AULL (SUN) 04/22/2012 Arena Lopez Mateos [Estrellas del Ring]
1) Latín Star, Sangre de Lobo, Sentencia b Karamis, Pakal, Tigre de Plata
2) Atomic Star, José el Caporal, Stryker b Ángel de la Noche, Ángel del Amor, Rey Krystal
3) Epitafio, Leviatham, Samael, Tormento b Acero, El Hijo del Señor Tormenta, Eterno, Monster Jr.
4) Flamita b Bandolero, Sádico [AULL Light]
only Sadico’s AULL Lightweight title was on the line. Sadico eliminated Bandolero with a powerbomb, and Flamita beat Sadico with a 450 splash to win title the title.
5) Cerebro Maligno, Judas el Traidor, Rey Krimen b Coco Amarillo, Coco Azul, Coco Rojo [AULL TRIOS]
Cocos were champs. Judas’s team took 1/3 to win the titles, with Herejia helping them and a ref fast counting three.
Rob has highlights of 04/05/1 CMLL.
Luchaworld has KrisZ’s news update.
- Ultimo Guerrero won the Azteca Championship; this is the sixth straight title change for this belt.
- CMLL is in Toluca on Saturday.
- the luchadors of 100% Lucha are running a benefit show for a child who has cancer.
- 16 luchadors, including Pierroth, will be honored this weekend in Cuernavaca.
CMLL (FRI) 04/27/2012 Arena Mexico
***56th Arena Mexico Anniversary***
1) Astral & Eléctrico vs Demus 3:16 & Pierrothito
2) Pegasso, Rey Cometa, Sangre Azteca vs Hooligan, Loco Max, Skándalo
3) Black Warrior, La Máscara, Valiente vs Rey Escorpion, Vangelis, Virus
4) Triton vs Puma King [En Busca de Un Idolo]
5) Dragon Lee vs Pólvora [En Busca de Un Idolo]
6) Atlantis, Diamante Azul, Shocker vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
7) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Tiger [CMLL TRIOS]
Marco Corleone, Rush, and Maximo are the trios champs
These went up early Tuesday morning, if you’re keeping track. 7 matches means Televisa and Fox Sports can continue to have two (or more?) matches while preserving the En Busca de un Idolo matches for C3. At least it works number of match size – it would seem the matches themselves are going to have to be a bit shorter unless the shows are running long for the next two months. We’ll have a better idea when these start to air.
TRT have a much better chance of winning these titles on Friday than Sunday, but the champs still seem to be the favorite. Rush seems to be slightly annoying his teammates of late…
These two En Busca de Un Idolo matches leave Diamante & Titan vs Niebla Roja & Euforia for next Tuesday.
Black Warrior & Rey Escorpion continue feuding in their match. Minis match looks really good if it’ll air anywhere.
CMLL (SUN) 04/29/2012 Arena Mexico
***Kids Day 2012***
1) Höruz, Metatrón, Molotov vs Apocalipsis, Bronco, Cholo
2) Estrellita, Luna Mágica, Silueta vs La Comandante, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit
3) Eléctrico vs Bam Bam, Fantasy, Astral, Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Violencia, Mercurio [cibernetico]
4) Delta, Hijo del Fantasma, Stuka Jr. vs Kráneo, Mr. Águila, Olímpico
5) Negro Casas vs Ángel de Oro [NWA MIDDLE]
Negro Casas is the champion.
6) La Sombra, Marco Corleone, Shocker vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Último Guerrero, Volador Jr.
Title match seems to be a sign of who’s priorities are more important, NJPW or CMLL’s own. It benefits NJPW for Angel de Oro to come in with a belt to make him seem like a bigger deal before he loses to just about everyone (even though surely the NJPW fans will have figured he’s no big deal if he does lose a lot.) NJPW wants someone credible and who they can easily have lose a lot; they could’ve just brought Mascara Dorada if losing a lot wasn’t an issue. It doesn’t benefit CMLL to have Angel de Oro to beat Negro Casas and then go off and lose to everyone – they’d benefit more if he won it after returning. It’d Kid’s Day and it’s one of more than two dozen CMLL titles, so I suspect they do the title change and send everyone home happy for the day (more so in that main event.)
It’s almost more about Negro Casas to me than Angel de Oro; wins over him for a young star should still mean something, not wasted just to trade jewelry. Angel de Oro defeating Virus would be an inequity, but Virus doesn’t mean as much as Negro Casas (or they wouldn’t have had Titan beat him for no particular reason last week.) CMLL’s just put Polvora in a title tournament that nearly guarantees he won’t be defending his title for two months, Angel de Oro could’ve easily been given that belt.
Minis big surprise = a cibernetico. Surprise! It’s Kid’s Day, so tecnicos should win all over the place.
CMLL (SUN) 04/29/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Brillante vs Thunder Boy
2) Hierro & Virgo vs Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
3) Leo & Sky Kid vs Ráfaga & Sádico
4) León Blanco vs Espécimen [mask]
5) Máscara Dorada & Rush vs Averno & Mephisto
Prior to the management change, Leon Blanco and Gallo were feuding towards an mask match (of undetermined date.) Now, both Gallo and Blanco will have had matches versus luchadors from Dantes’ group. These two have been feuding since the start of the month, at least based on lineups. Results are becoming rare here.
indy (SUN) 04/29/2012 Arena Lopez Mateos
1) Sentencia vs Pakal, Styrker, Spider 3000, Centella, Kid Tornado, Sangre de Lobo, Black storm, Euro
2) Cromo, Hormiga Atomic, Tortuguillo Ninja vs Dark Misterio, Lince X, Pequeno Demonio
3) Batman, Hombre Arana, Iron Man, Panthro vs Duende Verde, El Quazon, Macnhas, Violento
4) Cerebro Maligno, Herejía, Judas el Traidor, Rey Krimen vs Epitafio, Leviatham, Samael, Tormento
5) Negro Navarro, Trauma I, Trauma II vs Chucho el Roto, Iron Love, Rocky Santana
6) El Caporal vs Ángel de la Noche [mask]
Their kid’s day shows.
CMLL (MON) 04/30/2012 Arena Puebla
1) Lestat, Milenium, Tigre Rojo Jr. vs Arissma, King Jaguar, Policeman
2) Höruz, Metatrón, Stigma vs Bronco, Inquisidor, Puma King
3) Delta, Sagrado, Stuka Jr. vs Namajague, Vangelis, Virus
4) Máximo, Rush, Super Porky vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
5) Dragón Rojo Jr. vs La Sombra [CMLL MIDDLE]
Dragon Rojo’s first big match since his return.