taped 2011-05-23 @ Arena Puebla
CMLL (TUE) 06/14/2011 Arena Mexico [CMLL, Record]
1) Höruz & Robin b Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Astral, Bam Bam, Shockercito b Pequeño Nitro, Pequeño Olímpico, Pequeño Warrior
3) Dr. X, Loco Max, Nitro DQ Ángel Azteca Jr., Ángel de Plata, Fuego
straight falls for the rudos, with Fuego yanking off Dr. X’s mask in the second. It was no accident this time, Fuego just got annoyed and pulled his mask off.
4) Dragón Rojo Jr., Héctor Garza, Olímpico b Black Warrior, Sangre Azteca, Valiente
Rudos took 1/3.
5) Rey Bucanero b La Sombra, Blue Panther, Atlantis, Máximo, Texano, Felino, Sagrado [NWA LH, cibernetico, semifinal]
First four out were Sagrado (via Felino), Felino (Blue Panther), Texano (Sombra), Maximo (Atlantis). Atlantis and Panther were having it out in the middle of the ring when Bucanero & Sombra each pulled them into cradles. Bucanero beat Sombra with the Buca Destroyer for the win. He faces Fantasma next week.
Hmm, cursed guy or long time tag partner of the guy added to the programming department? The Fantasma curse is completely over if he can pull this one off.
CMLL (TUE) 06/14/2011 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Virgo b Leo
2) Camaleón & Trueno b Exterminador & Templario
rudo team could not work together.
3) Guerrero Maya Jr., Hombre Bala, Starman b Arkángel de la Muerte, Ráfaga, Skándalo
4) Amapola b Lluvia [CMLL WOMEN]
Lluvia took the first fall, but the champ won the last two to hand onto her belt
5) La Máscara & Toscano b Mr. Águila & Volador Jr.
Toscano replaced Rush (who the recap mentions had been behaving badly here of late.) Rudos took the first, tecnicos took the last two and three clean.
We have that as defense #22 for Amapola, Lluvia’s second try.
Ultimo Guerrero tells Terra “I think the time of the Guerreros de Atlantida is just about over.” Ultimo is not pleased with Atlantis for taking Shocker’s spot in the Forjando un Idolo, and he may have to part ways if it ends up costing Ultimo 3 points on Friday. UG already has plans for the breakup: Dragon Rojo can stay, and Escorpion takes Atlantis’ spot.
Do you want to see La Mascara vs Averno? Then you probably need to book a ticket to Mexico City right now. CMLL Gaceta says the match will not air on TV on the Saturday show, and the new policy is these sorts of matches will not air anywhere for six months – which would probably mean the December recap/highlight season. Two quick points here
1) CMLL is a promotion in Mexico City that really only cares about Mexico City, and more specifically the number of seats filled in Arena Mexico. This is a great push to get people in the city to make sure they come to your show (and make sure it’s the show they have to see in person if they see any show that weekend, hint.) The world outside the borders of Distrio Federal can take a long walk off a short pier. Any debate about CMLL taking action because of their national TV rating is pointless, because they don’t care! (You can make a debate about Televisa doing something, if you must.)
2) Even CMLL is admitting Maximo & Brazo de Plata vs Doble T was not a big deal match now! I don’t think that was supposed to happen there.
A quick note about the Sin Cara/CMLL copyright deal: people are misunderstanding what that is. Sin Cara will be able to use that name in Mexico while in WWE without a problem, and they’ll be able to sell t-shirts and masks and all sorts of usual things. The only way that can’t happen is if CMLL sues to protect their copyright, and they won’t do that because they’ll surely lose. Unless Mexican law works strangely, it doesn’t matter that CMLL got it in a couple weeks earlier if it’s clear that’s WWE came up with the idea (and it is.) This will have no affect on WWE and CMLL is hoping WWE doesn’t ever even notice their claim.
