taped 2010-12-12 @ Hard Rock Casino, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Another show with good stuff but it still doesn’t feel like must see. It gets better, and it may be beside the point.
Lucha Libre USA appears to be ending early for the second straight “season”. WrestlingObserver notes (some) onscreen TV guides list it as the season final. The listings I’ve seen have not said that, but the show disappears from the schedule next weekend, replaced by reruns of Nitro Circus. Not a good sign! Really hasn’t been a lot of good signs for them this time around; the show’s been getting around .1 rating and MTV not bothering to put their show up on their website after the first week indicates a lack of interest. Still, they were on 9 AM on Saturday, not a easy time, and if MTV’s going to make the decision to cut them after 3 episodes, why did you bother bringing them back to start with? Seems like they were just stringing people along.
Last season lasted 7 episodes. This would be a 4 episode season, with many more episodes filmed. There does not appear to be any upcoming shows scheduled at the Hard Rock Cafe in Albuquerque, but they’ve been pushing show hard thru social media. There’s supposed to be a webcast with Rocky Romero tonight at 7:30pm; that could be mildly depressing. I don’t want to rule out a 3rd season, because I ruled out a 2nd season and here we are, but it seems incredibly unlikely.
Octagon talks about his turn in a video posted on AAA’s site. He blames Joaquin for bad leadership and thinks following Dorian is the way to support Antonio Pena’s vision. He doesn’t think he’ll have a problem with Super Fly.
Necro Butcher says the craziest luchador is Angel o Demonio: “I think he escaped from a psychiatric ward.”
Dorian Roldan’s busy week included figuring out the final to the Quien Pinta para la Corona contest today. The website for the contest put up profiles of finalists Reyna Azteca (SLP)and , Maligno (SLP)
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Lucha Libre in Japan
10/20 AJPW: KENSO [O], Kaz Hayashi & KAI b Joe Doering, Dark Ozz & Dark Cuervo [X]
IWRG (SUN) 10/23/2011 Arena Naucalpan
1) ? vs
2) ? vs
3) Eterno, Multifacético, Oficial Spartans vs Apolo Estrada, King Drako, Picudo Jr.
4) Trauma I vs Hijo de Pirata Morgan [IWRG JUNIORS]
5) Demente Extreme, Super Mega, Violento Jack vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
DTU vs IWRG main event.
LyC (SUN) 10/23/2011 Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Gemelo Muerte I vs Gemelo Muerte II, Rey Imagen, Rey Dragon, Genocida, Scravos, Furor, Dralion, Golden Boy, Gato Fantasma, Rey Demonio Jr., Angel Dorado Jr., Hijo del Ninja, Hijo de Konan Big, Big Neurosis, Simbolo [Gran Prix, Copa Coliseo 25 Aniversario]
That’s Hijo de Konnan Big’s debut. He looks about 16 in the poster.
Todo x el Todo (THU) 11/03/2011 Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera
1) Rossy Moreno & Sexy Lady vs La Vaquerita & Ludark Shaitan
2) Mascarita Plateada vs Octagoncito (original) [WWA MINI]
3) Huracan Ramirez Jr. & Rayman vs Angel Blanco Jr. & El Dandy
4) ?, Dos Caras Sr., Rayo de Jalisco Jr. vs Blue Demon Jr., Canek, Cien Caras Jr.
5) El Hijo Del Santo vs El Hijo del Solitario
Not a mask match, a build to the mask match they may someday get around to doing if someone will pay for it.
Second match is the most interesting; last time this promotion used the Mascarita Plateada gimmick, it was Mascarita Dorada during a brief dispute with CMLL. It’s implied to be the same guy again, which mean he’d be back outside of CMLL. He hasn’t appeared in CMLL in three weeks (though he was on the CMLL Tijuana show last weekend), but Dorada does go stretches without turning up in CMLL.