taped 2011-07-24 @ Instalaciones de la Feria, Tulancingo
A lame duck show with a bit of randomness and a bit more of people getting hurt.
TORYUMON MEXICO (SUN) 08/14/2011 Sala de Armas Magdalena Mixhuca [Black Terry Jr, The Gladiatores]
Attendance: 3000 (according to Dragon)
1) Bizarro b Hanaoka
2) Rolling Boy b Robin (CMLL)
3) Ara Bonsai & Lluvia b Dalys la Caribeña & Goya Kong
4) Demus 3:16 b Eléctrico, Masivo
5) El Hijo del Medico Asesino & Negro Navarro b Hijo del Solar & Solar I
6) Rey Bucanero, Trauma I, Trauma II DQ Magnus, Maquita, Último Dragón
Maquita is Brazo de Platino in a mask for a sponsorship deal. Bucanero relieved him of his mask for the DQ.
IWRG (SUN) 08/14/2011 Arena Naucalpan [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), The Gladiatores]
1) Alan Extreme & Dark Devil b Dragon Fly & Guizmo
2) Bugambilia del Norte & Centurión b Imposible & Keshin Black
3) Black Terry, Carta Brava Jr., Hammer b Dr. Cerebro, King Drako, Polifacético
Carta Brava Jr. replaced Golden Magic. Last two falls for the tecnicos.
4) Dr. X-Treme, Mortiz, Semental b Bugambilia, Dinamic Black, Golden Magic
Argos and Veneno were replaced by Golden Magic and Bugambilia (working twice, so some of these were unexpected absences.)
5) Durok, Freeyser, Machín b Kortiz, Ray Mendoza Jr., Villano IV
Kortiz’s debut on a regular IWRG show ended for him on a stretcher due to Freeyzer. Prior to that, the Villanos took the first fall (the first fall dropped by the new team.) Freeyzer took out Kortiz in the second, and IWRG trio took advantage of the number advantage to get the last fall. Bloody match, with the Villanos demanding a rematch.
La Magnifica, daughter of Gran Cochisse and interviewed at the tribute show to her father, talked a bit about her participation in the Quien Para La Corona AAA talent search. She was told the winner would be determined in Monterrey (Heroes Inmortales weekend?) and she was leaving Guadalajara for the final round on September 3rd. That would seem like there’s probably only one or two more tryouts and maybe a month of training before they narrow down the finals. Tracking down info on this contest is remarkable hard for a talent search contest, but not so remarkable for a AAA (& Mexico) production. I’ve never been able to find a list of where they’re going and when on their website, for one.
NJPW announced Lyger’s trip to CMLL as for “an indefinite amount of time.” I’m okay with that.