Both Jushin Lyger and Volador Jr. say they’ve been training hard for tonight’s Leyenda de Plata match, including watching video of others and spotting weaknesses to exploit. They both hope/expect the support of the crowd tonight. The crowd is going to support Volador, no question. It’s a bit the Mexico vs Japan thing, a part the rudo fans adopting Volador as the highest idol, and at least a little bit that no one knows or understands why Lyger is a tecnico this time thru after his previous rudo reigns of destruction. CMLL’s last three major rudo to tecnico turns – Atlantis, Hector Garza and Lyger – have not been turns, just the rudos declaring they’re tecnicos. This has been a reoccurring problem since Mistico’s run run over, and they won’t stop doing it.
Not a lot else going on tonight’s card. The semimain continues the Atlantis/Niebla and maybe Panther/Casas issues. Women’s match could be pretty good.
La Catedral breaks down the new luchador frame by frame! I kind of hope CMLL debuts a guy that looks nothing like the guy in the vignette, just to screw with everyone. Anyway, he’s pretty convinced they’ve cut together multiple people posing.
Many of AAA’s wrestlers are in Tijuana tonight for a show with LA Park vs Dr. Wagner in a singles match. It was originally for Wagner’s AAA Latin American title, which Wagner clearly isn’t going to lose two days Heroes Inmortales, but I believe they switched it to the UWA Heavyweight Title at a press conference to hype this up. Hope everyone’s drug tests go better than they did for the Guerreros. These guys all head from here to Monterrey for the next two days.
A sad day for X-Fly fans: he’s lost one of his many championships. They had to take away from him in the board room, because he clearly can never be beat. IWL stripped X-Fly and Bestia of the IWL Tag Team Championship. Their explanation is X-Fly & Bestia defended the titles without their authorization (that appears to be true, though way back in May) and when they tried to contact Damian to get assurances this would not happen again, Damian never responded. Their show on 10/22 has a four way for the titles, with Electroshock & Aerostar, Balls Mahoney & Low Rider, El Suicida & Daga, and, contradictorily enough, Dr. X-Treme & Super Crazy of Perros del Mal. Full card below
Arkangel is heading to Japan next week to wrestle on Mr. Cacao’s latest Fukumenmania show on 10/15. His exact match has been mentioned.
A New York Times profile of writer/producer Mike White says he and Jack Black gave the money they received for producing Nacho Libre to charity in Mexico, most of it to Fray Tormenta’s orphanage.
Lucha Libre in Japan
6) Mil Mascaras [O], Dos Caras, Tiger Mask I b Tiger Mask IV, CIMA, Ultimo Guerrero [X] – Mil pinned UG with a bodyprss.
Ayumi, who must be racking up a lot of frequent flyer miles this month, retained the X-LAW title in the opener.
- Rafael el Maya talks about his return to the ring; CMLL had him on administrative/locker room jobs in the meantime.
- Crazy Boy talks to The Gladiatores about the DTU vs IWRG match.
- IWL has breast cancer awareness graphics that are just weird
IWRG (SUN) 10/09/2011 Arena Naucalpan
1) Saruman & Tritón vs Dark Devil & Imposible
2) Astro de Plata Jr. & Astro Rey Jr. vs Alan Extreme & Keshin Black
3) Dinamic Black, Eterno, Golden Magic vs Oficial 911, Oficial Fierro, Oficial Spartans
4) Trauma I vs Hijo de Pirata Morgan [Juniors]
5) Cien Caras Jr., Hijo de Máscara Año 2000, Máscara Año 2000 Jr. vs El Hijo del Solitario, Pirata Morgan, Super Crazy
Missed this one previously.
PROLLM (SUN) 10/16/2011 Coliseo Coacalco
***Coliseo Coacalco 14th Anniversary Show***
1) Tahura & Ukkonen vs Kid Shadow & Monumental
2) Albatros & Chicago Rush vs Raiden & Sangre Imperial and Aramis & Maverick and Ares & Dragon Cosmico and Dragon Negro & Nekir and Forastero & Rey Dinamico and Ciclon Infernal & Rey Jusitica and Demonio Baltazr & Golden Cat and Gander & Ztizan and Kalibus & Wizard
3) Jeque, Miss Gaviota, Último Vampiro vs Black Tower, Cyborg, Judas el Traidor
4) Solar I vs Negro Navarro [MASTER]
5) Cachorro Mendoza, Justiciero, Ringo Mendoza vs Cien Caras, Emilio Charles Jr., Máscara Año 2000
6) Magnifico vs Dr. Cerebro [hair]
Loaded show for the tent! The one match with all those people is an eight team tournament. I honestly do not know who wins the main event.
DTU (SAT) 10/15/2011 Arena Lopez Mateos
1) Arsenal, Miedo Extremo, Mixus, Slayer vs ?, ??, Extreme Boy, Kalibus
2) Kaleth vs Dinatia, Pequeno Cobra
3) Black Fire & Tacubo vs Lily Fighter & Shitara
4) Bugambilia, Magnifica, Rey Latino vs Chica Yeye, Chik Tormenta, Demente Xtreme
5) Dinamic Black, Flamita, Golden Magic vs Arana de Plata, Ciclope, Eterno
6) Onita Santana vs Paranoiko, Apolo Estrada Jr., Disturbio, Extreme Warrior, Super Mega, Pesadilla, Alex Guajardo, Tony Rodriguez, Casanova [street fight]
7) Drastik Boy, Hormiga, Villano IV vs Aero Boy, El Brazo, Violento Jack
8) Negro Navarro vs Nicho el Millionario
Full lineup to next week’s DTU show. In a ten way DTU street fight, how do you tell who’s in the match, and who’s actually just hanging around and watching?
IWL (SAT) 10/22/2011 Rodeo Santa Fee
1) ? vs ?
2) ? vs ?
3) ? vs ?
4) ? vs ?
5) Perico vs Tribal, Freelance, Samurai del Sol, Quimico, Kansuke, Eterno, Súper Fly, Latin Star, ATM
6) Aerostar & Electroshock vs Balls Mahoney & Low Rider and Daga & Suicida and Dr. X-Treme & Super Crazy
7) Tony Rivera vs Zumbido [hair, mask]
8) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs 2 Tuff Tony, Giant Warrior, Mad Man Pondo and Ángel o Demonio, León Rojo, Ovett and Cerebro Negro, Fantasma de la Ópera, Sepulturero I [bullriding match, hair, mask]
I don’t know what a bull riding match is, but we’ll find out together.