CMLL (TUE) 07/10/2012 Arena Mexico [CMLL]
1) Camaleón & Soberano Jr. b Camorra & Cholo
2) Titán b Inquisidor [lightning]
Titan replaced Angel Azteca and won in 8:57
3) Dalis la Caribeña, Dark Angel, Lluvia b Lady Apache, Mima Shimoda, Zeuxis
Zeuxis and Mima return from Japan, lose.
4) Cancerbero, Puma King, Raziel b Fuego, Rey Cometa, Triton
run won via Puma foul on Cometa
5) Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stuka Jr. b Niebla Roja, Pólvora, Vangelis
tecnicso took 2/3
6) Ángel de Oro, La Máscara, Máscara Dorada DQ Euforia, Mr. Niebla, Rey Escórpion
Escorpion pulled off Mascara’s mask in the second (when he had Euforia in the campana) and the third (when Mascara was on the top rope.) Mascara challenged him to a singles match.
Titan replacing Angel Azteca is silly. Titan requiring 9 minutes to beat Inquisidor is insane. That one should’ve gone exactly as long as it took to for Titan to flip to the apron, give Inquisidor the stunner, and land his rope flip moonsault. The greater CMLL problem where everyone is on the same level, just happen to be booked in different matches on that specific day, is probably a bigger problem than CMLL not living up to stipulations. Still, Titan should be on about the same level as Hijo del Fantasma after winning the En Busca de un Idolo tournament, and there’s no way Fantasma is wrestling in a random segunda. (They would’ve bumped Fuego or Triton down.) There’s no way Euforia would’ve been used in that match instead of Inquisidor. I hope the gym membership is solid.
In other issues of weird CMLL booking – Rey Escorpion beat Black Warrior, and has since been kicked out of his group, shuffled off to the side, and is getting DQed in every match. He’ll almost certainly lose to La Mascara – instead of Mascara Dorada, who he was feuding with last week – if they get to it (because the world was demanding another La Mascara singles match.) Meanwhile, Black Warrior is the revitalized leader of new trios champs. Was that supposed to work that way?
Espectáculos Del Cuadrilátero and Periodico Digital write about a press conference in Puebla to get luchadors licenses. The actual numbers are interesting stats – there’s 16 gyms averaging 100 wrestlers each, but only 120 luchadors total are currently licensed – but other places have not had much success in actually getting enforcing the license. Psicosis (CMLL), Asturiano and Centella de Oro spoke for the wrestlers, and the real story was there. Oro has been a local star for the last decade, but hasn’t been seen since the beginning of March (in the Loco Max/Virus feud.) At this press conference, Centella de Oro explains he’s retired.
La Copa got an interview with Loco Max, about his CMLL departure. He has nothing but good things to say to CMLL, but says being in independent allows him to be booked more often and not be blocked by different vetoes. Loco Max feels he’s making the best decision for his family.
I’d assume we’d see Loco Max on the next TxT show, since the veto mention seems a direct reference to Hijo del Santo, but it’s been a while since there’s been one, right? They’ve been running them every four-five weeks this year, which would mean last week as the July show, but there’s no July show and no mention of an August show yet. They’ve skipped months, that’s nothing on it’s own, but add on El Hijo del Santo mentioning his TVC Deportes show has been canceled. (Santo is now on YouTube instead and says he hopes to return on a new channel.) That show (at least partly) existed to hype the TxT show; one thing may be related to another. Or maybe they just ran out of people for Santo to interview.
MSNBC has an article about Super Tarin’s promotion, who’s results pop up from time to time but clearly are running more shows we don’t hear about. The story talks about free, outdoor shows with the wrestling ring in the street, focusing on the poorer neighborhoods, according to the story. Big Mama make an appearance! There’s accompanying photos as well.
Annoying criticisms: The lead of the article says they’re running shows for people who can’t afford $22 tickets; outside maybe the biggest shows of the year, you can get into any AAA, CMLL or IWRG show at a lot cheaper than $22. (Though it’s not as convenient as wrestling by your house.) Also, how does one normally charge for tickets for wrestling in a public street? It’s in the street, you can’t exactly stop people from watching. These shows are usually paid for not by tickets, but by festival organizations or a restaurant promoting it’s opening or some other sponsorship deal, though that may not be the case with these shows. But cool pictures!
Juvi held a press conference to hype his Super X show this weekend. He, and the women in the bikini contest, also appeared on Tercera Caida. Octagon is replacing Intocable on the card, so Fuerza Guerrera will fight Octagon once more.
Rob has highlights of CMLL 06/22/12
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Bill has highlights of 07/07/2011 IWRG.
- Vasco Jr. took Principe Guerrero II’s hair.
- Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. and Dr. Wagner Jr. hype their mask match.
- Sangre Azteca kept his APC (French) championship.
- Joe Lider & Psicosis also appeared on Tercera Caida.
- R de Rudo talks to Sexy Lady and Ludark Shaitan.
- Konnan will appear for Pappy Pineda Promotions.
- Escoria talks to the hometown paper.
- Art: Lucha Libre fighting stances.
Lucha Libre in Japan
07/11 NJPW: Captain New Japan [O], Bushi & Maximo b Jado, Gedo [X], Tomohiro Ishii
CMLL (MON) 07/16/2012 Arena Puebla
1) Black Tiger, Lestat, Tigre Rojo Jr. vs King Jaguar, Policeman, Siki Ozama Jr.
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Metatrón, Stigma vs Cancerbero, Puma King, Raziel
3) Ángel de Oro, Máscara Dorada, Sagrado vs Misterioso Jr., Niebla Roja, Vangelis
4) La Máscara, Rush, Super Porky vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
5) Terrible vs Shocker [CMLL HEAVY]
Terrible is the champion.
Figure Terrible keeps the title here.
CMLL (TUE) 07/17/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Sky Kid & Virgo vs El Hippie & Sádico
2) Robin & Sensei vs Demonio Maya & In Memoriam
3) Black Metal, Gallo, Smaker vs Olímpico, Pólvora, Sangre Azteca
4) Rush & Shocker vs Mr. Águila & Volador Jr.
5) Atlantis vs Mephisto