CMLL (TUE) 08/30/2011 Arena Mexico [CMLL, MT, Record]
1) Höruz & Trueno b Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Dalis la Caribeña & Marcela b La Seductora & Princesa Blanca Marcela won in straight falls, then challenged Blanca to a title and a hair match.
3) Ángel Azteca Jr., Ángel de Plata, Starman b Arkángel de la Muerte, Nitro, Skándalo Tecnicos took 1/3.
4) Dragon Lee, Puma King, Shocker b Rey Cometa, Rey Escorpion, Último Guerrero [Relevos Increíbles] Almost a Forjando un Idolo throwback, except Puma wasn’t on Shocker’s team. Rey Cometa worked as a rudo to fit in his partners. Said to be very good. UG’s team took the first fall, but Shocker’s team took the last two, including Shocker beating UG with the reinera in the third.
5) Olímpico, Psicosis, Volador Jr. b Ángel de Oro, Rush, Super Porky Looks like Volador figured out how to give the Sombra killing headscissors piledriver to Angel de Oro for the win.
6) Felino DQ Rey Bucanero Felino took the first, Bucanero the second in quick falls. In the third, Felino fouled Rey Bucanero for the DQ. Felino continued to attack Bucanero after the mat
No full results from GDL, but Luchas 2000 mentions Virus kept the Super Lightweight title over Stuka. Also, Dark Angel’s TNA tag team partner Rosita was spotted hanging out with her. I don’t watch any TNA – would she theoretically fit in CMLL?
Box Y Lucha #3041 has figured out there might some issue with Sin Cara. You don’t say! Last night on WWE TV, it looked like they were starting a heel turn for Hunico Sin Cara. The purpose of putting Hunico out there using the Sin Cara iidentity was to keep the kid friendly face character, so there’s no way they’re turning Hunico heel unless Mistico (or, who knows, someone else) is coming back as heroic Sin Cara. That’s the only logic I can figure out, but I must note there’s a lot illogical stuff that has occurred.
(I’m sure the WON will have all different stuff tomorrow. Tune in and find out!)
Dr. X-Treme again says he’s not an X-Treme wrestler despite the name. He really should blame whoever came up with that name for this confusion. X-Treme says he’s not afraid of hardcore wrestling or any style, because he’s an expert in all sorts of disciplines (including a black belt in karate!) Here’s a list of alternative Dr “X” sounding the names he could’ve gone with, off the top of my head: Dr. Xpolosion (danger of being booked in explosion matches), Dr. Xpert, Dr. Excel (either could go a Dr. XL direction, or he could team with Professor Word and Mr. Outlook), Dr. Executive…
Perros del Mal action figures. Guess they’re working on the Nicho one.
CMLL (MON) 09/05/2011 Arena Puebla
1) Asturiano, Black Tiger, Tigre Rojo vs Ares, Arissma, Sauron
2) Pequeño Halcón, Shocker, Último Dragoncito vs Mercurio, Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Universo 2000
3) Dragon Lee, Fuego, Stuka Jr. vs Loco Max, Nitro, Skándalo
4) Blue Panther, La Máscara, Máscara Dorada vs Averno, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Mephisto
5) Atlantis vs Último Guerrero
Ultimo Guerrero is 3-0 vs Atlantis in known singles matches:
2003-07-13 Último Guerrero b Atlantis [CMLL LH]
2004-08-17 Último Guerrero b Atlantis [CMLL LH]
2005-05-31 Último Guerrero DQ Atlantis [CMLL LH]
Tanahashi is a decent Ephesto.
IWL (SAT) 09/17/2011 Centros de Convenciones, Tlanepantla
1) Heddi Karaoui vs Electroshock
2) Balls Mahoney & Low Rider vs Extreme Tiger & Jack Evans and Freelance & Tony Rivera and Naruto & Zumbido [#1 Contenders, IWL TAG]
3) Daga vs Sucidia, Craig Classic [IWL JR]
4) ATM & Mad Man Pondo vs Los Porros
5) Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown vs Beast the Clown, Doink, Gigant Clown
First anniversary show. This will be an iPPV, but without the main event and the four way tag match (AAA guys can’t appear on iPPV.) It’ll also not air until the next day.
AULL (SUN) 08/28/2011 Arena Lopez Mateos ***Scorpio Jr. 27th Anniversary Show*** 1) Traficante Jr. b Figura 2) Leopardo Negro, Maligno Negro, Principe Zarath b Ghost Rider, Rayito Mendoza, Shar Boy 3) Kilvan, Ronny Ventura, Tormento b Danny Boy, Rey Kristal, Ronny el Italiano 4) Chucho el Roto b Terry 2000 [AULL LH] Chucho (challenger) took the first, Terry 2000 evened it with an armbar in the second. Iron Love interfered, but it backfired. 5) Fuerza Guerrera, Rocky Santana, Scorpio Jr. b Coco Amarillo, Coco Azul, Coco Rojo Oddly switched to the semimain. Scorpio’s team won 2/3, Scorpio sneaking in a foul on Coco Rojo. 6) Mr. Potro b Iron Love [AULL HEAVY] Iron Love won a quick first fall, Mr. Potro tied it up in the second, then held onto his title when Chucho el Roto distracted Iron Love.
