CMLL (TUE) 11/29/2011 Arena Mexico [Estrellas del Ring, Record]
1) Enrique Vera Jr. & Leono b Bobby Zavala & Disturbio
2) Lluvia, Luna Mágica, Marcela b La Comandante, Princesa Blanca, Zeuxis
Luna & Lluvia challenged Comandate & Zeuxis to put up their REINA tag team championship next week. They accepted.
3) Dragon Lee, Rey Cometa, Stuka Jr. b Arkángel de la Muerte, Nitro, Skándalo
Rey Cometa is back!
4) Metro, Sagrado, Valiente b Euforia, Misterioso Jr., Pólvora
Metro took Polvora’s German suplex.
5) Mephisto, Rey Bucanero, Terrible b Ángel de Oro, La Máscara, Rush
Mephisto beat Mascara a DDT, then challenged him to a NWA middleweight title match so he could the title back for the Avernos. Mascara accepted, and Mephisto yanked his mask off.
Remember, Mephisto took the place of Texano. This title match is a sudden change of plans.
I don’t have high (or medium) expectations for a Lluvia & Luna Magica vs Zeuxis & La Comandante, but it’ll be an ideal occasional to change those expectations going forward.
DTU (TUE) 11/29/2011 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Estrellas del Ring]
1) Atomic Star & Jhonki b Lanzeloth & Pequeno Cobra
2) Carta Brava, Muerte Infernal, Saruman, Sky Ángel, Triton (IWRG) b Ciclope, Extreme Boy, Miedo Extremo, Radical, Slayer Pack
3) Bugambilia del Norte, Dement Extreme, Kaleth, Lily Fighter b Chica Yeye, Chik Tormenta, Comando Negro, Dinastía
4) Golden Magic b Dinamic Black, Flamita, Rey Latino
Ciclope & Los Masizos got involved, which allowed Golden Magic to beat Flamita.
5) Black Terry DCOR Paranoiko, Onita Santana
Everyone fought outside for the twenty count, and then kept fighting.
6) Demoledor & Hormiga b Alan Extreme & Violento Jack and Araña de Plata & Eterno
Bugambilia del Norte fouled Eterno with a light tube to set up Demoledor’s win win. Somehow, this led to Thursday’s hair match now including Demoledor.
7) Aero Boy & Último Gladiador b Drastik Boy & Joe Lider and Pesadilla & X-Fly
Aero took Drastick Boy’s mask (behind the referee’s back, very concerned about a DQ in DTU) and pinned him for the win.
The Quien Pinta Por La Corona final is this Saturday. They’ve got the full list of finalists on their website. I’ve broken them down by category and where they qualified.
– Keira (DF)
– Krystal (Veracruz) – previously unlisted
– La Magnifica (Guadalajara)
– Lady Puma (Monterrey)
– Reyna Azteca (SLP)
– Chica Ye-Ye (Leon) – thought this was an exotico gimmick?
– Tarahumara (Leon)
– Aereo Boy (SLP)
– Alas de Plata (Veracruz)
– Angel del Misterio (Veracruz)
– Arlequin (Leon)
– Barbaro I (Puebla)
– Bogar (SLP)
– Bogar Jr. (SLP)
– Hijo de Black Silver (Acapulco)
– Blazer (DF)
– Gemelo Brian (Veracruz)
– Gemelo Brandon (Veracruz)
– Cometa (Guadalajara)
– Concord (Puebla)
– Corsario de Fuego (Veracruz)
– Demenzia (Monterrey)
– Dinastia (Puebla)
– Hijo del Exorcista (Veracruz)
– Exorcista Jr. (Veracruz)
– Fetiche (Acapulco)
– Gato Fantasma (Monterrey)
– Kratoz (Monterrey)
– Lucky Boy (Puebla)
– Maligno (SLP)
– Maremoto (Leon)
– Oro Azul (SLP)
– Perseus (Monterrey) – son of Sangre Chicana
– Principe Aereo (Acapulco)
– Rene Guajardo Jr. (Monterrey)
– Samuray (Veracruz – this is the Chicago one)
– Sangre de Dragon (SLP)
– Sayko (Monterrey)
– Septimo Dragon (Leon)
– Sexy Boy (Puebla)
– el Silencio (DF)
– Spark (Guadalajara)
– Silver Star (DF – this is the Puebla one)
– Silver Tiger (DF)
– Tiger King (Guadalajara)
– Tony Rodriguez (Guadalajara)
– Tribal (Puebla)
– Turbo Kid (SLP)
– Wasson (Leon)
– Violencia Jr. (Puebla) – looks like the Junior of the ex-CMLL-er
– Xtreme Warrior (Acapulco)
– Daga (Mexico City)
– Mini Espiritu (Puebla)
– Mini Suicida (Mexico City) – Freelance
– Drastic Boy (Mexico City)
No one’s been dropped. (So far.) They announced at the start that one woman, one man, and one mini would be signed, but either they’re changing that or shifting people to the minis division. Of the 4 minis listed, 3 are working as full size guys on the minis. Maybe they’ll just have Daga win since they already put him on TV. Not that many more women either.
