IWL (SAT) 06/30/2012 Centro de Convencciones de Tlalnepantala, EdM [MT, R de Rudo]
1) ? vs ??
2) Ninja De Fuego b Centinela, Infierno Kid, Arkanos, Impulso, Terror, Carroña, Fresero Jr. [TLC, IWL INTERNET]
New champion. Fresero Jr. challenged Ninja de Fuego to a heads up match for the title. Carrona was injured on botched dive.
3) Tony Rivera & Zumbido b Ojo Diabólico Jr. & Sepulturero I and Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Zumbi [IWL TAG, #1 Contenders]
Zumbido introduced Zumbido Jr., who will form a trio with Tony Rivera.
4) Black Terry & Carta Brava Jr. (IWRG) b Carta Brava (IWL) & Fantasma de la Ópera
5) Cerebro Negro b Mike Segura and Aeroboy [IWL JUNIOR]
Mike Segura came in with the title, but Cerebro Negro won it.
6) León Rojo, Obett, Perico b Eterno, Súper Nova, X-Fly
Super Nova replaced Bestia, who was otherwise busy in the US. Ovett splashed X-Fly thru a table of spikes for the win.
7) Mad Man Pondo b Ángel o Demonio, Supreme, Damián 666, Violento Jack, Super Mega
Usual hardcore match.
IWRG (SUN) 07/01/2012 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), The Gladiatores]
1) Imposible, King Drako, The Mummy b Centvrión, Charly Madrid, Mr. Magia
Charly Madrid was hurting during the match.
2) Golden Magic, Niko, Relampago b Douki, Eita, Pete Powers
Taya was with Pete Powers, and took a headscisssors from Niko’s mascot Fandango, and a kiss from Golden Magic.
3) Chicano b Carta Brava Jr. [IWRG IC Light]
Chicano took falls 2 and 3 (clean) to win the title. Two quick falls then a long one. Fans threw money in. Carta wants a mask vs hair match.
4) Dr. Cerebro, Máscara Sagrada, Veneno b Cien Caras Jr., Pirata Morgan, Scorpio Jr.
Veneno and Scorpio are feuding, and Scorpio bled. Tecnicos took 2/3.
5) Hijo de Máscara Año 2000 b Bestia 666, Hijo de Pirata Morgan [IWRG JUNIORS]
Three way rules, with the last two remaining facing off for a masks or Bestia’s Junior title. Bestia beat Mascara to advance him, and Pirata beat Bestia to esacpe. Hijo de Mascara Ano 2000 gave Bestia a couple backcrackers and a top rope splash to win the title. Mascara challenged Bestia to a mask vs hair match.
It’s tough to tell, but it appears IWRG has taken down the ring apron promoting the VibraTV/CanalDVD show. Between that, the show not airing this past weekend, the Shadow Phoenix/Trauma II/911 mask match ending up on TVC Deportes, and Black Terry Jr. uploading the Brava/Chicano match (which he doesn’t do when matches air), I think that TV show is gone.
Can someone explain the deal with the green rhino barrel Eita always has with him? Is there a deal?
Bufete del Amor, particularly Rush & Maximo, are interested in possibly moving to the rudo side. They explain that they’ve cleared out all the rudos teams – they beat the Avernos for the trios titles, and they’ve defended it against the Guerreros, TRT and now the Invasors. Likewise, Rush has no rudo challengers for his light heavyweight title, but could face some one like La Mascara if he’s a rudo. And, as Rush notes, he’s already getting booed like a rudo. Rush also says he’d have no problem facing Mistico, brother or not. Marco sounds like he’s willing to go along, but not as eager. They hope to talk to the programming department about a change in the next couple of weeks, though Maximo’s not going to be around for a while anyway.
— El Sabor del Ring (@ElSaborDelRing) July 2, 2012
Marcela was scheduled to defend her title versus Amapola yesterday in Arena Coliseo San Luis Potosi, and that tweet says it worked out for her.
Rob has highlights of 06/19/12 CMLL.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
X-Fly wants a mask vs hair match with el Hijo del Santo. That is a real headline.
Lucha Libre in Japan
Strong Style Spirit has Maximo’s schedule in Japan. He’s listed from July 7th to July 22nd. He’s in a second match on the card tag match on just about every show, teaming with the tecnicos and facing the likes of Jado, Gedo, Alex Koslov, Rocky Romero and Low Ki. I’m far too excited for Maximo/Low Ki encounters.
That same article mentions NJPW will be announcing it’s G1 lineup on their July 8th. Sombra participated last year, and CMLL and NJPW seem to prefer to switch up the participants rather than have the same guys finish mid table ever year. Rush is an obvious candidate. Strong Man may be back as a CMLL (in at least name) representative. I’ve heard someone unexpected may be invited.
CMLL (SUN) 07/08/2012 Arena Coliseo
1) Freesbe & Höruz vs Camorra & Cholo
2) Aereo, Astral, Último Dragoncito vs Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Warrior
3) Dalis la Caribeña, Lluvia, Luna Mágica vs Hikaru, Princesa Sugheit, Tsukasa
4) Pegasso vs Raziel [lightning]
5) Ángel de Oro, Delta, Hijo del Fantasma vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
6) Mr. Niebla, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr. vs La Sombra, Máscara Dorada, Shocker
CMLL can’t be accused of piling good matches on the Terra live broadcast. I’m assuming the REINA girls are at least OK and also motivated since it’s their first trip here, but it doesn’t really matter with that tecnica trio. The Nitro vs Aereo feud must continue. (Maybe CMLL decided they needed a new unmasked tecnico mini?)
CMLL (SUN) 07/08/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Brillante & Indigo vs Acertijo & Relampago Azul
2) Azteca de Oro & El Divino vs El Hippie & In Memoriam
3) Smaker & Virgo vs Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
4) Javier Cruz, Javier Cruz Jr., Leo vs Barbaro Cavernario, Èvola, Exterminador
5) Rey Bucanero & Terrible vs Rush & Sagrado
waiting for the surprise revelation that Leo is actually related to his partners. It would be consistent with the rest of the booking of locals here on Sundays.
CMLL (THU) 07/19/2012 Arena Xalapa
1) Hanaoka & Tetzuya vs Azelan & Rua
2) Estrellita & Marcela vs Amapola & La Nazi
3) Skayde & Turbo vs Black Thunder & Carta Brava Jr.
4) Negro Casas & Negro Navarro vs Blue Panther & Solar I
5) Canek, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero vs Atlantis, Villano IV, Villano V
Reporting the existence of this card may be considered taunting to some readers. Now, there is someone who posts videos of matches from Arena Xalapa – here’s his YouTube channel – but the videos he’s posting are of the promotion that normally runs shows here (LLX/Hercules). This is some other group using the promotion on a nonstandard day, so no idea if he’d be taping or not. Couldn’t hurt to politely ask if you really want to see that semimain, which doesn’t turn up in my database as happening before (but surely has.)