CMLL (SUN) 08/28/2011 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring, Tokineros]
1) El Divino b Relampago
2) Rey Trueno & Súper Comando b Leo & Robin Leo replaced Black Metal
3) Goya Kong, Lluvia, Marcela b Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit
4) Leono b Exterminador [hair] Leono took 1/3.
5) La Sombra, Máximo, Shocker DQ Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas Tecnicos took 2/3. Shocker faked a foul from Mr. Niebla
CMLL (MON) 08/29/2011 Arena Puebla [Cinco Radio]
4) Histeria, Olímpico, Psicosis b Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr., Hijo del Fantasma Bit of an upset.
5) Averno, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Último Guerrero b Atlantis, Héctor Garza, La Sombra Ultimo Guerrero snuck in a foul on Atlantis. There were challenges for a singles match next week.
Puebla lineups have been showing up rather quick of late, but nothing here for next week yet.
Dorian Roldan announced Sting as the mystery star from the US that hadn’t been in the promotion before. He’ll work as a big name. We’ll probably have a better idea of where he fits in after the TV taping, but right now, it seems like Mesias is with Jarrett for the title, Zorro is with LA Park, Wagner seems with Perro, and Parka is still busy with the Bizarros. I don’t think Sting would be here to work with anyone below that level, so something’s being turned into a tag/trios/whatever match (which might help out by giving Sting someone he’d be more comfortable working with. I don’t know if Sting is a big deal to the Mexican audience, but there’s a better chance of it than Samoa Joe and Mr. Anderson, combined.
Felino is very upset at Rey Bucanero for turning his son Tiger against him. It’s not Bucanero’s fault, guys with “T” names just like to hang out with him lately. Felino and Bucanero have a singles match tonight.
At today’s NJPW, Jushin Liger did a post match promo saying his trip to Mexico might last five years, thirty years, or he may never return to Japan. I’m okay with all of this, even though he was clearly goofing around about the “indefinite” length of his trip.
Upon arriving in Mexico, Tanahashi was caught off guard by the recent CMLL changes; he expected to be facing Ultimo Guerrero to prove he’s the best heavyweight champion in Mexico, but now Garza has it. And Atlantis is tecnico, strange! Tanahashi also plans on winning the trios titles again while he’s here, noting he’s seen Sombra and Mascara Dorada in Japan (La Mascara’s trip has been forgotten – or hopefully rebooted out of existence.) After not really doing much with Naito or Nakamura, and with a lot of other things to take care, I wouldn’t expect much but random trios for Tanahashi on this trip.
Alberto del Rio, apparently stuck in Mexico clearing up visa issues, is killing time doing interviews. He says Mil Mascaras was in the front for his title win at SummerSlam, and it seems like you’re not allowed to bring up “Dos Caras Jr.” by name when talking about him interviews now. I wonder – actually more, I expect – if Hunico turns up as Sin Cara in October, the press people who’ve been writing about the situation so far will either stop doing bringing it up or stop being accredited to WWE events.
Super Star, Armando Lopez, passed away last Friday.
Atlantis says the classic lucha style is better, because he’s lasted 20 years without a surgery while extreme wrestlers have short careers.
CMLL (SUN) 09/04/2011 Arena Coliseo
1) Bengala & Enrique Vera Jr. vs Rayo Tapatío I & Rayo Tapatío II
2) Demus 3:16, Mascarita Dorada, Shockercito vs Astral, Pequeño Violencia, Pequeño Warrior [Relevos Increíbles]
3) Amapola vs Dark Angel, La Seductora, Lady Apache, Marcela, Dalys la Caribeña, Goya Kong, Lluvia, Princesa Blanca, Silueta [PWR WOMEN, #1 Contenders]
4) Black Warrior, Hijo del Fantasma, Toscano vs El Alebrije, Olímpico, Volador Jr.
5) La Sombra, Máximo, Shocker vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, Mr. Niebla, Texano
Princesa Sugeith is the current PWR champion, having won in from Lady Apache just before she went on maternity leave. She’s the obvious favorite to win it back in what looks like it might be a pretty good match.
Are they going somewhere with the minis? Is it odd to start a minis feud the week after you’ve done the big mini match for the year?
(been working on this post off and on for a couple weeks. Hope it holds together.)
