wrestling programming. AAA having a second TV show has been talked about for a long time; this looks more like a traditional show than they tournaments they did with Fox Sports.
This is a regular Perros del Mal location, which suggests this is meant to replace that show. AAA’s probably more capable of pulling off tapings more regularly; Perros del Mal are just barely running shows with advertising ahead of them. No details on when this will air yet; wild guess 10/04, 10/11 and 10/18 with a next taping somewhere (Arena Aficion?) in that second week of October.
(Puebla is listed on the TVC Deportes schedule after all, so perhaps there’s two version of the show being aired. I don’t know.)
AAA draws very well in Mexico City and around it, but this will be their fifth taping in the metro area in two months (TripleMania, the Expo, Ecatepec and Naucalpan are in the suburbs.) If this was the US, this would be a significant problem, because you’d be drawing from the same lot of people, but I get the sense it’s much more rare to travel around to all these shows.
The matches themselves seem separate from any ongoing storylines, playing off current feuds but with no obvious advancement, like something you’d get at a loaded spot show. Tercera is the standout match; the surprise Rocker could be Heavy Metal and it still would be great.
As far as I can figure, the only other time Wagner & Park have been a 2 man team on TV was a Lucha Libre Azteca show in 2005. That’s a pretty strong hook for a debut show.
Not sure at all what’s going on with various international tours. Aerostar & Daga are obviously not booked for Columbia right now. I just read a Box Y Lucha interview with Dinastia where he talked about going to Japan in September, still not mentioning the promotion, and it seems unlikely if he’s working this TV taping.
AAA TV (FRI) 09/28/2012 Arena Naucalpan
1) Atomic Boy, Fabi Apache, Lolita vs Gran Apache, Jennifer Blake, Mari Apache
2) Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker vs Fenix, Freelance, Samurai del Sol
Freelance is represents IWRG
3) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Cien Caras Jr., Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Trauma I
Trauma’s team represents IWRG.
4) Daga, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Teddy Hart vs Jack Evans, Juventud Guerrera, Ozz
5) Dr. Wagner Jr., El Mesías, La Parka vs Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Texano Jr., Toscano
Air Date: 10/06 is best guess.
Five trios match, but some interesting outside guys being used.
Not totally sure how the crowd is going to in the main event. Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. was an IWRG guy and La Parka might not get over to that crowd. They’ll cheer Wagner.
Ozz seems elevated to the semimain main event to take losses, which is actually a better use of Ozz then they’ve had in a while. The cage match for Heroes Inmortales should be announced either right before or right after this trios match, because it sets it up well.
The IWRG trios are all having their debut match on AAA TV. Trauma I is a Perro del Mal elsewhere, not sure if it’ll come up here. The Psycho Circus are a fine match for the other two, but Trauma I would be more fun in the second match.
Samurai del Sol will be on three straight TV episodes (he was on the Expo show as well), though there’s no telling if he’ll ever show up on the national show. Not being on Heroes Inmortales suggests the schedule just worked out that way and he may or may have a full time role, but it’s still neat to see. They’ve done a good job of putting the Inferno Rockers with people who will be good competition.
This is Freelance‘s debut on AAA TV. If you haven’t seen him, he looks and wrestles a lot like Neza Kid from last year’s Arena Neza dark match.
Opener should set up the mixed tag for SLP.
AAA TV (SUN) 09/16/2012 Centro Civico de Ecatepec, EdM [AAA (via R de Rudo), Black Terry Jr. (flickr)]
1) Mini Charly Manson & Mini Histeria b Dinastía & Mascarita Dorada
Manson pinned Dorada with feet on the ropes, continuing their feud.
2) Gran Apache & Mari Apache b Cuervo & Fabi Apache
Halloween interfered many times to help the Apaches to win. This was explained after the match, where Halloween offered flowers to Mari Apache and said he was in love with her. Mari turned him down. Halloween was very sad.
3) Devil Rocker, Machine Rocker, Soul Rocker b Alebrije, Fenix, Samurai del Sol
Inferno Rockers kept their win streak going.
4) Chessman, Halloween, Psicosis b Cibernético, Héctor Garza, Ozz
Chessman speared Ozz for the win, then Perro and Konnan called the tecnicos (especially Garza) names.
5) Dr. Wagner Jr., Electroshock, Jack Evans b Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Silver King, Teddy Hart
Wagner Driver on Teddy Hart for the win. The big news was prematch, where Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. debuted a new mascot – Ke Changuito!
Air Date: let’s go with 09/30, although everything is fluid. By airing the top matches this past Saturday on the main show, that means the previous 2 taping Tampico show has been but to 1 (due to TripleMania running long) and everything else shifts up a week until the next time plans change. It also means they’d have to tape Heroes Inmortales on a Sunday to air on the following Saturday.
With the new setup, only the two main events should be expected to air on the national show. The undercard sounds excellent, but will only air on the regional show (and probably should be, since the stuff in the main even is how they’re selling Heroes Inmortales.) This pattern changes if they have a two taping show, but that doesn’t seem likely until SLP.
A lot of patriotic colors on display for this show, as you’d expect for the holiday weekend.
It seems like they’re setting up Dorada vs Manson as a apuesta match down the line. They haven’t gotten to mask pulling yet, so it’s way down the line. (Like March or June.)
