CMLL (TUE) 09/04/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Évola & Sádico b El Divino & Virgo
2) Sky Kid b Disturbio
Sky Kid pulled the upset.
3) Amapola & Princesa Blanca b Lady Afrodita & Marcela
moved to the tercera. Afrodita made her GDL debut as a fill in for Dark Angel (who was never actually going to be here.)
4) Gallo, Smaker, Stuka Jr. DQ Artillero, Maléfico, Súper Comando
moved to the semifinal. Malefico pulled Stuka’s mask and fouled him, setting up a lightning match for next week.
5) Terrible b Shocker
Terrible took 2/3.
IWRG (THU) 09/06/2012 Arena Naucalpan [The Gladiatores]
1) Epidemia b Johnny Rivera
Epidemia won wrestling like a tecnico.
2) Carta Brava, Chicano, Eita b La Cobra, Relampago, Saruman
Saruman’s return. Cobra feuded with Chicano, submitted him for the win, and challenged for a title match.
3) Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro, Trauma II b Heddi Karaoui, Oficial 911, Oficial Fierro
Rudos jumped the tecnicos, and took 1/3 to win. 911 pulled Trauma II’s mask and cradled him for the win.
4) Oficial AK47 & Súper Nova b Veneno, Eterno, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Trauma I, Temerario Infernal, Hijo de Pirata Morgan [seeding battle royal]
AK47 was left semiconscious after a Pirata Morgan piledriver, but still survived to the final two.
5) Trauma I b Veneno [ruleta de la muerte, quarterfinal]
Total tecnico battle, which meant Trauma I submitted Veneno after some nearmisses.
6) Temerario Infernal b Eterno [ruleta de la muerte, quarterfinal]
Eterno won with a Super Styles Clash.
7) Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 b Hijo de Pirata Morgan [ruleta de la muerte, quarterfinal]
Mascara illegally used a chain to Pirata’s head to win, then celebrated big.
8) Súper Nova DQ Oficial AK47 [ruleta de la muerte, quarterfinal]
Nova toped AK-47 before he got to the ring, toped him again when he got up, and went for a third tope but AK-47 moved out of the way and Super Nova hit the barrier. Referee Rubinsky yelled at AK-47, and AK-47 threw him in the crowd. That got the DQ (in under a minute.) Nova’s was taken by strecher to the locker room with a shoulder injury.
9) Veneno b Temerario Infernal [ruleta de la muerte, semifinal]
Veneno won with karate chop and top rope senton.
10) Hijo de Pirata Morgan DQ Oficial AK47 [ruleta de la muerte, semifinal]
911 was with AK-47 here, and getting involved whenever possible. Rubinsky was in the middle of ejected 911 from the ring when AK47 dropped Pirata with a martinete. Ref must’ve saw it, because that was AK-47’s second disqualification.
11) Temerario Infernal DRAW Oficial AK47 [hair, ruleta de la muerte, final]
Bombero (w/Alan Extreme) rushed AK47 to try and get the quick win. Both seconds got involved, and both wrestlers bled. At one point, Infernal tried to tope AK47, but missed and hit referee Reyes Rosas (outside the ring.) Both wrestlers got visual pinfalls while both seconds tried to get the ref back into the ring. AK-47 tried to suplex Infernal, Infernal turned into a double pin small package, and the ref returned to make the three count. Both wrestlers begged for an additional fall, but were denied and shaved.
The main event of tonight’s Arena Mexico is the Bufete del Amor defending the CMLL World Trios Championship against the Guerreros. Dragon Rojo, Rey Escorpion and Ultimo Guerrero aren’t just battling Maximo, Rush and Marco Corleone, but also their recent group internal problems. They should be resolved one way or another. Ultimo Guerrero sulked off last week, angry about his partners actions, but now says he likes their rebellious attitude and they’re more united than ever. Maximo points out his team already “humiliated” the Guerreros in Puebla and will win again. Rush and friends should keep their titles to give Rush one more win before next week’s big match.
The semimain is a Mexico versus Japan cibernetico. As we know, Taichi is not exactly getting along with his partners, but they did have a strategy session to figure out La Mascara, Negro Casas, Black Warrior and Valiente. Possible topics discussed in the strategy session:
- beware of the casita at all times!
- if Valiente starts running, you need to start running
- don’t let Mascara put you in a casadora, or sit on your head, or stand over you, or…
- everyone should do frog splashes
- Negro Casas is the best ever
The Mexicans biggest decision might come down to their second. Zacarias hangs out with Negro. Monito is often seen in the company of Valiente and La Mascara. Mije’s even been seen when Black Warrior when he teams up with the Invasors! Would having all three mascots in the corner cause massive chaos, or give the Mexico team the greatest braintrust in the history of man?
CMLL’s preview of the card mentions Estrellita will take Dark Angel’s place on the card. Metalico makes his return from a broken leg in the second match, replacing Angel Azteca Jr. (who hasn’t been in an CMLL ring since June.) Neither of these changes are listed on CMLL.com, but on the info they’ve sent other sites.
In the second part of an interview with Kaiser Sports, Rush repeatedly talks about his match with Terrible being something more than just a match, but a kind of fight the fans have not seen in many years, since the days of Toreo de Cuatro Caminos, “no technical wrestling, a stout serious fight” like the Villanos, the Brazos, or the Dinamitas. Rush is looking forward to being the boos. He’s proud to be the only luchador booed by everyone (tecnico and rudo fans) and feels powered by the negative reaction of the crowd.
