CMLL (MON) 07/09/2012 Arena Puebla [Espectáculos Del Cuadrilátero]
1) Ares & Siki Ozama Jr. DQ Asturiano & Milenium
Unclear finish; tecnicos appeared to win the match, but Tirantes disqualified them after the fact for too may people in the ring. Fans were very unhapy.
2) Demus 3:16, Mercurio, Pierrothito b Astral, Fantasy, Pequeño Halcón
Rudos took 2/3.
3) Pegasso, Rey Cometa, Starman b Arkángel de la Muerte, Hooligan, Skándalo
Rudos lost the first by excessive violence (too many people in the ring, probably), Hooligan pinned Cometa in the second, Cometa beat Arkangel to take the match.
4) Kráneo, Morphosis, Psicosis b Blue Panther, Hijo del Fantasma, Valiente
First Morphosis appearance in months. Rudos took 2/3, Psicosis and Morphosis beating Fantasma & Valiente. Mije was with the rudos.
5) Marco Corleone, Rush, Shocker b Mr. Niebla, Terrible, Volador Jr.
Zac was with the tecnicos. Marco and Rush did their double dive from the ramp into the ring onto Volador & Niebla to beat them in the first, then Shocker bat Terrible to take it in straight falls. This sets up a title match next week.
There was an odd development in the Nosawa/Io Shirai drug case last night. If you haven’t been following the story, they were in Mexico as part of the Lucha Fan Fest at the end of May, but then arrested for drug possession when returning to Japan. The two had been given portraits by fans, and marijuana was found stashed in the frame by immigration authorities. Marijuana is a serious crime in Japan. It was not hard to believe Nosawa would have purposefully done this; it fits his wrestling persona, and he had a well publicized arrest for some alcohol fueled misadventures in 2011. However, at the end of June, the police announced they were not pressing charges against either wrestler, and did not give a reason. That brings us to last night (or earlier this morning in Japan), where AAA’s Sugi held a press conference to admit he had helped plant the drugs on Nosawa. My ability to translate Japanese is even worse than Spanish, but others who are better it at say Sugi and “AAA Japan representative” Masahiro Hayashi conspired to sneak the marijuana into the frames. It sounds like Sugi was angry with Nosawa, and it was Hayashi who actually got the drugs and planted them. I don’t know much about Hayashi; Google turns up video of him creating a Rey Misterio mask, so he’s probably a mask/gear creator. More helpfully, SuperLuchas notes Hayashi works under the name Solluna, and that name turns up his website, in association with Sugi & Ronin’s trip to France last year and an Apple app for the 2007 AAA in Japan show he promoted.
If I understand the reports, and again I may not, it sounded like Sugi was leaving Japan for Mexico right after the press conference. He’s listed as working the segunda of AAA’s TV taping this Friday in Toluca right now. It’s unknown if AAA will take any action towards Sugi or Hayashi, but we’re likely not to see it. If they don’t, it’s possible Sugi could end up working more regularly in Mexico, because his actions have made it tremendously unlikely he’s going to be used by wrestling promotions in Japan any time soon. It’s said the reason Sugi confessed is Nosawa had found out he did it, and was already telling the police and fellow wrestlers.
Update: AAA’s just released a statement. MedioTiempo has it, but I can summarize it for you: “We have no idea what’s going on with this and we’re not taking a position until we get more details.” They do use past tense to refer to Sugi.
Fuego en el Ring mentions this Friday’s card in Guadalajara will be the first of five straight weeks as a summer stunt.
Rob has his best matches of the year so far.
- Highlights of Bestia 666 vs Pesadilla from Extreme Rising.
- Cronicas y Leyendas writes about Mil Mascara vs Tinieblas, Aristotoles vs Fuerza Guerrera, and Nuevo Mistico.
- Rey Cometa says he won’t be a stepping stone for Puma King.
- Estrellas del Ring interviews the losers from Sunday”s AULL show.
- There will be a Lucha Libre Expo in Ciudad Juarez this August 4th and 5th.
- Ohtani’s Jacket checks out Ultraman, Stuka, Kung Fu vs Herodes, Masakre, and Satanico.
- Okumura declares himself King of the West.
- Ultimo Guerrero is headed back to Comarca Lagunera, main eventing Deportivo Lee Roy’s 18th anniversary show.
- Head Hunter and Neurosis meet in a cage match.
- A show at Arena Santa Maria featured DQs in four of the last five matches. The other one had multiple DQs and a ref bump.
Lucha Libre in Japan
07/10 NJPW: Low Ki, Rocky Romero, Alex Koslov [O] b Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask, Maximo [X]
Rush will start in NJPW on the same 07/29 Volador is appearing, in a Foreigners (MVP/Shelton Benjamin/Karl Anderson/Rush) vs Minoru Suzuki’s army (Suzuki/Lance Archer/Taichi/TAKA Michinoku) eight man tag.
CMLL.com mentions Silueta, who’s been back in Guadalajara but out of action (injury) is heading back to Japan once more for another three month stint.
Changes on Friday’s Arena Mexico card
4) Diamante Azul, Sagrado, Shocker vs Black Warrior, Dragón Rojo Jr., Ephesto
5) Euforia & Último Guerrero vs Atlantis & Titán
Replaced Dragon Rojo vs Titan title match.
The story is Atlantis & Titan were so angry at Euforia & Ultimo Guerrero for cheating last week, they demanded to have this tag match. Hope Titan still gets his title shot someday. Dragon Rojo moves down to the semimain, which also adds Sagrado and Ephesto. Rey Escorpion moves from that match over to the Guadalajara show, taking Euforia’s place in the Occidente Heavyweight cibernetico.
IWRG (SUN) 07/15/2012 Arena Naucalpan
1) Dragón Celestial & Serpiente de Oro vs Alan Extreme & The Mummy
2) Centvrión & Johnny Rivera vs Douki & Eita
3) Multifacético, Niko, Suicida vs Oficial Factor, Oficial Rayan, Oficial Spartan
4) Decnnis, Espíritu, Extreme Tiger, Súper Fly, Tito Santana II vs Chicano, Golden Magic, Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Oficial 911, Relampago [Copa High Power]
5) Dr. Cerebro, El Mesías, Veneno vs Dark Dragon, Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan
Someone worked very hard on the poster, though I don’t know what’s going on with Mesias’ hair. This would be Mesias’ first match since the middle of April. He’s coming back a week or two early, but probably will get in a few weeks of matches before TripleMania. If Mesias is back here, he’s probably back in Queretaro, and that’s probably airing the day of TripleMania.
Relampago cost Extreme Tiger the crusierweight title 3 years ago! Tiger can finally get the revenge he was never that interested in getting! I know they blew this off in a 30 second backstage vignette, but still. Or he could be a traitor on team IWRG, that seems possible too.
CMLL (SUN) 07/15/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Brillante & Indigo vs Relampago Azul & Thunder Boy
2) Esfinge & Halcon de Plata vs Espectrum & Èvola
3) Brazo de Oro, León Blanco, Metatrón vs Exterminador, Gran Kenut, Malefico
4) Javier Cruz vs Barbaro Cavernario [hair]
5) Diamante Azul & Máscara Dorada vs Averno & Ephesto
so all the young guys beat each other for the hair, and mostly retired Javier Cruz beats the survivor to be the big winner? This is not really useful booking for anyone besides Javier Cruz.