The ballots for this year’s Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame are out. It’s the closest thing to a legit hall of fame. I am not so interested in hall of fames for a lot of the same reason I decided I wasn’t much interested in awards this year. It’s often junk food history, which isn’t even a problem itself until people start treating it like a real meal. I’d like to have some history with some real meat. (Also, the whole Ron Santo/Baseball Hall of Fame thing.) Wisely, the rest of the world goes on without my weird thoughts about things, so this hall of fame still exists and is generally respected.
Yet: I have a vote this year, for the first time ever. Since I find this situation weird, I thought I’d make it weirder by soliciting opinions from readers about where my vote should go. There are a lot of people smarter than me reading this (smart enough not to be the one writing this), and I could stand to learn a bit more from you. I’m restricting my votes to the luchadors on the ballot; I have followed US wrestling, but I don’t know/care enough about the older guys to have a balanced and well thought out ballot.
This is how the ballot is explained:
The basic criteria for the Hall of Fame is a combination of drawing power, being a great in-ring performer as well as having historical significance in a positive manner. A candidate should have something to offer in all three categories, or be someone so strong in one or two of those categories that they deserve inclusion.
The names listed below are those under considerable for this year. To be eligible, a performer must have reached their 35th birthday and completed ten years since their debut as a full-time performer, or someone who has been a full-time pro wrestler for at least 15 years.
Longevity should be a prime consideration rather than a hot two or three year run, unless someone is so significant as a trend-setter in the business, or valuable to the industry, that they should be included. However, just longevity, without being either a long-term main eventer, a top draw and/or top caliber worker should be seen as relatively meaningless.
There are ten lucha candidates. As I’ve gone thru them, there seems to be three groups: those who’s careers ended before lucha libre TV in Mexico was a factor, those who became TV stars but who’s best matches are likely to have gone untaped, and those who’s careers have mostly be on TV.
La Luchas: 2011-08-23
taped 2011-07-26 @ Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Black Metal vs Thunder Boy
2) Magnum & Metatrón vs Evola & Infierno
3) Goya Kong & Lluvia vs Mima Shimoda & Zeuxis
4) Dragon Lee, Hombre Bala Jr., Stuka Jr. vs Ephesto, Hijo del Signo, Rey Escorpion
CMLL on Teleformula: 2011-08-28
taped 2011-08-02 @ Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Metal Blanco, Palacio Negro, Sangre Azteca vs Cancerbero, Loco Max, Virus
2) Hijo del Fantasma, La Máscara, Sagrado vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Felino, Último Guerrero
Arena Coliseo Monterrey: 2011-08-28 (link)
taped 2011-08-21 @ Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Antifaz del Norte & Hator vs Humberto Garza Jr. & Máscara Púrpura – missing the finish
CMLL on LATV: 2011-08-27
taped 2011-08-09 @ Arena Mexico
1) Hombre Bala Jr., Molotov, Sensei vs Bronco, Nitro, Nosferatu
2) Ángel de Plata, Metro, Sagrado vs Hijo del Signo, Raziel, Virus
3) Ángel de Oro, La Máscara, Shocker vs Atlantis, Dragón Rojo Jr., Pólvora
4) Máscara Dorada, Rush, Super Porky vs Mr. Águila, Psicosis, Volador Jr.
IWRG (SUN) 08/28/2011 Arena Naucalpan [R de Rudo, SuperLuchas, The Gladiatores]
1) Dragon Fly & Tritón b Alan Extreme & Demente Demente debuted, lost in straight falls even though Dragon Fly was hurt in the first fall.
2) Astro de Plata Jr. & Astro Rey Jr. b Carta Brava Jr. & Picudo Jr.
3) Apolo Estrada Jr., Avisman, El Hijo del Diablo b Centurión, Hammer, Multifacético
4) Decnnis, Súper Fly, Tito Santana II DQ Dinamic Black, Golden Magic, Veneno [lumberjack strap] became a lumberjack strap match because why not. Super Fly faked a foul for the DQ, then Chris Stone and Tigre Cota ran out out to beat up IWRG people, taking Golden Magic and Dinamic Black’s masks.
5) Bestia 666, Damián 666, X-Fly b Monster Clown, Murder Clown, Psycho Clown and Kortiz, Ray Mendoza Jr., Villano IV and Black Terry, Durok, Machín [IWRG IC TRIOS, cage] New champs. The Psycho Circus were defending the title, with the other teams hairs and masks on the line. Temerarios were first out, followed by Villanos. Match came down to Murder and Psycho vs unnamed Perro. Murder started to leave, did a plancha off the cage instead, but hurt his knee in the process. Damian was second to last out, is now champion.
LLUSA (SUN) 08/28/2011 (SAT) 08/27/2011 Hard Rock Cafe, Hard Rock Casino, Albuquerque, NM [PWTorch]
1) Chirssy Cialis & Vladamiro b Octagoncito & Pequeño Halloween Rebecca Reyes & Evil Park attacked the tecnicso before the match.
