CMLL (THU) 03/29/2012 Arena Aficion [Hidalgo Sport]
3) Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. b Mephisto, Rey Bucanero, Rey Escorpion [MEX TRIOS]
Champions keep their titles.
4) Rush & Terrible b Averno & La Máscara [Trofeo Pachuca, Relevos Increíbles, semifinal]
5) Blue Panther & Negro Casas b Mr. Niebla & Último Guerrero [Trofeo Pachuca, Relevos Increíbles, semifinal]
6) Rush & Terrible b Blue Panther & Negro Casas [Trofeo Pachuca, Relevos Increíbles, final]
Rush hit Terrible with trophy. Rush challenged for a heavyweight title match.
Rush is a jerk.
Today’s CMLL show has the second half of the Gran Alternativa. Euforia winning the first half means the winner of the second half is almost definitely going to win. It’s even more likely a young rudo like Bronco or Hijo del Signo would win this than Euforia, though there’s only a tiny chance of that. Fuego is teaming with Brazo de Plata, and is unlikely to wrestle in three matches. Marco Corleone is the most logical opponent for Terrible, but Hombre Bala Jr. is at least two years away from being good enough to win this. (Still, Marco needs to talk him into doing Aero Italiano as a headbutt tope once.)
That leaves Triton, teaming with Atlantis, and Diamante, teaming with Valiente. CMLL’s seemed both high and disinterested in both guys over the last year. One year ago, Diamante was champion with Angel de Oro & Rush as a trio of future stars, but he’s been hanging around in the Sagrado zone of nothingness since he lost the title and may have annoyed the wrong people. He was picked to go to Japan and again treated as a future star, but it hasn’t translated to any progress in Mexico as of late. Triton has had some early success, but stagnated after the name change and was effectively punished for Shocker’s indiscretions. Also, Atlantis just won the last big tournament they ran, and CMLL doesn’t often have people win back to back tournaments. I still think Triton is more likely, but only slightly so. There should be some nice tournament matches either way.
The only other thing of note on the show is the return of Dragon Rojo.
AAA is also in action tonight, taping a show in Neza. It’s similar to the ones from last weekend – a Perros main event, a Consejo semifinal, miscellaneous matches in the undercard. Another mystery woman is listed in the opener, Atomic Boy and Gran Apache continue battling in the segunda, and Dr. Wagner returns after missing last weekend in the main event. Consejo have been calling out Dr. Wagner, so they should get involved with him last night.
AAA says it’s not taping again until the end of the month, though that doesn’t quite make since with their taping schedule.
- Lucha Libre Fan Fest has announced GHC Junior Champion Katsuhiko Nakajima will appear at their expo.
- Mr. Niebla wants a heavyweight title shot (when he gets around to it.)
- DJ Spectro writes about more tragic deaths.
CMLL (TUE) 04/17/2012 Arena Queretaro
1) Rostro Maligno & Zarpa de Tigre Jr. vs Electroboy & Super Gallo
2) Maligno I & Maligno II vs Fire Fighter & Sangre de Dragon
3) Chica Ye-Ye & Dragon de Oriente II vs Dance Boy & Soldado Diabolico
4) Rey Bucanero & Terrible vs Rush & Ursus
5) Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Drabek I, Drabek II, Perro del Ring [MEX TRIOS]
Reyes del Atlantida’s
toughest Queretaro-est challenge yet!