CMLL (FRI) 03/23 Arena Mexico [CMLL, Kaiser Sports, La Catedral]
1) Leono & Tigre Blanco b Artillero & Súper Comando
Tecnicos take 2/3.
2) Virus b Triton [lightning]
Virus won in 5:41. Triton was said to look nervous and not have a good night.
3) Estrellita, Goya Kong, Marcela b Amapola, La Seductora, Tiffany
Tecnicas took straight falls, Estrellita beating Amapola cleanly.
4) Ángel de Oro, Black Warrior, Stuka Jr. DQ Euforia, Pólvora, Rey Escorpion
Tecnicos took 2/3, Escorpion fouling Warrior in the last.
5) Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas b Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr.
Peste Negra took 1/3, Niebla beating Atlantis in the final.
6) Marco Corleone, Prince Devitt, Rush b Mephisto, Último Guerrero, Volador Jr.
Devitt’s debut. Tecnicos took 2/3, Devitt beating Volador with the Bloody Sunday vertical DDT. Devitt challenged for Volador’s NWA Middleweight title, and Volador accepted.
CMLL C3 will start a couple hours late today, due to coverage of the Pope’s arrival in Mexico.
Psycho Clown was talking up an upcoming match with TNA wrestlers before Rey de Reyes. I would not be surprised if they get around to that match at TripleMania. Jeff Jarrett wrote on Twitter about another meeting with Dorian Roldan this week, so AAA’s not done with Jeff or his guys quite yet.
AAA’s posted a pre-Rey de Reyes promo with el Consejo, hyping up that match. Timing is a bit odd, but odder is Texano seems to have some sort of right hand injury. There’s also a new Consejo logo, though they have not removed the old one.
Perros del Mal announced re-enforcement: Taya Valkyire (guess they haven’t decided what name to use), Keira, Vaquerita (both have been on PdM shows) and Pete Powers (another Canadian.)
- The next GALLI show is on 03/31 and includes NJPW’s King Fale (?)
- Proyeccion Luchistica has handheld footage of last weekend’s IWS show and FdT at the Toy Museum.
- Misterioso talks about returning to Guadalajara for the first time in a few months.
- Sangre Azteca hopes he turns rudo soon.
- Electroshock & Silver King will receive the Golden Microphone, an annual award given to many luchadors
- Averno was of 20 Neza athletes honored by the city.
- Diario de Xalapa has a profile of local legend Dr. Boris.
- Report from the TxT show in Aguascalientes
- MaskMania has a bio of young luchador Aguila Solitaria Jr.
- Damian & Bestia are on the 04/14 MEXPW show.
Lucha Libre in Japan
Zeuxis & Mima Shimoda won the REINA tag team titles from Lluvia & Luna Magica. Silueta kept the CMLL-REINA Intenational Junior titles over Aoi Ishibashi in 16:45 via moonsault.
Something of Dos Leyendas must’ve aired on Samurai TV this morning, because there were a few Japanese tweets fascinated with Namajague.
CMLL (MON) 03/26/2012 Arena Puebla
1) Dinamico & Lestat vs Espiritu Maligno & Karisma
2) Astral, Fantasy, Último Dragoncito vs Demus 3:16, Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico
3) Diamante, Sagrado, Sangre Azteca vs Hijo del Signo, Shigeo Okumura, Vangelis
4) Ángel de Oro, Black Warrior, Hijo del Fantasma vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
5) La Sombra, Prince Devitt, Rush vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
Prince Devitt faces his toughest test yet – Zacarias el Perico.
No minis title match yet.
CMLL (FRI) 03/30/2012 Arena Mexico
1) Astral & Último Dragoncito vs Niño de Acero & Pequeño Violencia
2) Ángel de Oro, Black Warrior, Hijo del Fantasma vs Ephesto, Pólvora, Rey Escorpion
3) Delta vs Mephisto [lightning]
4) La Máscara & Pegasso vs Blue Panther & Rey Cometa and Dragon Lee & Rush and Máscara Dorada & Titán and Niebla Roja & Último Guerrero and Euforia & Terrible and Bobby Zavala & Rey Bucanero and Negro Casas & Puma King [Gran Alternativa, semifinal]
5) Volador Jr. vs Prince Devitt [NWA MIDDLE]
Last year, the report was CMLL was so unhappy with Volador that they wouldn’t let NJPW bring him over for shows. This year, Volador gets a title match with Prince Devitt. Things can change in a year. This is the first Volador/Devitt match but probably not the last.
One young person tournament ends, another starts. Added bonus: it includes the equally young Euforia, who would be an awesome winner but probably won’t win. We can rule out Pegasso, Cometa and Zavala teams. Niebla Roja is a totally new name to me. Teaming with UG means he’s someone important, but probably not going to win. Negro Casas & Puma King would be fun but probably mean there’s a tecnico coming out of the other half of the bracket that’ll win. Dragon Lee & Rush would be obvious if Dragon Lee just won the other tournament. Dorada/Titan?
DTU (SAT) 03/31/2012 Auditorio Municipal Hidalgo
1) Super Xtreme vs Arsenal
2) Excentrico & Radical vs Atomic Star & Concord
3) Miedo Extremo vs Jhonky, Electro Boy, Flyer
4) Hacker & Sacristan vs Lanzeloth & Slayer
5) Black Fire, Drastik Boy, Pesadilla vs Araña de Plata, Ciclope, Pequeno Cobra
DTU Academy show.
PdM (SUN) 04/01/2012 Plan Sexenal
1) ? vs ??
2) ? vs ??
3) ? vs ??
4) Violento Jack vs Peligro, Aeroboy, Pesadilla, ? [PdM EXTREMO]
5) el Hijo del Perro Aguayo & Texano Jr. vs Héctor Garza & Toscano [Relevos Increíbles]
The poster has a whole bunch of people scheduled to appear. The lineup is not really interesting, except in how many ways they can do the same exact matches. A bit surprising they’re going to the same building so soon, and most surprising they’re doing this show the same day as an AAA TV taping. They’ve avoided doing that before and it means they don’t have too many rudos for the main event.
Semimain means X-Fly left his title behind too. Or maybe he’ll be the mystery man.