2) Mr. Águila b Huracan Ramirez Jr. whichever Huracan Ramriez Jr. apparently gassed early.
3) Celestial & Magno b Jon Rekon & Petey Williams Non-title. Celestial is the Perros del Mal mini. Petey pulled Magnos’ mask, but he had another one behind it. Rekon was blinded by an eye rake, then took out Petey to give the luchadors the win.
4) El Hijo de Aníbal b Chi Chi
5) Lady Luck b Rebceca Reyes [lingerie] In a skit earlier, Lady Luck had debuted, helping Good Mini Park against Reyes and Evil Mini Park and setting up this match. Luck won, 2 pieces of clothing to 1.
6) Mr. Águila & Oriental DQ Lizmark Jr. & Tinieblas Jr. Tineiblas & Lizmark, part of Sol, had earlier threatened Oriental, with Aguila offering to team with him. Two masked Sol members ran in for the DQ. Those two men seemingly randomlly turned on each other, with one being revealed as Sydistiko and the other as Anibal Jr. Tinieblas, Anibal (and maybe Oriental?) were run off. Aguila, Lizmark and Sydistiko are the new version of Treachery. A later skit reenforced the idea of a trios feud between the two remixed sides.
7) Marco Corleone b Stevie Richards based off an earlier confronation between Stevie and the international tecnico group. Marco won clean.
8) RJ Brewer b Magno [LLUSA HEAVY] first time Brewer was able to defeat Mango, thought it took pulling his tights. Both groups brawled after the match, teasing the Marco/RJ title match.
9) PR Flyer & San Juan Kid b Rocky Romero & Súper Nova and Máscara Púrpura & Medianoche [#1 Contenders, LLUSA TAG, TLC] spotfest. Rekon & Williams ran in to tie Nova & Romero to the ropes to stop them from winning the shot, but couldn’t stop the PR Powers.
No next taping date announced. Rebecca Reyes was hinting on Twitter about Big News Coming Soon!, but we’ve been told that big news is coming since January.
IWL (SUN) 08/14/2011 Auditorio Municipal de Tetela de Ocampo [SL428]
(skipping to the part you need to know about) 5) Máscara Sagrada, Super Crazy, Super Muñeco DQ ATM, Pirata Morgan, Scorpio Jr. ATM, a masked fellow in a super hero space man outfit, was the surprise luchador on the rudo side. Rudos were DQed when Fantasma de la Opera ran in and Super Muneco when the tecnicos were about to win. 6) Fantasma de la Ópera L Sepulturero I and Zumbido and Peligro and Fishman Jr. andKonami and Kung Fu Jr. and Daga and Zumbi and Tony Rivera [cage, hair] Cerebro Negro (just his hair) and Pesdailla were replaced by Konami and Sepulturero. Tony Rivera took Fantasma de la Opera’s hair when Super Muneco threw a beer in Fantasma’s face.
Also from SuperLuchas: Canelo Casas took Mascara Negra’s mask. Mascara Negra is Ignacio Martinez, 32 years old.
Lucha POP (SAT) 08/27/2011 Arena Lopez Mateos [Black Terry Jr. (flickr), MT (4,6), MT (all others)] 1) Ángel de la Noche b Destello 2) Shitara & Terremoto Negro b Dashuri & Tribal and Ashley & Black Mamba Dashuri replaced Lily Fighter. Teremoto Negro replaced. 3) Angelico b Gran Apache Angelico won with a bit of a distraction from Trauma II. 4) Vanely b Chik Tormenta, Yuki Star [#1 Contenders, POP FEMENIL] Vanely got the win, then Chik Tormenta attacked both Yuki Star and Vanely until Black Mamba made the save. 5) Zumbi b Mr. Porto Zumbi passed Ultimo Gladiador’s first challenge, though he put his feet on the ropes to do it. Rocky Santana objected on behalf of his fellow AULL member, which sets up a Santana/Potro vs Zumbi/Tribal tag match. 6) La Vaquerita b Keira, Lolita [POP FEMENIL] Lolita was eliminated first by the other two. Vaquerita took a chair shot while going for a dive. Lolita and Keira teased a fight, but ended up forming a partnership to beat up Vaquerita. If only they had thought of that before the match! Chik Tormenta sorta made the save, sorta attacked Vaquerita too. None of these people are getting the next title shot, but maybe there’s a tag match here. 7) Trauma I & Trauma II b Black Terry & Negro Navarro Trauma II beat Navarro for the win. Money was thrown in the match. Angelico came out to challenge for a Angelico/Navarro vs Traumas match, and there was a Navarro/Apaches family challenge here as well. 8) Extreme Tiger b Fenix (AAA), Atomic Boy, Samurai del Sol Instead of a tag match, this was a four way. Fenix & Atomic Boy teamed up, but got beat at the same time, and Tiger beat Samurai to win it.
