IWL (SAT) 10/15/2011 Unidad Deportiva Javier Rojo Gomez, Tulancingo, Hidalgo [IWL]
1) Rocky Lobo b Articuz, Lancelot
No Concord, so a tag match became a triangle.
2) Big Mama & El Alfil b Centinela & Ojo Diabólico Jr.
Centinela replaced Marvin, El Afil replaced El Abuelito.
3) Latin Star b Kansuke, Maravilla Negra
4) Black Fire, Peligro, Zignus b Dragon de Plata, Naruto, Rex
Dragon de Plata replaced Hardman.
5) Epidemia, Fuerza Guerrera, Suicida b Amo de la Noche, Cerebro Maligno, Cerebro Negro
Fuerza Guerrera replaced Freelance.
6) 2 Tuff Tony, Gigante Warrior, Mad Man Pondo b Genesis, Konami, Scorpio Jr.
Scorpio replaced Tony Rivera.
7) Epitafio, Fantasma de la Ópera, Sepulturero I b Ángel o Demonio, León Rojo, Ovett
Originally a three way with Scorpio/Veneno/Zumbido.
8) Zumbi & Zumbido b Tony Rivera & Tribal
9) Davey Richards b Daga [ROH HEAVY]
Davey keeps the title. Originally appeared to be announced as the main evnet.
10) Super Crazy b Necro Butcher
The night prior in IWL, Necro Butcher’s trio beat Los Porros; there’s video of that match here. BT Jr. has video of the Super Crazy vs Joe Lider match and a Kansuske/Tribal/Latin Star triangle match from that show. Daga also lost on that show, to Juvi in a singles match, and IWL’s announced Daga has vacated their Junior Heavyweight Championship in response to these loses.
DTU (SAT) 10/15/2011 Arena Lopez Mateos [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), MT, Record, The Gladiatores]
1) Extreme Boy b Kalibus, Flyer, Excentrico, Miedo Extremo, Radical, Slayer, Mixus,Jhonky
2) Lily Fighter & Tacubo b Guerrero Aguila & Shitara
3) Bugambilia del Norte, Magnifica, Rey Latino b Chica Yeye, Chik Tormenta, Demente Xtreme
Magnnifica beat Tormenta, challenged for a title match.
4) Arana de Plata, Ciclope, Eterno b Alan Extreme, Flamita, Sky Angel
Alan Extreme & Sky Angel replaced Dinamic Black & Golden Magic, who were at EAW. After the match, Demoledor appeared to challenge Eterno to a hair match.
5) Super Mega b Paranoiko, Onita Santana, Alex Guajardo, Casanova, Xtreme Boy, Tony Rodriguez, Pesadilla [street fight, Primer Torneo Nacional]
6) Drastik Boy, Hormiga, Villano IV b Aero Boy, El Brazo, Violento Jack
Villano pinned Brazo. Hormiga and Violento Jack agreed to a mask vs hair match for DTU 4th Anniversary show. Aero Boy & Drastik Boy will have a “loser must retire from extreme matches” match.
7) Negro Navarro b Nicho el Millionario
Nicho missed the legdrop, Negro hit him with a lamp and submitted him.
CMLL (SUN) 10/16/2011 Arena Mexico [CMLL, La Catedral, Record]
1) Cholo & Ramstein b Camaleón & Freesbe
This is the most opening match possible.
2) Hombre Bala Jr., Höruz, Leono b Apocalipsis, Disturbio, Inquisidor
Tecnicos took 1/3. Leono submitted Inquisidor for the win.
3) Dragon Lee, Metal Blanco, Sagrado b Cancerbero, Nosferatu, Raziel
Sagrado replaced Rey Cometa. Dr. X, who had been gone for three months, was listed on the rudo side originally (even though there was no chance he was ever working). Raziel replaced him on the card after Dr. X’s death, and CMLL never actually addressed the situation.
