taped 2011-06-05 @ Arena Coliseo
CMLL (MON) 06/13/2011 Arena Puebla [Cinco Radio, Porra Fresa]
1) Fuerza Chicana & King Jaguar b Asturiano & Centella de Oro
Fuerza Chicana replaced Siki Osama. Rudos took 1/3.
2) Dr. X, Hooligan, Loco Max b Lestat, Stigma, Tigre Rojo Jr.
Rudos took 1/3. Worst match of the night.
3) Ayumi, Luna Mágica, Marcela b Amapola, Mima Shimoda, Princesa Sugheit
Tecnicos took 1/3.
4) Ephesto, Misterioso Jr., Virus b Metal Blanco, Palacio Negro, Valiente
Rudos 1/3. Tecnicos did some big dives in 2.
5) Atlantis, Shinsuke Nakamura, Último Guerrero b Máximo, Rush, Super Porky
Maximo replaced Strong Man. Rudos took 1/3. Rush and Nakamura feuded, but weren’t involved in the finish.
Forjando Un Idolo
Group Delta vs Group Charly
Group Alfa vs Group Bravo is not up yet.
These aired on Fox Sports, but I’d assume this is longer versions. (Well, I know they are, since the first two are a lot longer than these usually air; entrances are a reason why.)
Last night’s Tercera Caida listed X-Fly in for Perro Aguayo Jr. on TripleMania, confirming other reports, but did not add any explanation for the change. There’s no official word, but there’s a thread on Box Y Lucha saying Perro was in looking out of it at Thuresday’s AAA taping and may be back in the hospital.
Rey Bucanero gives credit to luck, experience and the support of TRT for making the NWA LH final. He notes that Friday’s segunda (Porky/Fantasma/Valiente vs TRT) is now a preview for Tuesday’s title match.
Mephisto says Averno’s been working on his strength and endurance to best comabt La Mascara on Friday. His tag team partner has been getting mental prepared, because the nerves can often hurt you in big matches. Mephisto would like to accompany Averno to the ring, but believes Averno might bring Rodolfo Ruiz (they’ve been setting up Brazo de Oro in La Mascara’s corner, so that would make some sense.)
Extreme Tiger plans on countering Abyss & Mr. Anderson’s size with speed and agility. He feels like AAA has given him great opportunities this year and he feels it’s his responsibility to defend the company now.
Juvi turned in Super Crazy in a cage match Tuesday in Arena Aficion, and they fought backstage. There’s actually a reason for this: Juvi’s bringing back Super X in July 15 in Arena Azteca Budokan, and the main event will be Super Crazy vs Juvi.
La Mascara, who is going to be logging a lot of miles over the next couple weeks, is in Guadalajara on Saturday, with Valiente & some of the CMLL GDL roster, to support Livestrong cancer testing.
Psycho Cirucs, Payasos Rojo, Azul and Amarillo, and Halloween and X-Fly are all in an apuesta cage match on July 9 in Arena Lopez Mateos.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
Rob reveals a big edit from last year’s Heroes Inmortales. Aerostar finished that match, somehow.
- Atlantis vows to be professional in his match with Ultimo Guerrero on Friday.
- Amapola talks about wanting Lluvia’s mask and Marcela’s hair before any more title matches. She sounds very happy with her match with Lluvia.
- Dark Angel is headed to Puerto Rico next month.
- Super Crazy and Veneno are headed back to Panama.
- Sara Galbiati, who posted a series of lucha libre photographya while ago, talks about the creation of those photos
- Mi Lucha Libre looks back at TripleMania 7, 8, and 9
- CMLL Gaceta profiles Artillero and Astral
- DJ Spectro looks back at Los Brazos.
- Box y Lucha interviews Flamita (third generation luchador!), Daga, Vanely, Arana de Plata Jr., and Yuki Star.
- Video of the new Hijo de Rey Misterio’s San Diego debut.
Tentative plan of events
Today: one more recap post, Lucha Times, maybe I get to the Forjando un Idolo matches or Rob’s C3 feed (which I’m certainly watching over the version that airs over LATV), maybe comments on Rey del Ring should it make the internet
Friday: Preview? Something like that? Chat starts 8:30pm CT, in tune with the RadioCMLL coverage. Quick results of the big match(es) on Twitter and maybe a photo of someone unmasked.
Saturday: Normal Saturday post and TV discussion. Tickets say the show starts at 8pm, but I’m sure it’s not actually until a while after that. Maybe 8:30 again? If there’s a feed, there’s a feed, but there should be coverage regardless.
Sunday: I do other things? Maybe? Maybe.