CMLL Press Conference/Mistico
SuperLuchas seemed pretty well convinced this afternoon’s press conference would deal with Mistico – either handing out the identity to someone new, or even possibly bringing the old one back. Nothing that exiciting happened, though that story is still hanging around.
What CMLL did announce was the formal move of Hector Garza and Atlantis to the tecnico side. Both have been heading that way for a while, though Ultimo Guerrero & Dragon Rojo just did an interview yesterday telling people not to believe the gossip about a possible split with Atlantis. (Ultimo Guerrero blamed whoever’s was putting together the matches with them on opposite sides – that’d probably be Ultimo Guerrero.) This is about the least exciting way to formalize the turn, so there it is. There was also a discussion of the upcoming minis ruleta de la muerte tournament, which means they have may have decided on who’s actually in and out and maybe even the teams.
And that’s about it. That’s a very thin slate for a CMLL press conference, and the people there seemed to think there was more planned that was cut, which feeds back to the Mistico stuff. No mention of the anniversary show, which is about a month and a half away. Not even a date!
Meanwhile, Enrique Yneista says Mistico has left WWE and is back in
CMLL Mexico. I haven’t seen anyone else confirm it yet. SuperLuchas earlier mentioned that Hunico was told he would be on the Mexico City TV tapings, which means the plan (today) is for him to be around for quite a while.
Edit: CMLL.com adds that Jushin Lyger will be returning on 09/14, but oddly as a tecnico. Hiroshi Tanahashi’s start date is 08/28.
CMLL ref Rafael “El Maya” Gonzalez, sidelined due to a heart issue months ago, took the press to complain about the lack of support given to him by the union. There’s a scan of the article on Box Y Lucha’s forum, from an interview with El Grafico. CMLL won’t let him return until he passes medical tests (which are coming 09/01), so he went to the wrestlers/referees union for monetary assistance. The secretary in charge rejected him, because he had medical conditions and not an in-ring condition. Maya also says his friends want to run a benefit show for him, but the union is blocking it, blaming the same secretary.
At the AAA children’s hospital charity benefit show in Hidalgo this weekend, Konnan welcomed Nicho into La Sociedad. This will be completely ignored elsewhere, but that’s about where the TV version of the angle appears to be going; at some point, Nicho’s going to be part of that faction (and unsuspended – not that he’s missing any shows now.)
AAA has a video promoting the Perros del Mal giveaways as part of their upcoming contest. Of internet, this is the first time Perro Aguayo Jr. has appeared on anything AAA related since the Naucalpan taping right before TripleMania.
There will be a tribute show for Gran Cochisse this Saturday in Arena Roberto Paz in Guadalajara. The email post notes he trained Palacio Negro, Metal Blanco, Mascara Dorada. Kind of funny how those guys are all (now) doing very well, all the Arkangel trained Gen11 guys (except Hijo del Signo) are doing poorly, and Arkangel’s the one still training for CMLL.
CMLL in Japan
2) Hiroyoshi Tenzan  b La Sombra  (Anaconda Vice, 9:16)
5) MVP  b Strong Man  (Oyasumi, 8:18)
Arkangel trainee (and cooking student) La Afrodita has turned up in REINA. She’ll be there six months, starting with her first show on Sunday.
- Amapola wants to make sure we know Negro Navarro trained here. Also, she wants Lady Apache’s hair.
- Lolita is Sexi Star’s opponent on the Perros vs XPW show.
- Laredo Kid, spotted handing out flyers in a mall to promote a show in Laredo this weekend.
- The Climax family talk about the family business: printing.
- Mr. Aguila says CMLL gave him permission to work indy shows and he’s on good terms right now.
- A poster on Cronicas y Leyendas says Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Virus is the best match he’s seen this year.
- Segunda Caida reviews the latest four way tag from the Morgans.
- The TripleMania 19 DVD is now on sale in stores (like this one) for 99 MX Pesos ($8 USD). It’s definitely worth that much. No idea if they shorterned it (they’ve done that was previous released) or added any extra/bonus features.
- Psycho Clown is now #1 in the Record rankings.
The Arena Queretaro lineup I had previously was for THIS week – this past Tuesday. Presumably Ultimo Guerrero beat Mr. Niebla to keep the Heavyweight title, that probably would’ve come up.
Sunday’s Arena Coliseo Monterrey show now does not list Felino & Angel de Oro.
Neza Kid vs Suicida feud continues!
CMLL (TUE) 08/16/2011 Arena Mexico
1) Bengala & Freesbe vs Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Enrique Vera Jr., Hombre Bala Jr., Metálico vs Bobby Zavala, Rayo Tapatío I, Rayo Tapatío II
3) Goya Kong, Marcela, Silueta vs La Seductora, Princesa Blanca, Zeuxis
4) Diamante, Fuego, Toscano vs Misterioso Jr., Shigeo Okumura, Yoshihashi
5) Blue Panther, La Máscara, Rush vs Mr. Águila, Olímpico, Volador Jr.
Rayos vs Gen11 feud moves to Tuesday…except now they’re teaming with a Gen11 guy.
That would be Diamante’s return to main CMLL rings. Still unsure what’s going on with Toscano.
Rush/Aguila appears to be a new running feud.
CMLL (TUE) 08/16/2011 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Thunder Boy vs Metalik
2) Leo & Super Halcon Jr. vs Inquisidor & Malefico
3) Astral vs Pierrothito
4) Gallo, Metro, Stuka Jr. vs Euforia, Nosferatu, Virus
5) Ángel de Oro, La Sombra, Valiente vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
Nosferatu right back to teaming with the Cancerberos without actually being one.
This would be Sombra’s return match; he’ll have to jump on a plain direct to GDL to make it.