CMLL (MON) 09/10/2012 Arena Puebla [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Fuerza Chicana, Policeman, Siki Ozama Jr. b Ares, Centauro de Fuego, Saurón
Centauro de Fuego’s first match since April.
2) Gallo, Leono, Metálico b Apocalipsis, Cholo, Nosferatu
Gallo replaced Soberano, won in his debut.
3) Amapola, La Seductora, Princesa Sugheit b Lady Afrodita, Luna Mágica, Marcela
Amapola led her team to win, challenged Marcela for a title match for next week.
4) Virus b Fuego [lightning]
5) Mistico, Titán, Valiente b Ephesto, Euforia, Mephisto
A much more successful match for Mistico this time.
6) Terrible b Diamante Azul [CMLL HEAVY]
Seconds were Comandante and Mistico. Terrible kept his title.
I want to make fun of Amapola & Marcela having another title match. I can’t. After all the bad women’s match of late, I want that to be the only women’s match they do.
As you might have noticed from the earlier video post (or can check out in full on LuchaWorld), CMLL has started airing Arena Puebla in the US. It turned up this Sunday on the Estrellas TV network. The network is the same deal as LATV, broadcasting on local (usually digital) channels, but it’s different in that every network seems to be on it’s own schedule. Here outside Chicago, it aired on Sunday from 4pm local to 6pm, and it sounded like that was generally the time elsewhere. Last week, it was listed on the programming grid as “Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre” (same as the LATV show), but the channel grid was off by an hour. It is not on the grid from my local channel right now, but the announcers were hyping this Terrible vs Diamante Azul as airing on the show this weekend.
(As with other stations, there’s no mention of CMLL on EstrellaTV’s website, and no programming grid.)
As far as I know, Puebla will continue to air on TVC Deportes with a different production crew, as has happened the last few times Puebla has popped up on 52MX. Two different production crews covering Arena Puebla, what a thing. This would bring a total of 9.5 hours of televised CMLL each week, and another 2.5 hours on the web, though some matches are being shown twice. One of CMLL’s main revenue sources seems to be “selling TV rights to
If that’s not enough TV for you, IWRG says their functions will be broadcast live, though they give absolutely no details beyond that. In the past, the Gladiadores have done live radio broadcasts of IWRG shows, but those have been rare this year.
Fuego en el Ring has In Memoriam’s full name as “José Manuel Campos Ornelas”. They also mention Barbaro beat Smaker in a pairs match on Sunday’s card (via foul), then challenged him for a title rematch. It doesn’t seem in the cards yet.
Today’s CMLL changes are only in the segunda, where the original segunda of Camaleon, Molotov, Sensei vs Bobby Zavala, Disturbio, and Inquisidor is now Bengala, Molotov, Tigre Balnco vs Artillero, Inquisidor, and Super Comando. That’s four subs, though they did make the change on the website and on the preview. This show is almost all guys who will not be working Friday’s Anniversary show.
AAA announced they’ll be taping on 09/28 in Arena Naucalpan. That’s a Friday night, which usually means no Thursday night IWRG (and TVC Deportes will be using one of the Sunday tapings.) Crowd have been great whenever AAA tapings in Arena Naucalpan. Lineup will probably be out early next week.
- Crazy Star talks about her trip to Japan. She mentions her current trainers as Arkangel and Okumura (?)
- Publimetromx had a ustream interview with Rush, Terrible, Rey Cometa and Puma King.
- IWRG interviews their Carta Brava.
- Alebrije wants revenge on the Inferno Rockers.
- Cronicas Y Leyends has Luis Mariscal unmasked.
Lucha Libre in Japan
NJPW announced Mascara Dorada, Averno and Felino would be heading to KAIENTA DOJO (which I confused with Michinoku last night) from 09/20-09/23. Dorada & Avenro will be off the NJPW shows for that stretch, and have a singles match on one of the show. They’ll also have a singles match on NJPW’s show at US army base, but it doesn’t look like they’ll be doing a title match.
NJPW has an ongoing relationship with KAIENTAI DOJO, much like the one they have with CMLL, so it’s interesting to see the three groups working together and it’d be nice if it led to more. There are plenty of guys in CMLL who would do well in Japan in but are too far down the depth chart to get a serious run in NJPW any time soon and need a smaller promotion to have a chance. Triton, for example, has a slim chance of making a FantasticMania show and no more than, but would be work great as the lucha guy in KAIENTAI DOJO.
CMLL (SUN) 09/16/2012 Arena Mexico
1) Oro Jr. & Robin vs Akuma & Guerrero Negro Jr.
2) Fuego, Pegasso, Triton vs Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
3) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Super Porky vs Black Warrior, Misterioso Jr., Olímpico
4) Sagrado vs Tiger [lightning]
5) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Prince Devitt vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Rey Escorpión, Taichi
6) Atlantis & Diamante Azul vs Felino & Mr. Niebla [CMLL TAG]
Atlantis & Diamante Azul are the champs
Third straight Sunday Arena Mexico show. They haven’t drawn especially well, but that never stops CMLL. If you’re looking for a title match they could run next week, the semimain could set up a rematch for the trios titles or (gasp) Rojo & Escorpion challenging Devitt for his title.
Seems like a slightly more full show than usual – that segunda would be a tercera most weeks, and nearly a semimain on some recent Tuesdays. Sagrado/Tiger feels like it should be lower, but it lets them run the three TV matches together.
This is the sixth lightning match for Sagrado in the last two months, out of twenty one total. That’s 28%, or 35% if you take out the women’s matches. No one else has appeared more than twice. Sagrado, human dividing line, has beat Niebla Roja & Polvora, and lost to Mephisto, Rey Escorpion, Euforia. That’s neatly a group of guys who are midcarders and guys who are near the top. Which group is Tiger in?
CMLL (SUN) 09/16/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Yaki vs Gran Kenut
2) El Divino & Sky Kid vs Èvola & Thunder Boy
3) Black Metal & Virgo vs Espectrum & Rey Trueno
4) Esfinge, Gallo, Smaker vs Exterminador, In Memoriam, Maléfico
5) Hijo del Fantasma & La Sombra vs Mr. Águila & Vangelis
Vangelis in a main event! (This is not a strong rudo side.)
Note none of Rey Cometa, Puma King, Rush and Terrible are on these four cards. Maybe they’ll hold them off until next Friday?
DTU (SUN) 09/23/2012 Unidad Deportiva Fortin de las Flores, Veracruz
1) Hades, Halcon Infenral, Infierno Negro vs Angel Negro, Sombra Negra, Vengador
Josaga trainee match
2) Lucky Boy & Niño de Ébano vs Angel Del Misterio & Extreme Boy and Kaleth & Lanzeloth
3) Hacker, Jhonky, Jorque Quebrada, Slayer Pack vs ?, Angel Del Futuro, Caballero Blanco, Spider Boy
Angel de Futoro’s team represents Josaga
4) Hormiga vs Flamita, Eterno, Principe Halcon, Triblal, Rocky Lobo, ?
mystery person is an international. Listed as Lucha de Alto Impacto; may be for the vacant Alto Impacto championship
5) Arange De Plata, Pequeno Cobra, Sexy Star, Terremoto Negro vs Black Fire, Crazy Star, Nino Hamburguesa, Paloma Rouse
6) Paranoiko & Rebelde Punk vs Casanova & Perro Mocho Jr.
7) Argos & Semental vs Ciclope & X-Fly and Drastik Boy & Pesadilla
Consejo’s debut in the promotion.