CMLL (FRI) 10/28/2011 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [KrisZ]
1) Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno b Rayo Tapatío I & Rayo Tapatío II
2) Fuego, Guerrero Maya Jr., Stuka Jr. b Exterminador, Malefico, Ráfaga
3) Dalis la Caribeña, Estrellita, Goya Kong b La Seductora, Mima Shimoda, Princesa Sugheit
4) Olímpico, Psicosis, Volador Jr. b La Máscara, Metro, Sagrado [MEX TRIOS]
first succesful defense
5) Atlantis b Último Guerrero
Clean win for Atlantis via Atlantida
MV (FRI) 10/28/2011 Auditorio de Tijuana [SL436, The Gladiatores]
1) Pensamineto Negro II b Jonathan
2) Kanalla & Moloch b Flecha Roja & PsicoMantis
3) Colibri, Rubi Gardenia, Ursus b Animaniac, Scream, Shamu
4) Cincio, Viento, Zarco b Black Spider, Extasis, X-Torm
Rudos took 1/3 for the win.
5) Cuchillo Jr. L Fishman Jr. and Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr. and Jaque Mate Jr. and Hijo de LA Park and El Hijo de Rey Misterio and Gallo Tapado Jr. and Ultramán Jr. and Kung Fu Jr. [ruleta de la muerte]
They did staggered entrances into the cage, though no one could leave until everyone was in. Just really to set up a Hijo del Rey Misterio dive onto everyone. First six out were Gallo, Wagner, Cuchillo, Kung Fu Jr., LA Park, Ultraman. At that point, Cuchillo returned and hit Fishman with a guitar when trying to hit Misterio. Misterio went to leave, but a mystery man climbed the cage to stop him – and was revealed to be the first Hijo de Rey Misterio. That’s coming soon. Jaque Mate escaped while security grabbed the mystery man, and then Misterio climbed out to escape. Final two were Fishman and Cuchillo, and Fishman suplexed Cuhillo before leaving. Cuchillo Jr., who was not listed on the the original lineup I saw, is Guillermo Carrillo Arenas from DF. Fishman vowed to get Kung Fu, LA Park, and Misterio’s masks.
Maybe the one of the Hijo de Rey Misterio’s can wear blue, and the other one can wear black? Eh, never would work.
indy (SAT) 10/29/2011 Arena Lopez Mateos [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), Estrellas del Ring]
1) La Parkita (AAA), Mascarita Divina, Mini Charly Manson b Mini Monster Clown, Mini Murder Clown, Mini Psycho Clown
Mini Clowns win streak ended? In Arena Lopez Mateos? This will never be mentioned on TV.
2) Chik Tormenta, Keira, Sexy Lady b La Vaquerita, Ludark Shaitan, Vanely
Tormenta was hurt during the match, but her team still won.
3) Negro Navarro, Trauma I, Trauma II b Black Terry, Dr. Cerebro, Robin Maravilla
Robin Maravilla replaced Cerebro Negro.
4) Sádico b Flamita [AULL Light]
bonus match, Sadico keeping the title.
5) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown b Bestia 666, Damián 666, Halloween andAeroboy, Pesadilla, Violento Jack and Ángel o Demonio, Coco Rojo, Villano IV and Joe Lider, Mike Segura, Super Crazy and Rocky Santana, Último Gladiador, Yakuza
Porros team was no so much Porros, Coco Rojo and Villano IV subbed in for Leon Rojo and Obett. They also arrived late to join the match, though the team was originally announced for it. Typical crazy hardcore match with tables lit on fire and such. Teams came down to Psychos and Perros, with Lider distracting the Damian to set up a Psycho foul.
CMLL (SUN) 10/30/2011 Arena Coliseo [CMLL, La Catedral, Record]
1) Mercurio & Pequeño Universo 2000 b Aereo & Pequeño Halcón
Tecnicos took 2/3. Aereo moonsaulted out of the ring towards Universo, but crashed and burned.
2) Nitro, Rayo Tapatío I, Tiger b Höruz, Tigre Blanco, Trueno
Tigre Blanco’s first match here since June; back for a Tiger vs Tigre battle! Rudos took 1/3.
3) Diamante, Metal Blanco, Palacio Negro b Hijo del Signo, Misterioso II, Puma King
Tecnicos took 1/3. This and the second match where the best matches on the show.
4) Black Warrior, Super Porky, Toscano DQ Averno, Mephisto, Pólvora
Tecnicos took 1/3, Mephisto fouling Pork in the third.
5) Atlantis, Héctor Garza, La Sombra b Dragón Rojo Jr., Terrible, Texano
Tecnicos took 1/3.
Don’t have a number for Friday’s Arena Mexico attendance, but it looks very low. They’ve drawn those size crowds on Tuesday’s fairly often, but
Fenix is still mildly confused by La Parka & Octagon being rudos, but also notes “I’ve had many confrontations with Dark Dragon and I’ve almost always won.” True!
Cuchillo Jr. lost his mask in Tijuana.
SuperLuchas #387 has bald Tony Rivera & Zumbido. Inside, an interview with Konnan strangely builds some issues versus Octagon. Also, someone named Stephen Sims writes an article about the CMLL anniversary show. It’s good, I think he might a future in writing about lucha libre.
There’s also an interview with Low Rider, mostly about his TNA tryout. He also says he likes IWRG, but just wasn’t comfortable wearing the Kid USA mask – or any mask – so that’s why that thing fell apart quick.
Lucha Libre in Japan
10/29 NJPW: 8) Hiroshi Tanahashi, Akebono & Strong Man b Shinsuke Nakamura, Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii
That’s an amazing trio. Special show at the US military base.
10/30 NJPW: 2) Tetsuya Naito, Tomoaki Honma & Hiromu Takahashi b Strong Man, Tama Tonga & Kyosuke Mikami
La Comandante lost the main event of today’s REINA show in her farewell show.
In this week’s SuperLuchas, Ozz & Cuervo say they’re headed to Taiwain 11/05 to defend the the AJPW tag titles vs Kaz Hayashi and Shuji Kondo, plus another match the next day. AJPW doesn’t seem to have that as a title defense, but that’s probably a good thing for their hopes. They’re also headed back to AJPW in January, and would like to defend the belts in Mexico and the US.
- DJ Spectro profiles Astro Rey Jr.
- The Gladiatores interviews Sexy Lady.
- Ohtani’s Jacket returns to the Great Lucha blog to write about Canek vs Don Corleone and Villano III vs Rambo.
IWRG (SUN) 11/06/2011 Arena Naucalpan
1) Kaving & Matrix Jr. vs Guerrero 2000 & Pacto Negro
2) Centurión, Saruman, Tritón vs Alan Extreme, Imposible, Kortiz
3) Bugambilia del Norte, Dinamic Black, Eragón vs Carta Brava Jr., Eterno, Picudo Jr.
4) Golden Magic, Multifacético, Zumbi vs Apolo Estrada Jr., Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo
5) Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Máscara Sagrada, Mascara Sagrada Jr., Oficial Rayan, Oficial Spartan, Pirata Morgan vs Angel Blanco Jr., Cien Caras Jr., El Hijo del Solitario, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Oficial 911, Oficial AK47
random six on six main event. I can’t figure out why the Piratas are on the tecnico side of a main event.