CMLL (SUN) 03/25/2012 Arena Coliseo [CMLL, La Catedral]
1) Apocalipsis & Ramstein b Camaleón & Höruz
Rudos took 1/3. Horuz was hurt during the match.
2) Bronco, Hooligan, Nitro b Ángel Azteca Jr., Hombre Bala Jr., Pegasso
Rudos take 2/3.
3) La Comandante, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit b Dalis la Caribeña, Dark Angel, Lady Apache
Rudas took 1/3.
4) Blue Panther, Máximo, Super Porky b Ephesto, Terrible, Vangelis
tecnicos took 2/3.
5) Máscara Dorada, Prince Devitt, Shocker DQ Averno, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr.
Devitt started bleeding from the inside of his ear for no apparent reason in the first fall. Tecnicos took 2/3, UG drawing the DQ for fouling Shocker. Shocker wanted a mask vs hair match, UG would agree to only a singles match.
IWRG (SUN) 03/25/2012 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Estrellas del Ring, The Gladiatores]
1) Andy Boy & Star Boy Jr. b Guerrero Mixteco & Matrix Jr.
2) Dr. Cerebro, Pacto Negro, The Mummy b Chicano, Saruman, Tritón
Mummy & Dr. Cerebro replaced Comando Negro & Impossible
3) Alan Extreme, Black Terry, Bombero Infernal b Dinamic Black, Fresero Jr., Mike Segura
Fresero replaced Tony Rivera, which means no Bombero/Tony feud this week. Suicida replaced Golden Magic. Rudos took 1/3.
4) Angelico, Trauma I, Trauma II DQ Bestia 666, Damián 666, X-Fly
Angelico wore a Trauma mask to start the match. Tecnicos took 2/3. Trauma I was about to beat Damian when X-Fly hit him with the chair.
5) Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Pirata Morgan b Hijo de LA Park, Hijo de Mascara Sagrada, Máscara Sagrada
Rudos took 2/3.
CMLL TV announced the other eight Gran Alternativa participants: Signo, Triton, Bronco, Fuego, Cancerbero, Hombre Bala Jr., Raziel, Diamante. Triton & Diamante seem like outside chances for winning, but CMLL hasn’t been too strong on either of them. I’m rooting for a Raziel vs Euforia final. Meanwhile, CMLL.com has a photo of Niebla Roja and confirms he’s a Lagunero.
La Catedral suggests the Gran Alternative could set up the new Mistico, and Dragon Lee, Diamante, and Triton would be the tournament favorites in that case. I am skeptical on any and all New Misticos existing, but would strongly root for anything to get Diamante a name change.
R de Rudo’s report on the Perros del Mal new member introduction has some interesting tidbits. The office has moved (or maybe Damian’s keeping the old office.) Perro says the group has always been about bringing in new people and springboarding people to greater success (mentioning Terrible, Texano, Averno & Mephisto here) and hopes that continue. Perros does says that Damian had told him he was leaving 3 months ago, which runs counter to the story Damian’s been telling (but is much more believable.)
Octagon explains he turned on La Parka because Parka was more focused on his feud with Cibernetico than the goals of La Sociedad. Octagon, as leader of Milica, also did not like how Parka was treating his men. La Parka says he knew things were going wrong after a meeting with Dorian and Octagon before the show (maybe something that airs on TV?), but will still not be friends with Cibernetico because Ciber attacked his family. Hey, Ozz & Cuervo are free now, maybe they can put the Inframundo back together. La Parka vs Octagon as a singles match alone is a hazardous idea.
More info on Silver King Jr. (via SML), who’s wrestling on the family vs family Arena Naucalpan show. He’s living in Chihuahua and has used the names Sexi Tiger Jr. and wrestled on the Dr. Wagner Sr. tribute show as Silver Star.
SuperLuchas #444 has the Aguayos and the Mascaras.
Another long story about lucha libre in Monterrey, including Sangre Chicana declaring “if he dies”, it’ll be in a gym, and Humberto Garza complaining about wrestlers just hitting each other with light tubes and bleeding while Kaientai explains he got his ideas on wrestling from an FMW tape he found.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news report.
- The Lucha Libre USA show in Stockton is said to have drawn 1,000. It’s a 10,000 person arena, depending on how they configured it.
- Black Terry Jr. has photos of the Todo x el Todo show in Aguascalientes. Looked half full, no Tzuki.
- Hijo del Solitario says he’s counting down the hours until the three way mask. Solitario believes in gods, but not saints.
Lucha Libre in Japan
03/25 FukumenMania: the tag tournament came down to a three way elimination match with Fuego & Mr. Cacao & Arkangel & Skandalo and El Samurai & Great Sasuke. Eliminator order went Samurai, Sasuke, Cacaco, Arkangel and Fuego lost to the Skandalo Driver in 25:40.
IWRG (THU) 03/29/2012 Arena Naucalpan
1) ? vs ??
2) Charly Madrid & Saruman vs Kortiz & Pacto Negro
3) Centvrión, Chicano, Freyser vs Alan Extreme, Comando Negro, The Mummy
4) Angelico, Dinamic Black, Golden Magic vs Carta Brava Jr., Eterno, Oficial AK47
5) Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan Jr., Trauma I, Trauma II vs Bestia 666, Damián 666, Halloween, X-Fly, Zumbi
Can the Pirates and the Traumas get along to face Familia de Tijuana? (No, probably not.)
IWRG (SUN) 04/01/2012 Arena Naucalpan
1) Chicano, Saruman, Tritón vs Comando Negro, Gemelo Fantastico I, Gemelo Fantastico II
2) Dr. Cerebro, Freyser, Suicida vs Aeroboy, Hormiga, Violento Jack
3) Dinamic Black, Golden Magic, Tony Rivera vs Oficial Factor, Oficial Rayan, Oficial Spartan
4) Hijo de LA Park, Trauma I, Trauma II vs Halloween, Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., X-Fly
5) Cien Caras Jr., Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Máscara Año 2000 Jr. vs Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan Jr. [IWRG IC TRIOS]
Some undercard changes. New Oficials may be starting as a rudo. Feels like a title change in the main event.
CMLL NWA (SUN) 04/01/2012 Arena NWA
1) ? vs ??
2) ? vs ??
3) Argus & Aztlan vs Ancla & Surdok
4) Black Mamba & Velial vs Ares & Ikaro HD
5) Atlantis & Negro Navarro vs Arkángel de la Muerte & Luger
This doesn’t make any sense but maybe the match will be good?