4) Black Warrior, Blue Panther, Guerrero Maya Jr. b Ephesto, Mephisto, Rey Escorpion
Warrior beat Ephesto in the first fall, but Mephisto beat Panther, and those were the captains. Guerrero Maya pinned Mephisto with a ‘rana in the third. Warrior and Maya had some problems in the third fall, leading to the tecnicos loss. Warrior again angrily stormed out.
5) Héctor Garza, Jushin Lyger, Shocker DQ Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Texano
Tecnicos took fall 1, then Bucanero fouled Garza for the DQ.
6) Volador Jr. b Atlantis
Volador took 1 & 3, the last with the ref going down and Volador pulling Atlantis’ mask to set up the winning cradle.
Reports all weekend said many luchadors tried out for WWE during this tour, especially the two days they were in Mexico City. I believe it was Enrique Yniesta who first said there were seven CMLL wrestlers who tried out Sunday, and independent and AAA wrestlers who had tried out Saturday. La Catedral doubles that number, and says 15 CMLL luchadors tried out. Referee Edgar Noriega, who’s also Paco Alonso’s nephew and on the programming committee at last check, was reported by SuperLuchas to be among a few CMLL official sitting in the first rows at Sunday’s SmackDown taping.
edit: Over on Facebook, La Catedral says his post should be taken to mean “15 CMLL luchadors have tried out all time”, and not just today.
On the actual show, Sin Cara Azul (Mistico) defeated Sin Cara Negro for his mask, as was expected. Does not appear they had the former Mystico/Incognito/Hunico announce his name. This show was already 90% (or more) sold out before they announced this match; how many months of 10K shows would CMLL have gotten if they had run the same feud? It was too late by then, but Incognito would’ve been the best possible leader of the Invasors for the shock factor.
WWE also announced Mil Mascaras will be inducted in their Hall of Fame in 2012. The induction ceremony is held the weekend of WrestleMania.
Amapola response to Marcela’s title challenge on Friday: “Once again Marcela, I’ve lost track if you’ve lost 10, 11 or 12 times, but I’m not invincible and miracles do exist, so I will see you next week.” They clearly thought they were going to have the title match next week, but Amapola mocking the number of time they’ve done this match is hilarious.
SuperLuchas #434 has Mil Mascaras & Dr. X. The magazine actually had the news about Mil in the HOF earlier today, which is why you subscribe.
SuperLuchas also says CMLL demanded Dr. X sign a new contract which would’ve allowed them to cut him at any time if he lost his mask. Mexican workers have certain rights to continued employment as long as they’re showing up to work, which came up with the Psicosis/Alebrije/others vs AAA legal situation. It sounds like CMLL was asking Dr. X to give up those rights in exchange for a mask payoff, he refused, and there probably was (is?) an ongoing legal situation. Dr. X being listed for CMLL shows they knew he wasn’t going to be at probably plays in to it – gives CMLL ’cause’ to fire Dr. X for not showing, even though they knew Dr. X was not showing.
Lucha Libre in Japan
AJPW 10/16: 4) Taiyo Kea [O], Kenzo, Kaz Hayashi b Ozz, Cuervo, Masada [X]
La Comandate and Seuxis lost the main event in this weekend’s REINA show. I think Lady Afrodita won the first match in her league tournament.
- Jimmy Wang Yang & Hijo de Rey Misterio won the main event of the EAW show in Toluca.
- DJ Spectro points to some El Toreo matches he’s found.
1) Argus, Junior, Kid Tornado vs Dance Extreme Boy, Lord Freeze, Rey Gato
2) Carta Brava, Estrella Blanca Jr., Hijo de Clímax, Hijo de Estrella Blanca vs Hombre sin Rostro, Kilvan, Ronny Ventura, Tormento
3) Sádico vs Flamita [AULL Light]
4) Aeroboy, Pesadilla, Rocky Santana vs Coco Amarillo, Coco Azul, Coco Rojo Jr.
5) Chucho el Roto, Iron Love, Tony Rivera vs Fuerza Guerrera, Juventud Guerrera, Zumbido