IWRG (SUN) 03/11/2012 Arena Naucalpan [The Gladiatores]
1) Arkano, Guerrero Mixteco, Pacto Negro b Astro de Plata, Galaxy, Volaris
Much changed match from original (Pacto/Matrix vs Astros)
2) Charly Madrid, Chicano, Golden Magic b Astro Rey Jr., Gemelo Fantastico I, The Mummy
Astro Rey moved up from the opener to replace Gemelo 2, but could not get along with Gemelo 1. They fell apart in the third fall, giving the win to the tecincos.
3) Apolo Estrada Jr., El Hijo del Diablo, Mil Amores b Oficial Factor, Oficial Rayan, Oficial Spartan
Mil Amores is a new name, taking Avisman’s spot in the Gringos. Hijo del Diablo won using the ropes.
4) Alan Extreme, Bombero Infernal, Eterno b Angelico, Suicida, Tony Rivera
Alan & Bombero replaced the Oficials, with Tony Rivera in Ultraman Jr.’s spot. Rivera and Bombero feuded. Rudos took 2/3, Bombero using the ropes to pin Tony.
5) Negro Navarro, Trauma I, Trauma II b Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan Jr.
Piratas jumped Navarros, won fall 1. Navarros won fall 2. Piratas eliminated Trauma II, Negro beat Pirata Jr., and Negro & Trauma I beat Pirata Sr. & Hijo de Pirata to win. This sets up a tag title match next week.
IWRG’s website mentions the new TV show they’ve hinted at is finally on. It won’t be on TV Azteca, though. They refer to it as “Cablevision Channel 158”, which appears to be something called VibraTV, a health/wellness channel. An odd fit! The show, called “Zona XXI”, will air Sundays at 10:30 AM, airing the previous week’s Sunday show – the show above will be the first TV show. The article mentions this is running until December. Looks like at least one of the same commentators as the IWRG Teleformula show. I don’t see this show actually listed on programming guides, and this is an obscure channel, so not a lot of hope for this to turn up. As long as it’s going to be taped, there’s a chance.
Tercera Caida says Damian, Halloween and X-Fly are out of Perros del Mal. It kind of feels like an AAA angle – there’s no role for them there now they’ve lost the trios titles, and this comes hours after they lost them. (Plus, there was the strange press release about PdM determining their membership.) If they’re really out of the Perros del Mal promotion, that’s a big change of affairs: X-Fly still is their hardcore champion, Halloween was the most visible guy on their TV show (doing an inbetween segment walking around the shows and talking to people) and Damian was running the business side. If Damian is leaving, that means there’s a huge change in operations of the promotion – or this is no more Perros del Mal promotion.
Sky’s sports PPV page does not list Rey de Reyes as a PPV for this weekend. This is quite late, but AAA’s waited until mid week before a major show to announce it as a PPV. Still, if there’s not a PPV, I’m thinking we probably won’t do a chat – live results have been too spotty from regular TV tapings.
No sign of lineups yet for either CMLL show this Sunday. Guadalajara figures to have something extra to annoy AAA.
Tonight’s Arena Puebla show has the Virus vs Loco Max hair match. Virus has never lost a hair match. They’ve build Loco Max is a seven time hair match loser, but he’s actually won the last two hair matches he’s had in Arena Puebla, and hasn’t lost a hair match in his home building since 2007. I think Virus ends that streak tonight.
Speaking of people who periodically grow their hair out, Espiritu of AAA showed up with hair on last week’s Arena Coliseo Monterrey show. That only seems to happen before he loses it.
Talking to people this morning, and thinking thru things again, I’m leaning towards whatever happened on the GALLI show possibly being some strange worked shoot. I could be wrong. I’m not sure it matters. What it was, it was a underwhelming way to end a show – I was less interested in the wrestlers and felt cheated out a main event.
In an interview to hype Saturday’s Perros del Mal show, Perro calls his health situation last year “a little inconvenience.” I’ve not heard people describe cancer that way.
Rob has highlights of 2011 Anniversary show.
- Rey Guerrero, a Juarez luchador, was killed.
- There’s an 8 promotion tag team tournament at Arena Cuatro Caminos tonight, as long as you’re willing to accept “Ex-Toreo” as a promotion and X-Fly & Nicho as still representing Perros del Mal.
TxT (SAT) 03/31/2012 Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera
1) Diana La Cazadora & Poly Star vs Esther Moreno & Rossy Moreno
2) El Hijo de Rey Misterio, Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Rayman vs Angelico, Carta Brava, Saruman
3) Mascarita Plateada & Pequeño Lucky vs Lobito & Uskanga
4) Solar I vs Negro Navarro [Copa de Maestros]
5) Pirata Morgan vs Villano IV [Copa de Maestros]
6) El Dandy vs Fuerza Guerrera [Copa de Maestros]
7) Máscara Sagrada vs Máscara Año 2000 [Copa de Maestros]
8) El Hijo del Solitario vs El Hijo Del Santo, Angel Blanco Jr. [mask]
Everyone suspects Angel Blanco Jr. as the loser. If this is not a sell out, there’s not much of a future for this promotion. I think the next show is actually the bigger one, to find out how many people are still into it after they’ve done the biggest match they’ll be doing in the short term, but this is kind of the proof of concept show.
Not sure if the Copa is just singles matches or a whole tournament on the same show. It’s the first Hijo de Rey Misterio in the second match.
Alfredo’s favorite TxT show?