CMLL (SUN) 08/28/2011 Arena Coliseo [CMLL, La Catedral]
1) Höruz & Trueno b Artillero & Zayco Tecnicos took 2/3.
2) Demus 3:16, Eléctrico, Mascarita Dorada DQ Astral, Pequeño Violencia, Pequeño Warrior [Relevos Increíbles] Demus did not get along with his partners, but also did not get along with his opponents. Team Warrior took 2/3, the last when Demus fouled Warrior. Warrior & Demus continued to fight after teh match, the others having to break them up. Electrico was hurt on a dive and stretchered out with a ligament strain. CMLL.com already says he will be out a few weeks.
3) Fuego, Rey Cometa, Sagrado b Hijo del Signo, Hooligan, Loco Max tecnicos took 1/3, the last after a triple dive.
4) Black Warrior, Super Porky, Valiente DQ Euforia, Vangelis, Yoshihashi Tecnicos took 1, rudos 2, rudos had the third but lost it due to excessive violence on Valeinte. Might have fallen apart from the intended; Black Warrior was done earlier in the third fall due to knee injury.
5) Blue Panther, Rush, Toscano b Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto Rush replaced La Mascara. Rudos took 1/3. With his usual rival not around, Averno got away with a foul on Panther instead for the win.
Tanahashi, starting tomorrow, watched the last half of the show from the seats. That is great: someone in NJPW now knows Yoshihashi is still here.
IWRG stripped CIMA of their Welterweight Championship. The Dragon Gate wrestler had won it last June from Dr. Cerbero, who soon after talked about heading to Japan in October to get a rematch. That never happened, and whatever relationship existed between the two companies seems to have vanished.
If the whole situation was never mentioned, it’d be no different than many other big IWRG ideas that seemed to being talked about one day to not existing the next (let’s go with “Gringo Loco”, the Super X feud, all the previous new Oficials, and the create a wrestler contest as the first four I can think of), but actually stripping the title seems like there may be something more to it. IWRG haven’t stripped Gringo Loco’s title, and he doesn’t appear to be ever coming back. IWRG haven’t stripped Negro Casas or Amapola’s title despite also working for a company that’s not working with IWRG any more. (They haven’t stripped Mistico’s title either, but that one may yet work out!) All those titles being out might be part of the reason – only the new-ish lightweight title is on a regular IWRG wrestler – and so they may have needed another title for an idea that doesn’t involve someone being a Junior. And maybe there’s no real reason they picked CIMA instead of pulling back all of the missing ones. Feels like there is one, though.
By the way, the latest on Sin Cara is Hunico is the guy for the moment, but they (Vince) are not sold enough on him to just cut Mistico loose. Hunico needing three retakes this week may play a part in it, but there’s a concern Hunico may not be good enough to keep the character going. No one’s said this, but I’d guess Tuesday is going to decide this a great bit. Hunico is going to have a match with Alberto del Rio on a live show that WWE is very focused on. If he comes thru, that may be enough to give him the role full time. If he has another night like last Tuesday, that may doom him and put Mistico (or even someone else!) back in the role. I’d be surprised if WWE cut Mistico loose before the Mexico shows – just to try if they can prevent any backlash – but I think we’ll know which way they’re going really soon.
Also, this whole bit where people felt like Mistico had to be humbled and, by complete and total coincidence, he happened to fail a drug test and get suspended in a humbling manner, is quite some story. Amazing how things just happen to work out.
Pimpi says he’s a trailblazer for the exoticos and personally helped Polvo, Nygma and Pasion Cristal at points in their career, so they have no right to be jealous and attack him. Pencil this in for Heroes Inmortales.
2) Leon b Lady Afrodita (11:48)
4) Seuxis b Sendai Sachiko [CMLL-REINA IJ WOMEN, sf] (9:24)
5) Mima Shimoda, La Comandante (O), Dama de Hierro b Yumiko Hotta, Aki Kanbayashi, Saya (X) (15:22)
Tournament match is here, and the main event is up in twoparts.
The tournament is down to the expected Seuxis/Ray final, to take place on 09/10. When it sounded like Seuxis was just coming back for one show, I thought Ray would surely win, leading to her coming to Mexico for a rematch. (Not sure CMLL needs another ruda with a title belt too.) Now I’m unsure. I’m still kind of leaning towards Ray, because the Amapola/AYUMI match is a week later, the Japanese girls really need to win at least one of those, and Amapola is never losing that title.
If you ever thought I pay too much attention to this, check out the CMLL Noticias page. There’s not been much other news, I guess.
IWRG (THU) 09/01/2011 Arena Naucalpan
1) Astro de Plata Jr. & Astro Rey Jr. vs Alan Extreme & Polifacético
2) Bugambilia del Norte, Diva Salvaje, Golden Magic vs Carta Brava, Comando Negro, Picudo Jr.
