CMLL (SUN) 06/12/2011 Arena Mexico [Cesar, CMLL]
1) Artillero, Disturbio, Ramstein b Bengala, Camaleón, Trueno
Rudos took 2/3.
2) Ayumi, Luna Mágica, Marcela b Amapola, La Comandante, La Seductora
Tecncias took 1/3. Ayumi/Amapola worked against each other. First Seductora match since January.
3) Black Warrior, Metro, Sangre Azteca b Euforia, Misterioso Jr., Vangelis
Tecnicos took 1/3. Good match.
4) Blue Panther, Hijo del Fantasma, La Sombra b Dragón Rojo Jr., Shinsuke Nakamura, Volador Jr.
Tecnicos took 2/3.
5) Último Guerrero b Rush [CMLL HEAVY]
Dragon Rojo seconded UG, Rush’s good friend Metro seconded him. Rush took the first quick, UG took the second quicker. Crowd was behind Guerrero, of course.
AAA TV notes
Not a great way to start off TripleMania week.
In Mexico, the usual Sunday afternoon show was moved to Saturday. It was right after CMLL, so some people who might watch both shows may have stayed tuned for it, but anyone looking for the go home show for the PPV in it’s usual spot would have not seen it. AAA did not appear to know about this change and surely is very unhappy about it.
In the US, the show was pre-empted, ostensibly for Gold Cup coverage. CMLL aired in AAA’s slots on Saturday and Sunday overnight, but pushed back due to the soccer games. Back when CMLL came back on Galavision, my theory was they were brought back primarily due to being in HD – Galavision is try to push it’s HD channel on local cable companies and AAA isn’t in HD yet – and that would be a reason to make sure CMLL airs. However, the stuff Galavision was airing in the slot that could’ve had AAA on Sunday was stuff like nature documentaries, not something live/vital that couldn’t be bumped off to put AAA on if AAA wanted to put it on. Galavision is currently not listing AAA for next week either, though they tend to repeat last week’s schedule at first then change it all up during the week. The Gold Cup continues next weekend, but I do not believe the Galavision will be carrying any of the games.
TripleMania will air on PPV on Saturday, as it has the last two years. Last year, AAA also aired it in the regular order of tapings (though a bit clipped down.) The year prior, AAA waited to air as part of their end of the year vacation shows. This year, they may again be pushing back the TripleMania airing. This Saturday’s TV show mentioned they’d be taping on 06/24 in Queretaro. AAA doesn’t need to tape again this soon, unless they’re skipping airing TripleMania on regular TV, so that’s probably what they’re doing. I am sure it’ll turn up online soon after the show, and I hope it’ll turn up in a stream (but I don’t want to encourage piracy, oh no.)
MVP says he is not working the Perros del Mal show and was never contacted about it. Perros del Mal haven’t said anything yet.
Avisman and Freelance were due to have a hair match tonight.
In possibly fictional movie news, El Hijo del Santo and a Televisa executive talk about a plan to updated existing El Santo footage to HD and create a new “El Santo vs El Hijo del Santo” movie. Televisa is starting a new HD movies channel and wants all the Santo movies in HD, and this gives them something new to promote. (Interesting, but not surprising, that they’re not just making a new movie with El Hijo del Santo; the expensive of digitally inserting the original is evidently worth it. )
Also in possibly fictional movie news, Rayo de Jalisco talks about signing a deal for three movies, where Rayo would play another luchador in the first movie. I’m not sure why you pay Rayo to be in a movie if he’s not going to be Rayo – that’s what he’s got going for him – but few of these movies ever seem to get made or finished. The Santo one probably will because it’s got Televisa behind it, this one has “people in Spain”.
Atlantis vs Ultimo Guerrero is supposed to take place at the Congress Theatre on June 26. We’ll see.
SuperLuchas #417 hypes TripleMania. Inside, a story about CMLL trademarking the Sin Cara name and image in Mexico. It was a couple weeks after Sin Cara was introduced, but a couple of weeks before WWE thought to do in Mexico. Also, which CMLL lucahdor has risked life and limb by accidentally being interviewed by someone who sent the interview to SuperLuchas? Hint: his favorite wrestlers include Sabu & Pac.
Luchas 2000 #574 has a double issue about Friday & Sunday’s matches.
- R de Rudo files an anti-report from Mask Expo @ el Mujam.
- CMLL Gaceta hypes Mascara & Averno‘s careers leading into Friday.
- Decnnis, Tito and Violento Jack discuss Jack joining la Milicia.
- SuperLuchas looks at TripleMania I, Mi Lucha Libre does TripleMania II.
- SuperLuchas also previews the big LA Park match with previous big LA Park matches.
- DJ Spectro looks back at Enigma de Oro vs Betman
- I forget if I’ve already linked to the FMLL list of top contenders to the Champion du Monde, but it’s great enough to deserve multiple links.
IWRG (THU) 06/16/2011 Arena Naucalpan
1) Dragon Fly & Tritón vs Alan Extreme & Dark Devil
2) Dinamic Black, Eragón, Hijo del Pantera vs Carta Brava Jr., El Pollo Asesino, Imposible
3) Último Gladiador vs Hijo del Brazo, Villano V, Veneno, Damián 666, Drago, Oficial AK47, Solar I, Máscara Año 2000, Multifacético, Máscara Año 2000 Jr., Pimpinela Escarlata, Rayo de Jalisco Jr., Trauma I, Negro Navarro, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 [Rey del Ring]
The weekend of big shows starts on Thursday – Rey del Ring! I’ve only figured out 15 based on the posted, and they may not be totally correct.
IWRG (SUN) 06/19/2011 Arena Naucalpan
1) Saruman & Tritón vs Epidemia & Keshin Black
2) Dinamic Black & Eragón vs Alan Extreme & Imposible
3) Centurión, Golden Magic, Hijo del Pantera vs Carta Brava Jr., Comando Negro, El Pollo Asesino
4) Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, Multifacético vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
5) Argos, el Ángel, Pantera vs Bestia 666, Dr. Cerebro, Super Crazy
First match for Argos here since 2007.
IWRG (SUN) 07/03/2011 Arena Naucalpan
***Festivals de las Mascaras***
1) Golden Magic & Niño Tormenta vs Alan Extreme & Karibe King
2) Eterno, Orito (Segura), Panterita vs Capitán Muerte, Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro
3) Bobby Lee Jr., Coco Rojo, Veneno vs Cuchillo, Kahoz, Rambo
4) Fray Tormenta, Pantera, Solar I vs Black Terry, Negro Navarro, Scorpio Jr.
5) ?, Konnan, Rayo de Jalisco Jr. vs Cien Caras, Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000
Annual “Everyone gets to wear their mask” show. Fray Tormenta is being honored, so he’s in the semimain and two of his students are in the opener.