CMLL (MON) 02/20/2012 Arena Puebla [Porra Fresa]
1) Akron & Siki Ozama Jr. b Black Tiger & Silver
Rudos take 2/3.
2) Dalis la Caribeña, Goya Kong, Lady Apache b Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit, Zeuxis
Tecnicas take 2/3, focusing on Dalis vs Blanca.
3) Centella de Oro, Pegasso, Rey Cometa b Euforia, Loco Max, Virus
Virus submitted Centalla de Oro in the first, then had Pegasso beat in the second and was going after Centella in the second when Loco ran in and fouled Centella for the DQ. Loco and Virus started out right fighting in the third. Tecnicos took advantage for the win. Euforia and Virus left Loco laying, and the crowd was behind the Puebla rudo.
4) Ephesto, Mephisto, Pólvora b Ángel de Oro, Sagrado, Stuka Jr.
Rudos take 1/3.
5) Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Tiger b La Máscara, Máscara Dorada, Rush
Rudos take 1/3, Terrible sneaking in a foul on Rush for the win.
The big story for tonight are the AAA TV tapings at Arena Naucalpan.The first two Rey del Reyes semifinals will take place, including the first matches for el Consejo members Toscano & Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. M2K Jr. had previously appeared as an IWRG representative on shows, while Toscano actually appeared in AAA a dark match 17 years ago when they were taping in Arena Coliseo Monterrey (long before Toscano made it to CMLL.) It’s probably one Consejo member will make it to the final, with the others kept out for a tag match against Dr. Wagner at the show. Toscano seems the more likely winner, because Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. has to deal with Perro Aguayo Jr., Cibernetico and a mystery person.
AAA hasn’t thrown out hints about who the mystery man will be. Plenty of other people have. I believe I’ve been told eight different people who will be the mystery man, which is going to make for an awfully crowded match. It’s a situation where everyone you can think of has been suggested, and then maybe a couple people you wouldn’t think of being back here thrown in as well. AAA wants a decent->big name, but sometimes they think they have those names and end up with Alan Stone.
In other matches, Cuervo & Ozz will defend (and likely keep) the AJPW tag team titles vs Chessman & Ultimo Gladiador, and the Oficials will law the law down versus Fenix, Gran Apache and Daga in what should be the best match of the night.
Albert mentioned the comments but I haven’t remembered to put it up here – Sobre el Ring mentioned Charly Manson has been sentenced to 15 years in jail after his fight with two police officers last year.
Shocker is on the poster for the 03/06 Arena Queretaro show. I’d guess he makes his return at Dos Leyendas.
Rob has highlights of Rey de Aires 2011.
- El Hijo del Santo has plans to defend his WBC title and form a national lucha libre commission.
- Angelico, Carta Brava and Saruman talk about their TxT match.
- Vaquerita talks about losing the LuchaPOP title and trying to win the LLF one.
- Kcidis draws Blue Panther vs Negro Casas.
- Lucha Libre Cake reviews 01/27/2011 AAA.
- (a) Chucky lost his mask in Arena Aficion. No name announced.
- A show in Uruapan this Sunday will honor a young luchador who drowned a year ago.
CMLL (TUE) 02/28/2012 Arena Mexico
1) Bengala & Robin vs Cholo & Ramstein
2) Astral, Fantasy, Pequeño Halcón vs Demus 3:16, Pequeño Nitro, Pierrothito
3) Fuego, Mr. Cacao, Pegasso vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Nitro, Skándalo
4) Black Warrior, Sagrado, Sangre Azteca vs Morphosis, Shigeo Okumura, Vangelis
5) Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Tiger
Main event is a rematch. This is the second of Cacao’s two appearances.