3) Angelico, Dinamic Black, Hijo del Pantera, Pantera vs Apolo Estrada Jr., Avisman, Dr. Cerebro, El Hijo del Diablo
4) Hijo del Dr. Wagner Jr., Ray Mendoza Jr., Trauma I vs El Hijo del Medico Asesino, Hijo de LA Park, Máscara Año 2000 Jr.
Random trios main event of Juniors. This would be this Medico Asesino’s debut here.
Sunday’s show is the previously announced Dos Caras anniversary show.
AULL (SAT) 09/03/2011 Arena Lopez Mateos
1) Karma, Tigre de Bronce, Tigre de Plata vs Dante, Picudo Jr., Radamantis
2) Ashley, Lily Fighter, Sexy Star vs Felina Metálica, Keira, Ludark Shaitan
3) Ronny el Italiano vs Ronny Ventura
4) Angelico, México Bronco, Yakuza vs Epitafio, Herejia, Scorpio Jr.
5) Chucho el Roto vs Iron Love [AULL LH]
6) Daga, Hysteria, Juventud Guerrera vs Super Crazy, Trauma I, Trauma II
Main event including a sometimes-CMLL guy vs a sometimes-AAA guys is interesting, especially when they both used to be Histiera in AAA. Unless maybe that’s Histeria III with Daga and Juvi, which would be interesting for the existence of Histeria III.
I would assume that means Chucho el Roto beat Terry 2000 tonight to win the title tonight.
CMLL (SUN) 09/04/2011 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) ? vs ??
2) ? & ??? vs ?? & ????
3) Hombre Bala Jr. & Super Halcon Jr. vs Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
4) Dragon Lee, Gallo, Sagrado vs Shigeo Okumura, Vangelis, Yoshihashi
5) Ángel de Oro, Brazo de Plata, Valiente vs Histeria, Olímpico, Psicosis
Gallo going for revenge. Valiente in a main event!
CMLL (FRI) 08/26/2011 Arena Mexico [CMLL, Record]
1) Apocalipsis & Bronco b Camaleón & Enrique Vera Jr.
2) Arkángel de la Muerte, Nitro, Skándalo b Ángel Azteca Jr., Ángel de Plata, Hombre Bala Jr. Skandalo’s return from injury. They took 2/3, Hombre Bala costing his team the match in the third.
3) Dragon Lee, Sangre Azteca, Stuka Jr. b Nosferatu, Shigeo Okumura, Virus Tecnicos took 1/3.
4) Hijo del Fantasma b Misterioso Jr. [lightning] Misterioso tried for his Gori Special, but Fantamsa turned it into a rana for the win.
5) Atlantis, Delta, Guerrero Maya Jr. b Dragón Rojo Jr., Rey Escorpion, Último Guerrero Delta took the first. Dragon Rojo and Guerrero Maya ripped each other’s masks in the second. So did Ultimo Guerrero and Atlantis did the same. Atlantis & Maya submitted UG and Dragon for the win. Atlantis challenged for a Atlantis/Maya vs Guerrero/Dragon tag title match for next week, and the Guerreros accepted.
6) Héctor Garza, La Sombra, Shocker DQ Rey Bucanero, Terrible, Texano Rudos fouled Shocker for the DQ. Shocker & Garza challenged TRT to a hair match. Bucanero declined.
More people making charges means the anniversary show is more likely to be a cage match. Or maybe even a non-apuesta match.
The latest on Sin Cara/Mistico/Hunico is it was definitely Hunico who wrestled under the mask on Tuesday and appeared on SmackDown! Mistico met with WWE officials and left before the end of the show, which is not a good sign for him. However, Hunico had to do his match (or parts of it) three times before WWE was happy with it, which is not a good sign for him either. As of when I write this, Mistico has not been released from WWE, and it’s not implausible that he could still end up as Sin Cara given the way they keep changing their minds, or they could still be doing the Sin Cara I/Sin Cara II bit and just didn’t want to put the first one back on TV until it was time for the reveal (logically next week.) We’re still in the “who knows!” segment of this story.
I think the lesson here is WWE should’ve signed Rey Cometa as Sin Cara. I’m going with that as the lesson anyway, try to stop me.
Tonight’s the second Lucha POP show. La Vaquerita talks about how she accidentally ended up with that name and her title match on that show with Record. Other matches include Traumas vs Terry/Navarro and Extreme Tigre/Fenix vs Dark Dragon/Samurai del Sol.
CMLL Gaceta says Nosfertau was gone due to injury (which is odd, since he was still working shows with his dad about once a month) and wants to join his old friend Euforia in los Cancerberos. That’s a real storyline now, hooray.
Ras de Lona confirmed Seuxis is in Japan until November. Also, Felino was challenging Rey Bucanero (and bringing up his win over Panther) a lot. He’s going to avenge Zacarias! Bucanero said he’d be Felino in a lightning match. Zacarias made it clear that he was the biggest start of the group. Of course!