Black Terry hadn’t gotten thru the main event pictures yet, so you’re stuck with only the shot from AAA’s Twitter on the Consejo monkey. My official position is it’s hilarious they’d have their own fake Monito (and it’s probably Trolly in the gear), but they’re apparently getting enough negative reaction to push back on it on Twitter and Facebook today.
I have not gotten to this week’s TV, but the Mari Apache & Halloween bit appears to have come from left field. (And goes right back there, as they’re not teamed up in any upcoming match.) It can’t be worse than Fabi Apache and Cuervo, who did not show any romantic chemistry in the interview from Tercera Caida.
Next taping is 09/28 in Naucalpan. Lineup, with a few familiar IWRG names, will be up shortly.
IWRG (SUN) 09/16/2012 Arena Naucalpan [IWRG]
1) Infierno Kid Jr. b Serpiente de Oro
The ever changing rules of IWRG opener are “one fall” for the moment. Easy win for Infierno Kid.
2) Carta Brava Jr., Imposible, Rayan b Centvrión, Dinamic Black, Saruman
Rayan replaced Matrix Jr.
3) Chicano b Cerebro Negro [WWS WELTER]
Chicano came in as champion, with Imposible as his second. Centvrion worked the opposite corner. Both got involved in the third fall. Chicano survived to powerbomb and plancha Cerbero for the win (2/3) Cerebro Negro gave him credit for the clean win.
4) Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro b Alan Extreme, Black Terry, Temerario Infernal [EdM Trios]
Oficials came in as champs. Temerarios tookin the first, Oficials took the second. In the third, AK-47 beat Alan Extreme with the Devil’s Wings and Bombero pinned Fierro after a spear. AK-47 took out Bombero with a tope and hurt his knee in the process, leaving 911 and Black Terry alone while the ref checked out the injury. Alan ran back in to hit 911 with a chair, but before Black Terry could cover, Fierrero dropped Terry with a backcracker. 911 crawled on top to keep the titles. Temerarios demanded a rematch.
5) Bestia 666, Damián 666, Eterno b Hijo de LA Park, Negro Navarro, Trauma II
Navarro replaced Fresero Jr. FdT took 1/3. Hijo de LA Park did not get along with his partners from the start and laid down in the third fall for Eterno to beat him. It still took an unseen foul on Navarro from Bestia 666 to give the rudos the win.
6) Hijo de Pirata Morgan b Trauma I, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 [IWRG JUNIORS]
Pirata put the Rey de Ring title on the line, Trauma I put his mask, and Hijo de Mascara Ano 2000 put his Junior titles on the line. Trauma I escaped the match after Mascara splashed Pirata Morgan and Trauma beat Mascara (with lots of interference from Morgan.) Hijo de Pirata Morgan used his Perla Negra (said to be a reinera variant) to submit Mascara and win the Juniors title. Mascara argued he got the ropes, but was ignored.
- Chucho el Roto & Iron Love lost their AULL tag titles in Costa Rica.
- Blue Demon, Rayo de Jalisco and Super Muneco are headed to Monterrey.
- Bajos Las Capuchas posted a complete version of SuperLuchas (first version) #41. All the latest news from December 1991!
- Ursus lost his hair to Perro del Ring in a Arena Queretearo hair match between masked wrestlers.
- The Gladiatores interviews AAA artist Oscar Garcia. He’s said to be responsible for the posters, which have looked better of late.
Lucha Libre in Japan
09/17 Stardom: Dark Angel b Kyoko Kimura [5STAR GP]
– if Dark Angel wins her final match on 09/30, she advances to the final. A CMLL luchador has an actual chance to make a final! It’s too bad they won’t mention this.
09/17 NOAH: Super Crazy [O] & Ricky Marvin b Yoshinobu Kanemaur & Genba Hirayanagi [X] [JH TAG tournament]
– Marvin & Crazy have the same situation; one match left, and if they win, they go to the final.
09/17 ZERO1: Takafumi Ito, Phil Boyd [O], Jason New, Robbie Heart, Tim Edison b Sicodelico Jr., Daichi Hashimoto, Craig Classic, Yoshikazu Yokoyama, Ho Ho Lung [X]
09/17 WNC: Hajime Ohara b Hijo del Pantera
Pantera just can’t beat Ohara, like Ohara against Ultimo Dragon.
CMLL (SUN) 09/23/2012 Arena Coliseo
1) Camaleón & Freesbe vs Apocalipsis & Inquisidor
2) Höruz, Leono, Metálico vs Cancerbero, Hooligan, Nosferatu
3) Aereo, Fantasy, Shockercito vs Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pierrothito
4) Fuego vs Sangre Azteca [lightning]
5) Diamante, Hijo del Fantasma, Super Porky vs Ephesto, Morphosis, Negro Casas
6) Diamante Azul, Marco Corleone, Prince Devitt vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Volador Jr.
First match for Sangre Azteca in a month, following a knee injury.
CMLL (SUN) 09/23/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Azteca de Oro & Javier Cruz Jr. vs Sádico & Thunder Boy
2) El Divino & Virgo vs Demonio Maya & Magnum
3) Esfinge vs In Memoriam
4) Metatrón & Sagrado vs Exterminador & Maléfico
5) Rush & Titán vs Euforia & Mephisto
Singles match is a rematch of the cage match result.