The references Rush makes are to brawls, but especially wild, out of control, and bloody brawls. He never says blood, but the interviewer does and it’s clearly implied in Rush’s quotes. It’s the right style of match for Terrible and Rush, and CMLL has relented on it’s no blood rules in recent big matches, but it’s also the exact kind of match which ended Dr. Wagner Jr. & LA Park’s time in CMLL four years ago, and the same kind of match which led to Mr. Niebla & Volador Junior’s current suspensions. Mr. Niebla has confirmed the suspension, saying rules are meant to be broken but you still have to pay the consequences. Niebla also calls the match, which will be locked in CMLL’s video vault forever, “one of the best singles matches I’ve had in the last five years” and “an essential type of battle that has been missed.” Sounds like Rush may agree.
In an interview on MedioTiempo, Terrible gives Rush some credit, saying he wins a lot and could’ve been part of TRT if he had the correct attitude. Instead, Terrible believes Rush is a rookie who needs to wait his time and know his place. Terrible can not believe Rush thinks he’s the better man: Terrible has been wrestling 10 years, Rush only 2,Terrible has put has hair on the line 12 times and won ever time, Rush has only done it twice. Terrible says the fans boo him because they know he deserves the attention, but they boo Rush because they know he’s not a good wrestler. Taking Rush’s hair will be like taking candy from a baby. Terrible’s real goal is to take his rudo-ness to 100% and send Rush to the hospital.
Rob has his five top spots of the week. And Tercera Caida has their top 10 moments of the week. I put their whole episode in a playlist for easy viewing; make sure you check out the soccer game.
LuchaWorld has upcoming posters for the week.
- Samuray del Sol, in an AAA article that actually introduces him to the AAA audience (!!!!), says he’s preparing for the Infernal Rockers by watching their match on the internet.
- CMLL Gaceta sums up Puma King’s career until now, skipping over the part where he and Tiger Kid kidnapped UNAM’s mascot.
- Puma King tells Queretaro’s Haciendo la Lucha how he’s going to beat Queretaro’s Rey Cometa
- Part 2 and Part 3 of AAA’s interview with Sexi Star
- DTU’s Alto Impacto championship is officially vacant, with a new champion to be determined on the next back of shows.
- Llaves and Candados has highlights of ColiseoMania I and the backstage attack on Simbolo.
- Hijo del Espanto Jr. talks about owning the rights to the name, mentioning the soon to be Espanto Jr. in CMLL previously wrestled as Hijo de Pentagon.
- Drastick Boy doesn’t like the idea of a barbed wire match, or of Ciclope getting to pick his own matches.
- R de Rudo notes a lucha libre fighting game (with licensed characters) being advertised on the Mexico City Metro.
- Estrellas del Ring has an interviews with luchadoras Bastet, Paloma Rouse, and La Hielera, and exotico Casandro.
- Mercurio (of Acapulco) took Guerrero’s hair in Acapulco.
- Kronoz, one Dark Dragon’s indy trios partners (and either his brother or his cousin), is headed to El Paso.
- There’s a lucha libre show coming up in Minnesota.
Lucha Libre in Japan
09/06 NOAH: 4) Super Crazy [O] & Naomichi Marufuji b Atsushi Aoki [X] & Go Shiozaki
09/07 NJPW: 2) Low Ki, Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov & Averno [O] beat Ryusuke Taguchi, Alex Shelley, BUSHI & Mascara Dorada [X] – Averno beat Macara Dorada via middle rope Devil’s Wings. NJPW still hasn’t announced all the lineups for this tour, but a title match between Dorada and Averno seems likely (and likely to be good.)
IWRG (SUN) 09/09/2012 Arena Naucalpan
1) Serpiente de Oro vs Matrix Jr.
2) Golden Magic & Saruman vs Carta Brava Jr. & Imposible
3) Alan Extreme, Black Terry, Temerario Infernal vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
4) Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro, Relampago vs Chicano, Heddi Karaoui, Loco Max
5) Hijo de LA Park, Trauma I, Trauma II vs El Hijo del Medico Asesino, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Hijo de Pirata Morgan
Main event continues the new Park vs Wagner issue, buries the Mascara vs Pirata issue (or maybe not?)
Loco Max’s first match here since the 2007 Rey del Ring. It’s taken a while for him to start turning up on the usual indy shows.
CMLL (TUE) 09/11/2012 Arena Mexico
1) Niño de Acero & Pequeño Halcón vs Pequeño Nitro & Pequeño Universo 2000
2) Camaleón, Molotov, Sensei vs Bobby Zavala, Disturbio, Inquisidor
3) Gallo, Hombre Bala Jr., Super Halcon Jr. vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Hooligan, Skándalo
4) Fuego vs Hijo del Signo [lighnting]
5) Hijo del Fantasma, Shocker, Triton vs Rey Bucanero, Tiger, Vangelis
6) Delta, Diamante Azul, La Máscara vs Felino, Rey Escorpión, Volador Jr.
The only person to work both this show and the Anniversary show is Delta. He goes from the main event on Tuesday to the second match on Sunday. Interesting to see Shocker and Bucanero in the semimain behind some of the guys in the main.
Tercera is Gallo‘s debut in Arena Mexico.