CMLL (FRI) 09/02/2011 Arena Mexico
1) Ángel Azteca Jr. & Molotov vs Bobby Zavala & Disturbio
2) Dragon Lee, Pegasso, Rey Cometa vs Misterioso II, Shigeo Okumura, Yoshihashi
3) Blue Panther, La Máscara, Rush vs Felino, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Negro Casas
4) Volador Jr. vs Máscara Dorada [lightning]
5) La Sombra vs Héctor Garza, Diamante, Ángel de Oro, Mephisto, Pólvora, Rey Bucanero, Ephesto [CMLL Universal, semifinal]
6) Dragón Rojo Jr. & Último Guerrero vs Atlantis & Guerrero Maya Jr. [CMLL TAG]
Guerrero Maya Jr. first’s Friday night match of the year was a segunda, teaming with Fuego & Magnus vs Dr. X, Loco Max, and Tiger Kid. Guerrero Maya Jr.’s second Friday night match was teaming and losing with Maximo in the first round of the Gran Alternativa. Guerrero Maya Jr.’s third Friday night match was losing to Hijo del Signo in a lightning match. The last four-five months have been very good for Guerrero Maya Jr.! Now, he just has to overcome CMLL being very clear that Dragon Rojo & Ultimo Guerrero are meant to top Rey Bucanero & Ultimo Guerrero’s title defense record.
I don’t think they’re going to do 13 matches in one night, so the Universal tournament must now be a cibernetico instead of singles matches. I’d complain, but the ciberneticos have been much better lately.
That leaves Virus, Averno, La Mascara, Mascara Dorada, Rush, Lyger and Dragon/UG (if they’re still champs) as the 09/09 block. That also means the Universal final would be on 09/16. You know, they’ve done title matches as anniversary main events before…
They flew Tanahashi over to be in tercera. Fine! They need to bring back skits just for Tanahashi and Zacarias interacting.
CMLL (MON) 08/22/2011 Arena Puebla [Porra Fresa]
1) Espiritu Maligno & Siki Osama b Asturiano & Black Tiger Rudos took 2/3.
2) Fuerza Chicana, Puma King, Tiger b Enrique Vera Jr., Lestat, Metálico Rudos took 1/3.
3) Dark Angel, Goya Kong, Lady Apache b Amapola, La Seductora, Princesa Blanca Tecnicas took 1/3 in Lady Apache’s return to the arena.
4) Felino, Misterioso Jr., Olímpico b Ángel de Oro, Blue Panther, Máximo Rudos took 2/3
5) La Máscara, La Sombra, Shocker b Atlantis, Mr. Niebla, Último Guerrero Niebla tried to keep his partners from fighting each other, but that didn’t last. UG and Atlantis fought each other multiple times. Straight fall wins for the tecnicos. Atlantis took UG’s mask after the match.
IWRG (THU) 08/25/2011 Arena Naucalpan [The Gladiatores]
1) Dragon Fly & Tritón b Gemelo Fantastico I & Gemelo Fantastico II
2) Bugambilia del Norte, Centurión, Hijo del Pantera b Comando Negro, Dark Devil, Keshin Black Hijo de Pantera was injured on a dive. Comando Negro snuck in a foul on Bugambilia to beat him and continue that feud. Bigambilia wants a title shot.
3) Angelico, Dinamic Black, Golden Magic, Pantera DQ Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro, Oficial Spartans (corrected) Tecnicos took 2/3, 911 fouling Pantera. Pantera demanded a rematch.
4) Black Terry, Durok, Machín b Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Ray Mendoza Jr., Trauma I Mascara and Mendoza had issues, leading to another Temerarios win. They took 1/3.
“CMLL Anniversary Show Booking Thru The Press” Watch
Volador Jr. says he’s tired of Hector Garza talking about taking his mask and is happy to face off with him in an mask vs hair match so he could prove who’s better. Volador adds that he does not care if Ultimo Guerrero joins the match, just that Garza ends up being bald at the end of the match.
Atlantis is telling Ultimo Guerrero that if he wants a shot as his mask, get in a line, because a lot of people want that shot.
Ultimo Guerrero and Atlantis match up again in tonight’s semifinal. Garza is in the main event. Volador, as has almost always been true since May, is nowhere to be seen on the Friday night card.
Damian and Los Perros held a press conference (video) yesterday to making the stunning news that he was not actually retiring. Instead, he will stop doing extreme matches in December (which is when the electrified cage match with Supreme will take place.) He will continue wrestling normal matches indefinitely. This explanation seems more plausible, but I’d still bet Damian will wield a light tube or chair sometime in 2012. What counts as “extreme” is very much undefined.