At the press event for the final, Octagon said he’d have a new rudo outfit for Guerra de Titanes. Which seems to mean he’s actually wrestling on that show. Or whatever it is he does now.
Perros del Mal sent out a press release interview with LA Park. That was very nice of them, since Park spends the interview ripping the Perros del Mal. Park bitterly complains the Perros only include him when they need something from him (noting Konnan does the same), making them all hypocrites and he can’t wait to beat them up for it. Park figures, sooner or later, Perro was going to stab him in the back, because he’s surrounding himself with false people. Park points at Hector Garza & Texano Jr. as being two false people, calling them rats leaving a sinking ship. Park is not fooled by Texano being on his team, because he and Garza are clearly with Perro and can’t be trust. Park does not care who the mystery person is, because the only person really on a luchador’s side is God and has no friends. “I don’t care who who I team with or who I face – if it’s Que Monito or whoever – I’m here to please the people.” LA Park vows to smash the faces of hoodlums and make the fans happy. I really wish there was video of this.
CMLL sent out a press release talking about the long history of Titan and Triton names in CMLL. “These two luchadors had good times in CMLL and their characters were kept on file, just waiting for the right moment to re-emerge.” I see! I’d pay to see see this file of old CMLL gimmicks waiting to be reused. Anyway, that’s as close to ever acknowledging the indy guy as CMLL will ever come. (And I do love the websites who posted about the IWRG Triton now posting this press release without actually remarking on it.) Perhaps, from now on, instead of writing about the scientific facts of where these gimmicks came from, maybe we should just teach the controversy.
Both CMLL and AAA have their 12/16 tickets on sale. Ignoring the ticketmaster charge, CMLL runs from 450 at ringside to 50 for the balcony. AAA is a bit more pricey,600 at ringside to 120 for grandstand seats (at the baseball stadium.)
R de Rudo #338 talks about this with Ray Mendoza, and about CMLL not having any stars. If Ray Mendoza was in charge, he’d bring back Perro Aguayo Jr., Damian, Dr. Wagner, Blue Demon, Hijo del Santo and Texano. I’m not putting him in charge.
AAA says Mascarita Dorada will make his official return to AAA at Guerra de Titanes. He’ll team with Octagoncito and Mascarita Divina to take on Mini Histeria, Mini Chessman and current AAA’s minis champion Mini Psicosis.
Rob has 11/23/10 CMLL matches.
Lucha Layer Cake writes about Sin Piedad 2010. Felino & Panther will definitely be better than that main event.
- Fenix wants to face the Perros del Mal at Guerra de Titantes.
- Diamante is excited to go to Japan. I really want the article where Yoshihashi is excited to go to Japan.
- CMLL is hinting at Invasors vs Atlantis’ Crew for the national trios titles.
- Ludark Shaitan is looking for to facing Rossy Moreno again at the next Todo x Todo show.
CMLL (SUN) 12/04/2011 Arena Coliseo
1) Bengala & Molotov vs Camorra & Cholo
2) Höruz, Metálico, Tigre Blanco vs Bronco, Hooligan, Puma King
3) Diamante, Fuego, Sangre Azteca vs Shigeo Okumura, Vangelis, Yoshihashi
4) Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Shocker, Titán, Triton
5) Jushin Lyger, La Sombra, Máscara Dorada vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Rey Escorpion, Último Guerrero
Delta shows up for the big rematch. Looking forward to this feud. Main event is pretty interesting too.
CMLL (MON) 12/05/2011 Arena Puebla
1) Milenium & Stigma vs Fuerza Chicana & Sauron
2) Ángel Azteca Jr., Metálico, Starman vs Apocalipsis, Disturbio, Puma King
3) Lady Apache, Luna Mágica, Marcela vs Amapola, La Comandante, Princesa Sugheit
4) Ángel de Oro, Hijo del Fantasma, Valiente vs Olímpico, Psicosis, Volador Jr.
5) Atlantis, Jushin Lyger, Super Porky vs Averno, Mephisto, Mr. Niebla
They still appear to be setting up a trios title match here, the same time as they’re setting one up in Arena Mexico. I don’t like this crew’s odds. Volador/Valiente would be a fun match if they had to change plans, but since the lineup notes the rudos are national trios champs.
Puma seems back in DF circulation after a month of being elsewhere.
CMLL (TUE) 12/06/2011 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) El Divino vs Acertijo
2) Leo & Robin vs Evola & Zayco
3) Starman & Super Halcon Jr. vs Exterminador & Ráfaga
4) Dragon Lee, Gallo, Stuka Jr. vs Euforia, Pólvora, Virus
5) La Sombra, Máscara Dorada, Máximo vs Mr. Águila, Olímpico, Psicosis
Dragon Lee/Virus feud arrives here.