This is not about WWE. This is a pre-empetive strike on Sin Cara himself. If he leaves WWE and comes back to Mexico, he won’t be able to use the Mistico in Mexico because CMLL owns that, and now he won’t be able to use the Sin Cara name either (if this holds up). Sin Cara could also take CMLL to court over it, but it’ll be a lot tougher for an individual and personally expensive. In theory, CMLL could bring him back to their promotion to use either name, but that’s unlikely to happen without a change in ownership. Sin Cara will more likely be stuck changing to yet another name. (Probably something starting with an ‘A’.)
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.
- Groupon has a deal on Lucha Libre USA tickets.
- The Lucha Future tour of England starts next weekend. No exact cards, but add Super Nova, Skayde, Dr. Cerebro & Magno to Blue Demon & Casandro.
- Hype for Destructor & Corazon de Barrio vs Hator & Heidi Karaoui in a (psuedo) MMA battle, who seems to be everyone but his last name is never spelled the same way.
- Damian 666 talks about TripleMania, manages not to talk about MVP.
- Rayo de Jalisco is filming his movie in Arena Jalisco de Guadalajara.
- R de Rudo interviews Casandro
- DJ Spectro looks back at Solar vs Ultraman and el Centroamericano
- Mi Lucha Libre looks back at TripleMania IV
- MT previews the week of lucha libre.
- DTU press release on their charity show.
CMLL (MON) 06/20/2011 Arena Puebla
1) Tigre Rojo & Tigre Rojo Jr. vs Ares & Fuerza Chicana
2) Metálico, Stigma, Trueno vs Bobby Zavala, Puma King, Tiger Kid
3) Ángel Azteca Jr., Ángel de Plata, Guerrero Maya Jr. vs Arkángel de la Muerte, Loco Max, Skándalo
4) Hijo del Fantasma, Metro, Sagrado vs Histeria, Olímpico, Vangelis
5) La Máscara, La Sombra, Rush vs Averno, Mephisto, Mr. Niebla
I don’t have full results for Monday’s Puebla show, but the locals vs Tuareg match ended with the Tuareg just winning and the locals giving them credit for being good wrestlers. Scratch that idea for the July anniversary show.
Looks like the week after Juicio Final shows are all going to be “see Averno or La Mascara unmasked for the first time!” everywhere.
I guess Tigre Rojo turned back tecnico when that feud with the Black Tiger’s disappeared?
CMLL (SUN) 06/19/2011 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Javier Cruz Jr. vs Metalik
2) Hombre Bala Jr. & Super Halcon Jr. vs Malefico & Ráfaga
3) Shockercito & Último Dragoncito vs Olímpico & Pequeño Violencia
4) Metal Blanco, Palacio Negro, Stuka Jr. vs Puma King, Rey Escorpion, Tiger Kid
5) Black Warrior, La Sombra, Valiente vs Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Pólvora
Card is totally different than the one I posted earlier in the week. Semimain is a rematch, but we never got the results from last Sunday.
CMLL (WED) 06/22/2011 Arena Queretaro
1) 1 & 2 vs 3 & 4
2) 1, 2, 3 vs 4, 5, 6
3) Disturbio & Principe vs Alex Guajardo & Galaxy
4) Dalys la Caribeña, Dark Angel, Marcela vs Amapola, Princesa Blanca, Princesa Sugheit
5) La Máscara & La Sombra vs Averno & Mephisto
Wednesday! Tuesday is the traditional date here. Possibly because the La Mascara & Averno show is in Guadalajara that night?
I assume that’s a different Disturbio or it’s a relevlos match or there’s some Queretaro angle going on the rest of us are not privileged to.
Mesias says he’s fine and will wrestle at TripleMania. In an interview with Record, he said he did work the Cancun show and did not work in Monterrey as scheduled and instead was home on Sunday. Mesias declined to explain what exactly happened. He says his wife did contact AAA to let them know he had a problem, but it was not near as a big deal as the kidnapping story.
Enrique Yniesta, writer for Box Y Lucha, mentions on his (locked) Twitter feed that Perro Aguayo Jr. is off of TripleMania, and X-Fly will take his place in the trios title match. I haven’t seen any other reports about this yet.