The press conference also talked about something called “MeXPW”, which made just as much since as Damian’s retirement to me. The XPW/Perros del Mal show was promoted with that name, and the Perros explained that’s the name they’re fighting under to fight XPW. I am unsure why they would need another name. Maybe it’s a distinction of other people doing the actual promoting. The Perros said they’d be fighting XPW in Mexico and in the United States. We’ll see!
There was a press conference to hype the fourth anniversary show for the current Arena Pavillo del Norte promoter this Sunday, with local guys hyping the CMLL guys to appear on the show. One of the local guys was not-so-local Dr. X-Treme. If he’s working this show, that lineup with him working the CMLL-ish show in Arena Solidaridad also Sunday is weirdly accurate.
1 hour = top 2. It’s listed as 1 hour in the US too, unless they wedge the Felino/Panther match in there.
AAA: THEY POSTED THIS INFO THEMSELVES! Air Force (2nd Division) vs Tito Santana/ex-CMLL, Jack/Tiger vs Escoria/Billy, Psycho Circus vs Milicia. 3 matches might mean one is short, but that’s still a show pretty full of great people.
FOX: Probably the women + Cancerberos vs Metal/Blanco/Dragon Lee
C3: Rush vs Mr. Aguila.
Mega6: Invasors vs Garza/Mascara/Dorada. Swing match is Metatron/Sensei vs Exterminador/Nitro.
TVC-Puebla: Guerreros fall apart, again.
ACM: Mascara Purpura/Garza Jr. vs Antifaz (still exists)/Hator
PdM: tonight’s show was the last of the Expo taping, not sure what they’re onto next yet. There are two other PdM themed shows between the Expo and the Junkyard/XPW show, but it’s tough to tell without the preview.
A poster on the SML board says AAA is about to hold a contest to determine a new Abismo Negro. They make it sound like it’d be between current AAA wrestlers and name Argos, Argnis, Mortiz, Drago and Semental as being half the field in a talent selection contest. This seems iffy at best to me; they’re no chance Drago is not going to be Drago going forward for one. ( I wonder if this may just be some confusion with the Quein Por la Para Corona contest, but the poster’s previous threads indicate he does know some things going in CMLL. This is also a story that’s only the top one on a slow day.) When Abismo Negro passed away, AAA was definite in that no one would take over the name to replace the original.
Ultimo Guerrero talks about his remixed group and says he has no interest in Hector Garza’s hair, but would like Atlantis mask. Maybe a relevos suicidas? Maybe a cage? Maybe we should probably know this already? That one.
Perro Aguayo Jr. challenged AAA to a “winner gets both companies” match. That is not a good deal for AAA, they’d need to get like AAA vs Perros del Mal, DTU, IWL and the Villano Gym to begin to make that equal.
There was a wallpaper of Estrellita with a Heroes Inmortales in AAA’s Facebook photo section at some point. Don’t see it now. I am not on Facebook (catchphrase) but I believe anyone can add their photos to your photo section if you just tag that person in it (depending on security permissions), and that appears to be what this was. This means less than nothing.
Los Traumas tell MT that they they decided not to use Negro Navarro Jr/Hijo de Negro Navarro because they didn’t want to be horrible and damage the name their father had built up. I bet that story is true, but the kids weren’t the ones who were concerned. Negro did come up with a name when Trauma when one was needed as a fill in, though it might have been inspired by a pirate movie.
Kind of funny to have El Hijo del Santo protesting a film that includes both nude women and his father, and also appearing on a Lucha Va Voom show. By funny, I mean “totally hypocritical, though Lucha Va Voom is still great.”
CMLL (SUN) 08/28/2011 Arena Solidaridad 1) ? vs ?? 2) ? vs ?? 3) Caifan, Chavo Lomeli, Latino vs Metal Blanco, Palacio Negro, Piloto 2000 4) Diluvio Negro I, Diluvio Negro II, Silver Star vs Dr. X-Treme, Nitro, Shigeo Okumura 5) Spartaco vs Negro Navarro [lightning, AMERICAS HEAVY] 6) Máscara Dorada, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero vs Histeria, Olímpico, Psicosis
That main event would make since if the Invasion hadn’t been done for nearly a year.
Probably not really Dr. X-Treme. Spartaco won the title here (while Trauma I still has it elsewhere).
RET (SUN) 09/11/2011 Arena Coliseo Monterrey
1) Kratos & Viento Divino vs Angel Extrim & Rey Virtud
2) Bad Falcon & Flecha vs Aborto & Okozuno
3) Fantasma de la Ópera & Principe Orquidia vs Coyote & Destroyer
4) Pedro Navajas vs Disturbio, Aeroboy
5) Black Spider vs Ángel o Demonio, Black Soul [MONTERREY EXTREMO]
6) Freelance vs Silencio, Mike Segura, Samurai de Sol, Daga
7) Joe Lider & Veneno Extremo vs Mortifero & Nicho el Millionario