CMLL (MON) 02/27/2012 Arena Puebla [Porra Fresa]
1) Espiritu Maligno, King Jaguar, Sauron b Asturiano, Lestat, Stigma
Tecnicos were sporting matching green black/gear. Rudos won falls 1/3.
2) Centella de Oro, Loco Max, Pegasso DQ Cancerbero, Raziel, Virus
Centella and Virus started, but Loco jumped in to attack the Cancerberos. Chaos from there, but Loco submitted Virus to take the first fall. Rudos beat the other two two to win the second. Virus caught Loco with an armbar for the third, but the Cancerberos kept attacking the other two and then referee Maya for the excessive violence DQ. Loco made the hair match challenged, but Virus refused to do in Puebla, preferring to do in Arena Mexico. Loco demanded the match for his Puebla people, and Virus accepted!
3) Princesa Blanca b Dalis la Caribeña [MEX WOMEN]
Blanca took falls 2/3 to keep the title in what was said to be easily the worst match of the night.
4) Pólvora, Rey Escorpion, Último Guerrero b Hijo del Fantasma, Stuka Jr., Valiente
Rudos took 1/3.
5) Marco Corleone, Máximo, Rush DQ Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Tiger
Tecnicos take 1/3, Terrible desperately fouling Rush. Rush challenged Terrible to a hair match, did not get it.
The Puebla Asturiano, Lestat and Stigma trio is looking for a name.
Diamante Azul, who looks exactly like Blue Demon just with diamonds down to the pre-match cape, says the criticism of his look is just people talking. He has no idea if the name change means he’ll be teaming with Diamante. CMLL doesn’t seem to have figured this.The Fuego en el Ring interview notes the press had to wait an hour for Diamante Azul to come out to talk to them.
Todo x el Todo has a poster up for the three way mask match with Santo, Solitario and Angel Blanco on 03/31.
Artes e Historia Mexico has an interesting behind the scenes story of the CMLL 2009 trip to France. 10 luchadors (Sangre, Misterioso, Nitro, Valiente, Stuka, Sagrado, Fantasma, Hiroka and Marcela) traveled to France for a series of three shows over two weeks. At the time, we were told the third show was canceled, but never actually the reason. The blog entry explains it was all too familiar situation of local promoters in over their head, not being capable of what they promised. The luchadors were housed in a tiny dump of a town with no gym to train, one public phone (next to a cemetery) to use and bad internet. They were very unhappy, and more so when the promoters wanted to not pay for the last show as promised, but instead bring them back over the following March and pay them then. The luchadors were not happy with the promoters, and got one to pay while the other just disappeared on his own.
A new book talking about the history of Argentina’s Titanes el Ring is coming out in the next few days, for the 50th anniversary of the debut TV show. There’s an interview with the author here, and there’s a Facebook account from the author of the book (which will hopefully have book information soon), talking such things as who was the Mummy and when.
There’s a mystery show on AYM Sports tonight around 8pm EST. It follows Sobre el Ring (which means it start early or run late.)
Rob has highlights of 08/27/1993 AAA and late February 1999 AAA
CMLL (MON) 03/05/2012 Arena Puebla
1) Asturiano, Blue Center, Stigma vs Arissma, Espiritu Maligno, Policeman
2) Centella de Oro & Loco Max vs Raziel & Virus
3) Blue Panther, La Máscara, Máximo vs Kráneo, Morphosis, Psicosis
4) Atlantis, Máscara Dorada, Stuka Jr. vs Pólvora, Rey Escorpion, Último Guerrero
5) Rush vs Terrible
Everyone’s getting a Rush vs Terrible match.
Hair match possibly 03/12, but it’s not clear.
CMLL (TUE) 03/06/2012 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Virgo vs Rey Trueno
2) Black Metal vs Exterminador
3) Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr., Triton vs Euforia, Raziel, Virus
4) Lady Apache vs Princesa Blanca [hair]
5) Ángel de Oro, Hijo del Fantasma, La Sombra, Rush, Valiente vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Olímpico, Volador Jr. [cibernetico]
They’re pushing this as Guadalajara’s Dos Leyendas show. It is a pretty strong show, should be a good TV show with that tercera.